ViewSat 2000 Paltinum not working properly

Bronze Member
Username: Skypatel

Post Number: 44
I have Pansat 3500 and VS 2000. My Pansat is working fine and I am getting all channels. On my VS 2000, I only get half the channels on 61.5.
I have the same setup for both receiver. I have the latest bin files.

Below are the thing I tried but my VS is only get half the channel.

1. I switched the receivers. Pansat worked fine but VS still the same problem.

2. Replaced the switch...same problem.

3. Installed the original bin file, then installed the latest bin file...still same problem.

3. Connect VS direct to LNB, without any switch, still VS is getting half the channel. This is a direct connection between LNB and VS.

4. I tried to do blind scan, but everytime I do that I get failed message. My quality during the blind scan is 0% for some reason. Buy when I go to antenna setup I get 95% on level and quality on 61.5. I do get half channel so quality 0% doesnot make sense. I get only 2 channels on the list during the blind scan, but when I watch TV I get more than 50 channel....so that doesnot make sense. If I am able to watch 50+ channel, than that should come up on the lsit.

5. I did just satellite scan. I only het 1 channel on the list, but I am able to watch 50+ channel.

6. I took my receiver to my neighbours house. I got ALL the channel without doing any scans. THIS IS SO STARNGE.

Please help me figure out the problem.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Skypatel

Post Number: 45
Any suggesstions?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 894
Strange?
Say that again