Help - Problem with Samsung LN-S5296D

Username: Jmsbuford

Post Number: 1
Someone please help...

My new Samsung LN-S5296D arrived one week ago and I am now having problems with it. It is hooked up to a Sony DVP-NS75H DVD player and a DirecTV HR10-250 HD DVR/Tivo unit, both with HDMI.

When I turn the TV on after it has been off for awhile, the screen will not come on, even though the sound does. I figure it may be a problem with the communication between TV and source(s) via HDMI so I turn the source on first so the TV can "find" it - no luck. I usually have to turn the TV on and off several times to get the screen to come on.

Can someone please advise if this is an HDMI communication issue or if I have a defective LN-S5296D?

Thanks in advance.
JMSBuford

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 908
Hopefully you didn't mess-up the connector

HDMI input connections in HDTV
One of the biggest problems on some HDTV is they make one HDMI input.

If you got Play station, HDDVD, HD Satellite receiver/HD cable. Question: are you going to keep swaping? I think they should have 3 HDMI on any HDTV. This is one possible solution to get by until they start making multiple HDMI inputs.

HDMI-31 Switch
Switches when HDMI signal is detected.
Connects multiple HDMI components to a single HDTV. Automatically switches when you turn a product on Video Amplifier Bandwidth - 1.65 Ghz Compatible Format Support - DVI, HDCP Resolution Supported - 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Upload

For few more simple tips on HDMI check post#749
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us