Need help on dish 500 setup with 2 single dp lnbf for 110 and 119!

Silver Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 109
Hi Guys,
I just got myself a new ultra and I am using dish 500 with 2 dish pro dual LNB to diseqc switch. I have a question on the setup, when I scan in the channel on 110 and 119. I only get 112 channels on 110 and 154 channels on 119. What is the problem? Would it be my setting on the menu?
Here is my setting:

lnb power-on
lnb type-standard
lnb freq-11250
22khz-off
tp freq-12239
search option-all
diseqc 1.0- port 1
motor-off
legacy sw-none

lnb power-on
lnb type-standard
lnb freq-11250
22khz-off
tp freq-12224
search option-all
diseqc 1.0- port 2
motor-off
legacy sw-none
please help me with what I did wrong. Thanks!
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2520
Change you LNB Type in the antena menu to OSC-DP and rescan...

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 20
wtf? did thread get deleted? i thought i answered this ques alrdy lol

and i think on the ultra it doesnt say 'osc-dp' its going to say 'dishpro'---which is same thing btw

Gold Member

Post Number: 2526
Yeap! It is, but it depends on the SatInfo file you have loaded.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 878
Blind scan followed by Chan Sat Scan will get you more channels

do F2 then do F1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2528
King - Viewsats are set by default to update their network. If you go into the TP scan you'll see in the block of "Network" the option is "On". What this does is seek active TP's on a sat when using the "F1" option so you don't have to do the Blind Scan.

You can actually delete all TP's except one as long as the Network option is "ON" it will update your TP. "F2" when using a SatInfo file tends to repeat transponders and rescan then twice giving you duplicate channels. Of course, this is when using DishPro Equipment.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 881
I see, but I disagree

If skew is a little off some TPs may not lock or scan with F1
Also it can update or check for new TPs locations

VS has frequency presets presuming they don't change this is how it updates on the fly. Nothing beats blind scan if you want more channels.

But you got a good point if his auto TP is turned off he may not get all TPs I didn't think of that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2537
King - It's not the Auto TP that updates. If you go into Menu and then Installation and then Channel Scan, you are automatically put in the menu where you can scan a specific TP. In this area you will see a box that says "Network Search". If this option is off, when you use the "F1" it will not update or scan the sat for new TP's and only scan what is predefined. If it is "ON" then by using "F1" it will automatically do the same as Blind Scan.

The problem with "F2" blind scan itself is that if the "Network Searh" option is "ON" it will scan the same TP's twice.

Viewsats are funny like that and I haven't been able to figure out why. This is why I wrote a proceedure to do a perfect scan with Viewsats because everyone was complaining that after doing "Blind Scan" "F2" they were getting tons of duplicate channels. I started palying around with it and finally after about two weeks I figured it out.

Try it and you'll see. I don't want anyone to take my word for it. I want them to try and then come back and say. Yes, you're right or No, I found a better way. That's what testing is all about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2538
But I can tell you that I have plenty of feedback that says it works. I'd like to see some feedback on a better way to do it! LOL

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 884
Of course f1 should work but when some channels don't lock this is how to include them.

I agree blind scan can pick multiple beam streams causing doubles and triples coming from different angles.

Micky Lee can try it and let us both know

Also you call them network of TPs. I call them frequency presets for one reason if you notice their numerical frequency and polarity, they never change, they are programmed and stored preset information.

Great dialog PRF are you from New Jersey?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2540
King - Yeap! And you are right. It's always good to talk about things like this. This is how information is shared and learned. LOL!

Where are you from? I don't like in Jersey, but I was born there...

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 887
Small quite town border NYC the rest is classified
It is your name PR FRM NJ i.e. PR from New Jersey

I got some great stuff coming
I'm working on DTV phase II to get 61.5, 82, 91
Finding the focal point of the center beam

If this works you can get all 3 with one dish
See nice clean dialog like this can lead to simple discoveries or improvements. No Ego no bashing. Work like a team.

Glad I learned this satellite hobbey

Gold Member

Post Number: 2546
King - That is the maning of the nick. I use it everywhere and if you go to other boards you'll see what I'm about.

I agree, clean dialog goes a long way. If you look at most of my posts on this board, I don't bash anyone unless provoked. And even then I back off. Some people just get on my nerves.

The concept of this is to test and share what you learn from testing. Not everyone does that. I have yet to post anything I haven't tested. Trust me I've read lots of info, but unles I test and find out for sure, I don't take it as gosple...

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 22
Brooklyn New York FTW!
Edison New Jersey FTW!

*BUMP*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us