Viewsat vrs c.w

Username: Jakel

Post Number: 2
can anyone give me a comparison or review of something new they are testing like the viewsat vrs c.w or coolsot.my pansat 2500's are pretty much nfg and i want something new not hd though
lk nalin satscanner can you let me know what the cadillacs are out there

Silver Member
Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 159
Viewsat Ultra......Viewsat VS2000 XTREME ...or ExtremeView Magnum XV-3300...

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1626
Then I like the cooolsat,They have been around awile and have aux card support proven to work ,also with good bin support too.And there recievers are so tiny......kinda cute.lol

*Available in silver or black,your choice.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 989
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2282
Sonicview 4000 - Bought on 5th February. Workign without any autoroll problems all the time without any attention, except BIN updates vias USB

Post Number: 3
thanks for the info I havent seen too many magnums yet are they still only availabe to testers or are they available to public. also are the sonics one of the first to come out with new bins I was really dissapointed with pansat they gave up on us for awhile
thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8584
Viewsat Ultra with USB stick
Viewsat Extreme
Extremeview Magnum (been public for many months now)
Sonicview 1000 or 4000
Coo*lsat 5000

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 430
i can say the same about captive works 600p the bins are great so is the support is great and the picture is great and you can get in can for as low as85 but most are selling for 110 you can go to other sites and read about cw this box is great for the money you can not go wrong with cw600p try it you will love it i do eazy to use hope this helps you

Post Number: 4
ty bruce this helps
I actually fried my ps2500 pulled my cable out of the snow and touched the coaxial together they sparked and the rest is history.
in the market for new and doing research.only thing i don t like about viewsat is in my opinion they are ugly and no channel display on the front of the box like cw

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
james this box is worth 110 you can not go wrong and i read that viewsat is having truble with there boxes

Post Number: 5
ty bruce but i have to ask lk about that one as i know he is a big viewsat fan.how about it lk

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
james you got to go read for your self and find out from others who have both boxes ill get you a post from other site got this from dssrookie*com change the *to a dot and there are more this is just one 600p better than Ultra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a Viewsat Ulta thought it would be better than My Captiveworks 600 premimum But over all the Captive works 600p is quite a bit better.

Maybe the Ultra may get quicker updates I don't know yet.
On the Captiveworks you can save the channel lists transfer it to the computer and also do a factory default and still have the list. Do a factory default on the ultra and you loose everything and good luck getting the Channel list off the computer and on to the Ultra box. This is the biggest difference that gives Captive works 600p the edge.

Another thing that places the 600p ahead of the Ultra is that I can use the component video cables and get a very high quality picture. On the Ultra the Component video does not work.

Anything that you can do with the Viewsat Ultra you can do with the Captive works 600 Premimun and The premimun does it a whole lot better. I can place channels anywhere I want and give them any number know matter what satellite it comes off of . For 120 dollars Canadian as opposed to 220 Canadian for the Ultra its hands down the better receiver.

If Captive works could get a little quicker updates then it would far surpass the Viewsat Ultra.

Scottmac

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 57
i have a cw600p and imo its awesome. Really easy to use and excellent quality. I havn't used a viewsat yet so i can't really compare them but so far there is no need for me to get a viewsat. BTW this box is for $100 at globalwholesalers.biz and you WONT get a clone...

It really is up to you but IMO this would be the best bang for the buck. I myself am coming from a 2500 and i say there is a HUGE difference in these boxes lol...beleive me you wont be dissappointed with this box.

Channel scans are a thousand times faster.
Channel switching a million times faster.
Picture quality is excellent.
Extremely user friendly box.
EPG is up to date is and is capable up to 7 days.

In my opinion its just a great box and well worth the money.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 999
One of the things I like about the ultra is the usb option to flash your receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
for the price of ultra you can get cw600p and cw-100r for 180 or 190 and it has the usb option to flash

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1004
180 or 190 is a good price for both of them. Pansatdirect sells the combo for 229.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2285
bruce l and Mr. Skullz : I am very impressed with your detailed recommendation of the CW600P, and am thinking of recommending it to the next person who asks me. Are there any pitfalls to watch for?

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
Nalin i been testing with cw600pfor almost one year my box has always worked good even when all other ftas didnt work in the summer cw600p did work with card sharing via internetso my tv was still working bins come out fast and usally are very good with not much bugs so i cant say anything bad about this box when i bought my box 9 or10 months ago it cost me 160 and worth every cent of it if you ever need to add the keys manual all you have to do is hit one button on your remote page down and keys pop up on tv and new one in hit ok and your done and i know you can do that with viewsat instead of recommand cw to others you should spend the 100 dollars and get one for you self you be inpressed with the support and quality of this box have agood night

Post Number: 6
ty bruce I,mr skullz,hawiian time
this helps I think you helped make up my mind if you are coming off a pansat 2500 and you like this cw box that much i am sure i will love it too. can you recommend any reputable non-clone canadian sites that you like.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 73
yea...what bruce l said

and james...i bought my cw from globalwholesalers.biz and your pretty much guaranteed not to get a clone. its going to be $100 for the box and usually its free shipping. But since you need the box to be shipped to Canada, there is a $20 shipping fee which will give you a total of $120....IMO its STILL cheaper than many other sites.

and thx Nalin...so far no pitfalls :-) works flawlessly and im sure ppl would be satisfied with this stb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8597
LMAO...how can U people (bruce & nalin) recommend 1 box over another WITHOUT EVER even using the "other" box..what a joke!

bruce...every single post here of yours is spamming of captiveworks (which is decent, but)...and bruce wants to bash the VS Ultra, but he's probably never even seen one!...

I think for OBVIOUS reasons here daily, bruce has some affiliation with captiveworks!

and nalin already wants to "recommend" a product that she has never even seen...typical of her...always speaks about things she doesn't know or tested!...nows she wants to recommend UNKNOWNS to other people...so typical, must be the "authoritive" figure, but doesn't know crap!...how stupid, egotistic and arrogant is that!

I'll say no more about this matter, cause I already posted my top 5 picks...and have used them all....and I'm not bashing anyone, just pointing out the facts here....

next time I want a unbiased opinion about a car, I'll go ask a Ford dealer...and get recommendations from people who never sat or drove in any other car!...LMAO

honestly buy whatever u want...buy based on what U decide, ..price, features, proven track record, software availability, etc...only U can decide!...if U go to the pansat site, u'll get a million people saying thats the best...so use a REPUTABLE Dss neutral site (this is NOT a Dss site) thats sponsors and sell them all and are not the unofficial home site of a particular receiver...and ask and post there....I would suggest buying from www.globalwholesalers.biz which sponsors MANY Dss sites now, and will NOT sell you a clone..and I have NO affiliation with any dealers, receivers, or specific products...yes I admin at a few neutral sites, and have heard complaints and raves about every receiver ever made, so anything I say is just my 2 cents..and sometimes contrary to what some people and sites will "endorse"..

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
LK For one i do not sell cars or cw boxes and my buddy up the road got viewsat ex which stopped working one month after he spent 200 went and got a nother viewsat ultra this time got a month and a half out of it i do not get free boxes out of this like you do for selling viewsat you can read go on the forum and you will see all the touble others are having not just this form but others forms i get nothing from cw for helping others see that they got a good product and i dont care what you think now you can tell me you dont get a free box because seen on a nother post that you did im done wasting my time with you lk have a good night ah

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 64
Hello everybody,
I just want to put my 2 cents;
I bought vs ultra and cw600sp about same time on both. So far no problems with my cw600sp, I can't say the same about my vs ultra. About 2 weeks ago my ultra died after I plug it off and on; the usb feature did not help at that time, I have to disconnect reciever like any other and hook it up to the pc to re-load bins. So if this is a competition between this 2 recievers; cw600sp is winning 1 to nothing so far.
Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
da-neegha thanks for the info im my books it is cw600p bins come out just as fast as viewsat if not faster and better quailty bins from cw

Gold Member

Post Number: 2287
bruce l and Mr. Skullz : Thanks a lot for your valuable info on CW600P

Gold Member

Post Number: 8598
bruce ...I can see how intelligent u are now...U are bashing ME because I have had the opportunity to actually use other receivers and make an informed opinion based on experience...where as U cannot do that, ...so therefore U are implying that I should be bashed for my experiences that U do NOT have...I see U are VERY intelligent, with much LOGIC!...LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
lk i did not bash you i did not tell you i was smarter at fta i told you i was learning this and geting better i do not need from you nor do i want your help the truth is cw600p is better then viewsat im not the only one who thinks this got futures go to dssrookie and lk you no im right dont get mad get cw600p you will have a real fta box with good bins not one that burns out boxes lol have a good night you make me laugh

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1663
I have an ultra and works great.It has already paid for itself and owes me nothing.I'm thinking replacing the pansat,but will study my options more before I deciede what box to replace it.I will research the cw line more,it has my interest,at this time only.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us