Archive through March 15, 2007

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2043
Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher then the regular Dish Pro which creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- DISEqC Software requirements are different for both LNBs.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners.

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

UNLIKE MOST WHO REPEAT WHAT I SAY AND THEN DO SO INCORRECTLY

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

The biggest problem I've seen from people attempting to use Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus LNB's is performing scans. They end up with repeated channels! There is a technique to performing a perfect scan and is addressed in my follow-up post.

There is no substitute for testing and testing is where you will gain knowledge!

As I said before -- FOR THOSE WHO WILL QUOTE OR JUST REPEAT WHAT I SAY -- I rather you cut and past the information correctly and give credit where credit is due or at least quote the information correctly!

This thread is not open to discussion unless you bring testing knowledge to the table and not what you've read.

OH YES -- for the trouble makers around here, don't bother posting -- YOU WILL BE IGNORED...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2044
Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) or DishProPlus Twin LNB

-First you will need to reset factory defaults

-Then go into your Antenna Setup and configure

NOTE: If you are using Fortec or Pansat you will need to unselect the bird you are not scanning. To do this, use the arrows on your remote to deselect the sat.

- You will then set your LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 110 = 2).

NOTE: If you are scanning 119 then 110 should be unselected and in the DISEcQ option it should read NONE.

- Now commence your blind scan.

NOTE: At the end of this process do the same for next sat repeating the steps above. Once you have completed all scans you will need to go back and reconfigure your antennas as follows:

For Fortecs and Pansats:

LNB TYPE = DishPro
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

The remaining options will stay the same. Keep in mind that depending on your location you may or may not have any signal on the first TP that appears in your settings for 119. Do not alarm yourself with this.

For Viewsat Owners the steps are pretty similar, but all you do is turn the LNB Power Off in the Antenna Setup.

Once completed you will need to reconfigure as follows:

LNB TYPE = OSC-DP

Enjoy!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 220
PRFRMNJ
this the first time i will say that you are doing something positive. it takes only the courage . and i congradul u really i mean it . well explained . well said the rest of trouble maker go away .
thanx for the article.

Bronze Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 30
i have the one befor its work good but i d,n,nt know now its not work on diseqc 2 for 110 waht i doing. i \when i put 110 on disceqc2 i last both sagnale like LNB sagnal and satelite too.thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2045
bump

Username: David_2

Post Number: 9
PRFRMNJ

good explanation

nice job

Gold Member

Post Number: 2052
Thanks Samdo!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1868
nike usa: Can you give more details of your set up here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2054
Nike - What type of LNB are you using? Is it a DishPro Twin/Quad? DishProPlus Twin? Without this info I can't help you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2085
bump

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 39
i have dish pro plus and i use view sat ricver.so what kind setup i need i have two low sagnal.thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 120
Thanks a lot for this Post PRFRMNJ, that answers a few other questions in my mind. hats off to you Hope you dont mind i Cut/Copy that for my own future ref.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2129
Nike - With a Dish Pro Plus LNB you need to keep your DN receiver connected to the first output of the LNB and then connect the VS to the second line. The VS antena setup should be:
LNB Type - OSC-DP
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2

MrPig - Thank you and no I don't mind the C&P of anything I post as long as the person doing it is not claiming it as his own work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2130
One last thing I need to mention about DishPro Equipment in general..

You can NOT use a Dish Pro Switch with Non-DishPro LNB's. It will NOT work. If you have Standar DSS LNB's and you want to install more then two (2) Receivers then I recommend using two Zinwell 3x4 switches connected as follows:

Connect One (1) Zinwell switch to each LNB making sure you connect the 18v input to the left side LNB Output and the 13v input to the right side LNB Output.

Once you've connected your Zinwell switches all you have to do is connect your DISEcQ switch to the Zinwell switch making sure you connect reciver one of the 119 zinwell switch to receiver one of the 110 zinwell switch.

Where you connect the line into the DISEcQ is really up to you, but I would recommend the standard that has been used which is:

119 to input 1 of the DISEcQ
110 to input 2 of the DISEcQ

Gold Member

Post Number: 2131
I almost forgot! On the Zinwell 3X4 switch you will not use the middle input which is an off air antena input. Only the 18v and the 13v which will be connected to the dual LNB as stated above.

Bronze Member
Username: Newtofta

Post Number: 57
i am doing the perfect scan right now.....when i am done scanning both birds where do i go to reconfigure? and how many channels should i get off of echo 7?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i have a Fortec

Gold Member

Post Number: 2165
New To FTA - Go do DN dot Com to find out the channel list but I believe is well over 350 when everythign is said and done...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2166
If you followed the Perfect Scan instructions then you already know how to get into the antenna setup to reconfigure them once you are done. Did I miss something?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
no you didnt miss anything......i had a dumb moment.
When i did the perfect scan i still got duplicates. All together i got like 800 channels....and went thru some of them and there were a lot of dups. Another thing i want to ask you is...is there any way to get a channel to work that says scrambled or bad channel. I already did the turn the channel back and forth and turned it off then on. The channel is USA. Thats about the only one, of the channels that i watch, that wont come in.
Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2168
New - If you have duplicates then you did something wrong in the process! What is your setup? What type of switch? What's your antena configuration?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
i have 1 dish, 2 LNBs, 2x1 diseqc, the dish is a pro.

Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 3
To PRFRMNJ :

So, if I have the DishProPlus Twin LNB, must I still use the provided DISEqC??? I guess the question is, must the DISEqC always be used, no matter what type of LNB's you have...I am a little confused on the part.

Post Number: 4
To add to my previous post, I am asking because I have two dual tunner DN receivers. And I want to know if can just go directly from the DishProPlus LNB's since they have built in switches, or do I have to use the DISEqC???

Scenario 1: Keep one dual tuner receiver and the Viewsat 2000 xtreme operational

Scenario 2: I would like to eventually keep both receivers operational and add the Viewsat 2000 xtreme as well.

How would I go about achieving those scenarios. At the moment, I am more interested in scenario 1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2240
Sup Yo - The answer to your first question. With these LNB's you do not use a DISEcQ switch. You only set up the antennas in the configuration as if you were using it.

Senario 1 - You would need to keep your Dual Tuner connected to line one of the DishProPlus LNB and hook up the Viewsat to the second line.

Senario 2 - In order to add to the DishProPlus setup you would need to add a DishProPlus 44 switch. This is the only switch compatible with this LNB in order to keep the Dual Tuner via one line with the signal splitter that is installed in the back of your dual tunners.

You would connect the DishProPlus 44 switch to the DishProPlus Twin LNB inputs (2 lines) and then run 4 separate lines to your tunners.

If you look at the back of your Dual tunners, you'll see a signal splitter specifically designed for the Dual Tuners. This cannot be used with DishPro equipment. Only DishProPlus which is the reason you can only use a DishProPlus 44 Switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2241
There are easier ways to do this. But if you want to use the equipment you already have then, that would be the way to do it. The other way would be to install Zinwell switches or even going with DishPro equipment rather then DishProPlus and running DP34 switches which can be chained together to run up to twelve receivers.

The downfall to this is in order to keep your dual tuners working you'll need to eliminate the signal spliter and run two lines per receiver.

Post Number: 5
So as long as one of the dual tuners is connected to line 1, I should be ok??? It doesn't necessarily have to be the one I am replacing with the viewsat 2000 xtreme, right???

I tried doing the "Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) or DishProPlus Twin LNB" that you have described above, but I still ended up getting duplicate channels....what could be the problem???

It doesn't seem like sat 110 is coming in correctly...could it be that I don't have line 1 connected to the dual tunner correctly???

Also, when I do a channel scan, am I supposed to scan only Horizontal or Vertical, or ALL??? It also shows an option called "Step" and you can change the number, I am a little confused about that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2249
I need to update that. In the "Perfect Scan" I said to do a BLIND SCAN and with viewsats you need to just do a SAT SCAN. Viewsats will automatically update your TP's so there is no need to do a BLIND SCAN. Erase all channels and try it again using but doing the SAT or CHANNEL SCAN. Not the BLIND SCAN.

And the asnwer to your firt question is "Yes", that will work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2250
UPDATED PERFECT SCAN

Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) or DishProPlus Twin LNB

-First you will need to reset factory defaults

-Then go into your Antenna Setup and configure

NOTE: If you are using Fortec or Pansat you will need to unselect the bird you are not scanning. To do this, use the arrows on your remote to deselect the sat.

- You will then set your LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 110 = 2).

NOTE: If you are scanning 119 then 110 should be unselected and in the DISEcQ option it should read NONE.

- Now commence your scan as follows:

Viewsats = Sat Scan
Pansats/Fortec = Blind Scan

All other = Equivalent to Blind Scan

NOTE: The reason for doing only a Sat Scan for Viewsats is because by default Viewsats will update all TP's on the bird being scanned. If you try to do a Blind Scan without deleting your TP's you end up with duplicate TP's and channels

- At the end of this process do the same for next sat repeating the steps above. Once you have completed all scans you will need to go back and reconfigure your antennas as follows:

For Fortecs and Pansats:

LNB TYPE = DishPro

The remaining options will stay the same. Keep in mind that depending on your location you may or may not have any signal on the first TP that appears in your settings for 119. Do not alarm yourself with this.

For Viewsat Owners the steps are pretty similar, but all you do is turn the LNB Power Off in the Antenna Setup.

Once completed you will need to reconfigure as follows:

LNB TYPE = OSC-DP

Post Number: 6
So when I am scanning sat 119, the LNB power should be on, and sat 110 LNB power should be should be off, and vice versa when I scan sat 110??? Is this correct???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
Yes, sir! That is correct.

Post Number: 7
I don't know why I didn't ask before, it just slipped my mind....but anyway, once I finish scanning both sats, then both LNB's power should be off, and both set to OSC-DP and 119 = port 1, 110 = port 2.

I just want to make sure because I'm not going to have time until Friday to do all of this, and I want to have a written record in case I forget how to do it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2253
Once you have scanned all your sats, you need to turn your LNB power back "ON" on all of them and configure as you just stated.

Post Number: 8
Ok, I was confused, but now it's clear. Thanks for all your help PRFRMNJ....U THE MAN!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2262
Let me know how it turns out! Success stories help others to see what really works...

Post Number: 9
Actually as it turns out, I had time to do it yesterday because I got out of work earlier than I expected.

I finally got it to work. But I had to change the TP frequency for sat 119 to 12239 because 12224, as I found out by doing some more reading, is spotbeam I can't receive in my area. Also, for some reason, I am not sure why, but I had to scan sat 119 as LNB = OCS-DP not standard, otherwise the signal quality bar was not present at all. For sat 110 standard worked ok, but I went ahead and scanned it as OCS-DP type as well.

Everything seems to be working ok....the only thing that is annoying me is that my local channels are not in order....anything I can do to fix that....or do I have to use channel master to edit my list???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2269
Unfortunately when it comes to locals that's the way they come out! But you can download the list into Channel Master and edit the Station ID to match the channel number and then reload it to your box. Then when you sort by Station ID they are in the right order.

BTW - It doesn't matter that TP 12224 shows no signal. You can still do the Sat Scan and it will just stay there for a couple of minutes and then move on to the next TP until it scans all the ones you have listed and then will go into an Update Mode to get the ones you may have missed.

But I'm glad you got it to work.

Post Number: 10
Ok thanks, I will try editing the channel list on the weekend most likely to see if I can get it straightened out. Thanks for all your help.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 761

My Uncle Henry used to say, you can fool some of the people some of the time but, you can't fool the people all of the time.What Iam tryig to say ,there are some real asssholes here.I should have said sick mother fucckers.You make the call.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
PRFRMNJ....i did the scan exactly how you explained it and i only got 137 channels.....no ppv and none of the channels will come in.....says scrambled or bad channel. I tried changing channels and turning the receiver off then on, turning the receiver off with the button in the back and unplugging it......still nothing. I have a Fortec....any suggestions? When i did it i tried satellite scan and only got a few channels. Then i did the blind scan and got more channels but not as many as i should.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2274
FTA - On Fortecs and other you have to do Network or Blind Scan. Sat Scan only applies to Viewsats. This is why you are not getting all the channels. It will not update your TP's if you don't use either the Network Scan or Blind Scan... It's in my instructions above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
i realize that.......i did a sat scan first but then i did do the blind scan and only got a few more channels. And i did do a factory before i did the blind. I have network and blind scan both on my receiver.....does it matter what one i use?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
And does the Skew matter? When i do a factory reset it is set at -45.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2275
Kevin - What are you talking about??? What did I miss???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2276
FTA - The skew on the setting really doesn't matter on the FORTEC. Network Scan actually scans for all available TP. Use the Network Scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
i used the network scan and it went very fast and only gave me 80 channels. I dont know if this matters but i went out and looked at the sat again and it is a dish 500 and i have 2 single lnb's. It doesnt say pro on it.....the dish i had b4 said pro on it but it didnt work very well when i had it so i switched to the 500....does that matter?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2277
Okay. Let me see if I understand this. You have a Dish500 with Standard LNB's and you are trying to scan yet, cant get many channels. I assume you are running a DISEcQ Switch so my question is which LNB is connected to Port 1 of the DISEcQ and which is connected to Port 2?

The procedures above are for DishPro Twin and DishProPlus LNBs so everytime you asked a question I was assuming you read the post and had that setup! It's hard to help anyone with half information so you need to be specific.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
i appoligize.....i had the dish pro at first but something was wrong with it....so i thought. I now have the 500 with 2 standard lnb's. 119 is hooked to number 1 and 110 is hooked to number 2.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2278
Then when you do the Network or Blind Scan you should be getting all channels available. Your LNB's should be set to Standard and the DISEcQ Setting as you just stated. If you are not getting all the channels then you have a different problem. Probably an alignment problem with your antena.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
ok......so when i do the scan with the 500 should i select them separately like you said for pro or does that even matter now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
and if everything is set up right how many TPs should i pick up per bird?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
alignment must be wrong....i still only picked up 57 channels on echo 7.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2280
-Normally it wouldn't matter. It is the DishPro LNB's that have to be specific on how you scan then.

-It is best to scan one sat at a time!

-There should be over 40 TP's with signal and channels on 119, but I have not counted them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
ok.....i appreciate the help...and again i appoligize for not have all my facts straight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2282
LOL! Not a problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
where can i find a channel list and what tp they are on?

Username: Jerkisland

Post Number: 1
Execellent steps even a newbie like me could understand and configure. After configuring I start getting the channels before I wasn't. But I get them only for about 5 minutes and then I start seeing no signal for all the channels unless I turn off the receiver from the back and turn back on. Also I did a blind scan for 61.5 by setting it to 3.I have Pansat 3500D. Please advice me on how to proceed, do I need an amplifier ?

Gold Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 1019
PRFRMNJ, what are the likely repercussions of connecting 110 to 1 & 119 to 2? Is this just a recommendation for simplicity's sake, or a necessity?

Would it really make a difference in something?

Thanks, I want to make sure it's worthwhile before i went back outside 2 change it up.

Much appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2284
DumDude - This sounds like a hardware problem. All I can say is check all your connections and switches.

Ryerson - The reason for the setup is because it is the standard used. DishPro LNB's are set up this way and most DN setups are as well. This way it is a lot easier to troubleshoot problems. However, if you are doing your own installation it really doesn't matter where you connect the LNB (switch port that is). It's just that if you have to ask for help then we assume you have a standard setup and troubleshoot based on that.

Username: Reddy7004

Post Number: 2
Hello.. please help anyone and esp. PRFRMNJ

My friend helped in installing all files into ViewSat Extreme and I have balcony facing SE, I am pointing to EchoStar 3 61.5 and I have Signal and Quality coming over 80% but all channels are not coming say I get ZTV channels and PPV movies but not PPV sports or Sony Channel. I tried moving dish but no use either I get nothing or getting some channels.

This was working when I hook this upto my friend dish position who lives 60 miles away and he set up on TP frequency 12224 but I am not catching any signal on this TP frequency but I got more than 80 % on TP frequency 12501 and I used blind scan after installing disc and I got 127 TV channels and 29 radio channels scanned but out these 127 Im getting only 20 channels with pictures and when I go to either Sony or PPV sports it is showing "searching for signal".

What am I doing wrong here ?

Appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2287
Reddy - Please start another thread for that question and don't hijack this thread. This thread is for DishPro Twin/Quad and DishProPlus LNB's, scanning and setup. I'll be glad to help elswhere.

Username: Papacito

PRFRMNJ......right now i i have a fortec working perfectly....and i just bought a reciever for dish prepaid....i just want to know if the antenna will be just fine to conect this dish reciever and will it work....tha't s about the cordinates where the antenna is pointed at...i would find out for my self...but i will have to buy a $30 prepaid card and i don't want to buy one just yet, thank you!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2290
it will depend on the switches you intend to use and LNB's, but it should work.

Post Number: 7
it uses dish 500 and the lnb's one says 110
and the other one says 119 and those are the sats that i'm watching...than you!!!
you know what?....i'm going to buy one card and find out....and this way i will see if the reciever works too....thanks a lot!

Post Number: 2
I have no switches. I loose signal and quality after 5 minutes. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2291
Something is wrong with your receivers, but I have been reading about problems with BL bins. It may just be the bin. The problem is it could be a number of things from wire connections gone bad to just a bad bin. You'll need to trouble shoot each one.

Post Number: 8
bought 1 prepaid card.......using the same antenna....working perfectly!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2294
Good to hear. Let me know if there is anything I can help with! But I am glad everything is working okay.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 70
PRFRMNJ, on 61.5, I get H polarity TP signal and quality around 90%. However, no quality at all for V polarity TP. could you please advise if LNB is bad or dish is misaligned. what kind of troubshooting steps can i take to solve the issue before i climb on the roof. thanks.

Post Number: 3
PRFRMNJ,I have two dishes.

- I set LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 61.5 = 4).

I have Pansats, I did the Blind Scans individually.Once I completed all scans

I set
LNB TYPE = DishPro
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 61.5 = 4.

The remaining options were kept the same

Now the problem is when I use the switch and connect the two transponders to LNB1 and LNB4 and connect to the reciever, I don't get any signal or quality hence no channels but if I connect them directly to the reciever without the SWITCH, I get good level and quality and the channels.

Can please tell me what I am doing wrong here ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2301
imnyc - Are you getting all channels available on that bird after scanning? If you are then I wouldn't worry about it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2302
Why are you using a switch? I'm confused. You have a sat pointed at 119 and another pointed at 61.5. What type of LNB? Something just doesn't make sense. Post you entire setup or I can't help when you peace meal and leave things out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2303
The above post was for DumDude.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2128
Dumdude: It seems you have 4 to 1 DisEqC switch and I am presuming you are aware of and know how to set in software these connections. You also seem to find it easy to disconnect and connect from the swithces.
Try using the 2 and 3 inputs of the switch and make appropriate changes in software. Also try to put only one satellite through switch and see.
If not successful, you may have to change your DiseqC switch. Sometimes if your 119W LNB is a dishpro, you may have a problem and might have to change to a legacy LNB for that satellite. However, you should be able to get the 61.5W through the switch if the swtich is not deffective and you have made tha appropriate connection in software.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2307
You cannot use a DISEcQ switch if you are using DishPro Twin or Quad LNB's. The only way you will be able to make this work is to change LNB so Single Dual Output LNB's (Legacy) for all sats and then add DISEcQ. If you are using DishPro LNB's then you need to use a DishPro Switch such as a DP34. But you cannot use a DISEcQ Switch if using Twin or Quad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2135
PRFRMNJ: You had plenaty of time to help DumDude. You were asking why he is using a switch. He is using a switch because he has two dishes pointing at different satellites. Now just let him get his facts properly from me, because it is obvious you haven't got a clue as to what he is talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2313
Nalin - Who the hell asked for you two cents. You claim that I follow you and I start an information on a subject you have no clue about and come in here trying to help someone and you don't even have all the facts? Get a life and don't argue what you dont' know. Go crawl under your little rock.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2314
Fact is what he has is one dish - a Dish500 with DishPro Twin LNB and another with single LNB for 61.5. He CANNOT use a DISEcQ switch with that setup the only switch he can use is a DP34. So STFU or learn about the matter before opening your trap. And since you find it necessary to follow me around then it is on!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2137
PRFRMNJ : You jumped in to help New to FTA and it is a week and you could not do anything. Go and learn first.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2138
PRFRMNJ : Try and learn for a change. For $15 I have a legacy non-DN LNB for 119 and and another one on a 61.5 dish and the two are working together fine through a DisEqC switch.
So come down your high hat of DIsh pro- Dish pro- Dishpro and listen to the reason of a lot of installers in Toronto.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2317
Nalin - Nothing you posted will help anyone. Don't come here and pull a timer. You can post every 5 minutes and yet not have anything usefull. I guess waiting to have all the facts is better then you telling someone to move their dish to the right to find a sat that is to the left of where he was originally pointing. I'm sure had I not corrected you, he'd still be looking.

Go hijack you own thread! You have no knowledge of this subject so don't try posting on what you don't know...

By the way just in case you forgot!

Yegerson: I am presuming that your system was working prpoerly and you were getting 110/119.
All you have to do is go behind the dish and turnin right by exactly 22 degrees. Your original 110W will become the new 82W (Nimiq 2) and the original 119W will become the new 91W (Nimiq 1). You will then have to do vertical elevation adjustment using help from a friend watching the signal stregth and quality on the TV.
Remember, all this is based on the assumption that you were getting 110W and 119W before.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2139
PRFRMNJ: Have you got the message? For over a year, I have been running two simple LNBs through a simple DisEqC switch using simple LNBs and the system ALWAYS WORKS. The satellite I am scanning are 119W and 61.5W.
I asked the installers when they did the job, and I was told very firmly clearly that "throw away your dishpro LNB" and use this simple system if you want it to work continuously. These are professional installer who are doing about 10-12 installations a week.
So YOU learn that the person is NOT using a Dishpro receiver but a FTA receiver and needs the LNBs and the switches that work best and CONSISTENTLY with the receivers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2140
PRFRMNJ: READ MAN READ. The person was getting 119 separately and 61.5 separately. He was NOT lookig for your help with 110W. He said very clearly that he had two dishes and he had a swtich. You ver confused, because you are refusing to accept one of the most standard setups people have with FTA receivers. One dishe for 119 or 110W and one dish for 61.5W and 90% of the time they are watching the internationals.
Start readin the posts and you will understand the veiwing habits of a lot of people deprived of their favourite language channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2319
Go away! It is apparent you DON'T get the message. The name of this thread is DishPro & DishProPlus LNB's. You obviously have never tested them and you go by what others say. People come here and read on how to make what they have work and YOU are to dumb to realize that. GO AWAY!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2320

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher then the regular Dish Pro which creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination.

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

The biggest problem I've seen from people attempting to use Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus LNB's is performing scans. They end up with repeated channels! There is a technique to performing a perfect scan and is addressed in my follow-up post.

There is no substitute for testing and testing is where you will gain knowledge!

As I said before -- FOR THOSE WHO WILL QUOTE OR JUST REPEAT WHAT I SAY -- I rather you cut and past the information correctly and give credit where credit is due or at least quote the information correctly!

This thread is not open to discussion unless you bring testing knowledge to the table and not what you've read.

OH YES -- for the trouble makers around here, don't bother posting -- YOU WILL BE IGNORED...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2141
DumDude:
PRFRMNJ,I have two dishes.
- I set LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 61.5 = 4).

PRFRMNJ:
"Why are you using a switch? I'm confused. You have a sat pointed at 119 and another pointed at 61.5."

The guy has two dishes pointing to two different satellites, and the great helper PRFRMNJ is asking why he is using a switch!! PRFRMNJ, you are the one who is grossly confused. Anybody reading your reaction can see that.
You have to go back to grade 1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2321
Thank you Nalin, I'll get on it right away! Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2322

Similarities:

Differences:

Gold Member

Post Number: 2323
Additional information on these types of LNB's and setup can be found at the link below. Make sure you check out the "Sticky's".

http://www.ftabins.net/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Username: Ipodguy

Post Number: 4
PRFRMNJ,

Can you please suggest a good place to buy a power inserter for a dpp twin?

Also which one is good? Will the VideoPath work?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2368
That I would probably buy from EBay. You can't go wrong when it comes to power inserts. VideoPath? What are you trying to do with it?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8218
grade 1?....LMAO....she's back...like a bad dream..sorry, couldn't resist..

Post Number: 5
Honestly, first of all i dont even know what my switch is but with dpp twin, my best guess is that it's 44. i saw someone selling the videopath power inserter but not sure whether it will work with my setup or not or if there is anything better out there. here is one the expired items on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D110102571762

found one more:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Pico-Macom/satellite_power_inserter.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2369
Okay, normally DPP44 brings it's own power inster and yes it will work with DishProPlus LNBs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2370
LMAO LK!

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 43
hi i have big problem.i use dish pro antina i have doog sagnal on sat 110 bit 119 i last it the s signal is green but the quilty sagnal is just 25 to 30 % but its red that y its not work.i try to move my antina but its same.before its work good not too high sagnel its like 30 % but grren so channle word good but now its not work.i use view sat exterem.plz tell me y.thaks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2374
Nike - I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say! You have a dish a dish500 antena with DishPro Twin LNB?

What is your zip code so I can give you the correct settings of the antenna

Gold Member

Post Number: 2148
PRFRMNJ was helping Nike Usa a month ago - I see the Q&A in February 15 post in this thread. Is it not a long time not to have solved the problem or has there been a change in the hardware?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2375
Nalin - Are you asking me or Nike? I have no idea what he's trying to say. But for what I can make from his posted it sounds like he has an alignment problem. But that's just guessing because I really don't understand his post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us