Poor Mans Dish

Bronze Member
Username: Mrperfect2007

Sonicview 1000 82 91

Post Number: 18
Hi Guys im running 82 and 91 on a 18 dish with two lnbs. Im having an extra lnb in my garage and was wondering if I could make use of it and make my own poor mans dish to catch 110 or 119 or 148 or anything. Basically any extra channels will help. Can you guys suggest me how to do that and which is the closest satellite near to 82 and 91? Im intrested in getting some more hindi channels and thats the reason im trying to do this.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1560
Put your lnb on another 18" dish and aim at 61.5w echo 3 for more hindi channels.

Bronze Member

Sonicview 1000 82 91

Post Number: 19
Man i wished but my problem is I got the dish i even got the lnb but i cant find my mast. And without mast it is very hard to attach the dish to anything thats the reason Im trying to set up a poormans dish in order to get any other channels like 110 etc.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1563
Well most international channels are on echo 3.You can use three lnb's on a 18" dish but for dish net echo 5/7/8/10,but thats pushing it.Other sats are to far apart and don't have the foreign channels that your looking for.Get a mast or pipe in the ground and add your dish.Pipe in the ground as a mast is a poor mans dish.lol

Bronze Member

Sonicview 1000 82 91

Post Number: 20
ok if i forget all the foreign channels and only concentrate on 110 for english/us channels is it possible? Since im already having 82 and 91, 110 seems pretty close? Is there anyway I can point my poormans dish/lnb to receive the third satellite (110)?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8470
Never seen, nor heard of anyone using 3 LNB's on a small 18 inch round dish..don't think its possible..

BTW 2nd dishes with bracket/mast which attaches to side of house are VERY cheap..and so is a old straight metal pole in the ground..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8471
and never get the 110 which is 19 degrees away from the 91..

Bronze Member

Sonicview 1000 82 91

Post Number: 21
Well I was reading these forums and people were saying that they can make a poor mans dish and receive 91 with their 110 and 119 after attaching an extra lnb. So that was the reason I was thinking to attach an extra lnb to my 82/91 and receive 110. Anyways could you please give me some more information about this bracket mast? And how do you install a ground metal pole? never heard about this really sounds like a cool idea. I have an 18inch dish with lnb but dont have a mast so any help in getting any extra channels would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 351
mr perfect . what you can do is getting first 110/119 with 21' not 18' . and yes you can have 110/119/91. but not the upset way.

Bronze Member

Sonicview 1000 82 91

Post Number: 22
I got a 20inch dish which is used for 91 and 82 and im able to use it totally fine. I was thinking about attaching an extra lnb so I can receive 110 but seems like its not possible. I have another dish in my garage its 18 inch but its missing a mast thats the reason I cannot make use of it. Any ideas how to point my 18 inch dish to any satellite 110/119/148 without a mast?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8472
A true poormans dish is a 18 inch round DTV dish with a single LNB, which U tie or clamp another LNB aimed 9 degrees away to, for a total of 2 LNB's..U have misread here..also with a phase 3 DTV triple LNB dish, U can add another LNB also..U are confused with apples and oranges..also maybe u should get a dictionary and look up "mast"..just stick a pole in the ground and make sure its level!

Upload

Upload

Upload
18" Dish With Dual LNB $49 at www.globalwholesalers.biz

please read more carefully...

Username: Lkiives

Post Number: 6
clearly an imposter....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help