Pansat 2700A Clone Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Cybermaster

Post Number: 23
Hello there,

I've got a pansat 2700a clone. It is known as skytech 2700a. It uses all of the pansat clonesafe files. Yesterday, I loaded the Pansat-C 2700 297v1 Tivo.Bin. Strangely, I worked for about 5 minutes, then there was a reboot, then the reciever worked for 30 secs, and then nothing. Am I using the wrong files or something. I have another clone called pansat 2700-n2. I loaded the same files onto that, everything is fine. I've been using the pansat 2700-n2 clone for almost six months now. Can someone help with skytech 2700a issue. Any help be great. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1595
Well the latest bin killed it.You will have to "j" tag it to revieve it,and why would u?Trash that junk box and get anything better.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 339
The 2700 clone is a good box, supported well too. Go to dssrookie.com and after ya join (free), you will find MANY resources on the 2700 clone. You probably need to jtag, but there is a jtagless solution too. Its actually one of the better supported boxes out there, and should be for a while yet. Mine runs great :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1599
Edenman really? If my genuine 2700a died I woundn't reveive it,let alone a clone.So many better boxes out there and there inexpensive, so why put the effort into a clone?And pansat clone to begin with?

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 340
Well, it works great, cant kill it if you know how to jtag. cheap. fun. supported. I will think of more pluses later cause its a great box :-)

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8538
a clone is a clone...copy, fake, imitation..made with inferior cheaper parts...some are better than others , and some genuine really suck!...and the genuine manufacturers have also been accused of manufacturing clones themselves and selling them....thanks to don dinero, 2700 clones usually do have a working bin..

and like cars , never buy one made on a Monday or friday...Monday due to 75% of adult population drink and many are hungover on Monday, and on Friday all they are thinking about is the weekend partying..unlike cars and the VIN, U cannot tell when FTA receivers are made..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1605
And all parts aren't created equal either,some will have inferior parts even if made the same day,same assembly line.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 820

Any way you cut it A Clone is a Clone,
and there is a lot out there besides the FTA Receivers.A genuine Receiver or some Clone Receivers are hard to tell apart. Almost as
hard as counterfeit money.

I was looking to buy a two door refrigerator
and freezer. Now here is what I found.
General Electric, ($1,500)
Americana, ($1,100)
Both look the same but,here is what I found to be the difference, cheaper materials, contracted,
cheaper draws and shelves.
Guess What? Both of these boxes are made by or for General Electric. Bottom Line, you get what you pay for,unless you steal it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8545
I just replaced every applinace in this house in past 6 months...after having many various repairmen fixing my only 5 year old appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, 27ft side by side w ice/water c, built in microwave, stove, et) I learned 1 thing from ALL of these service techs..ONLY buy Whirlpool made..even Maytag and half of Kenmore are Whirlpool owned/made..and never buy Frigidaire or GE..

Bronze Member
Username: Dishall

Post Number: 19
which is clone safe bin for pansat 2700

Gold Member

Post Number: 8556
Either the Vortex 2001 with b75 upgrade or the 201v1 with b75 upgrade are the latest current working 2700 CLONE bins..

www.ftabins.net has them both..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us