HLN5065W Problem - Input Please

Username: Dsp166

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,

This is an amazing forum and I've learned alot from the posts. I have a problem that I don't know if it is similar to the ones already described on the forum.

I'm a first time DLP owner (I recently acquired a Samsung HLN5065W from someone through an exchange - def. out of warranty and no receipt). I wasn't aware of any issues and the DLP fired up fine, no noise issues and I only gave it a quick look on a test screen with primarily solid colors (big mistake).

When I got home to hook up my DVD and PC, I realized the colors are off. They are off sort of like a PC monitor that only displays a limited color palette of 256 or 16K color. It is most apparent with contrast dark/light regions. The colors do not appear completely accurate either, i.e. Red is slightly Orange tinted.

I am hoping it is only a bulb replacement (current one says around 7,500 hrs) and not a color wheel or worse yet, the light engine or DMD. I am including a pic of the screen; hopefully it will be obvious to those who are familiar with this type of problem. Can FYI or others familiar with this please help?

Thanks in advance.

Upload

Username: Dsp166

Post Number: 2
Bump! Anyone please help?

Username: Sjones1

Post Number: 3
I'm new on this forum so I don't have any suggestions on your problem.

I don't know if you have a lamp problem or not, but if you do, I would highly recommend you getting a replacement lamp from disccount-merchant.com

Ordered my lamp on Monday and it got here today! Installed it and everything is perfect. I actually think I have a better picture now ;)

I got my lamp here:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsung-HLM437W1X-OEM-Replacement-LAMP-BULB-p/s amsung-bp96-00826a-lamp.htm&Click=1466

Good luck Victor!

S.Jones
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us