How can we connect to more than 4 receivers?

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 171
we are college students living off campus in a 3 story house...we have dish 110/119 on one dish and another dish for GC...currently our splitter allows for 4 receivers, but we wanna go up to 6 or 8 b/c other students wanna have DN in their room....are there any splitters for 8 outputs? i know there is a direcTV splitter with 8 outputs but someone told me it will not work for DN

any advice? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8457
go to www.sadoun.com and www.globalwholesalers.biz and look at their switches...U will find what U need there....switch type varies based upon what type receivers and LNB's (which U never mentioned)...FTA...Dishnet...DTV

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
thanks LK, u sure know your $hyt...thanks once again

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/switches.htm

this zinwell 6x8 switch is the only one that has 8 outputs, but it says that it works for direcTV...doesn't say anything about DN

so i was wondering if i would have any issues with it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8459
depends on your LNB's and receivers...go to radio shack or call Dishnetwork, if using Dishnetwork receivers ......but will most likely work..nobody has a crystal ball here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8460
if in college, and U guys can't figure this out, thats scary!

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
we're all using pansat 2500A's

Gold Member

Post Number: 8461
thats a FTA receiver...what about LNB type and how many satellites?...most likely the zinwell will be fine..

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
shyt i wish i knew..i have dish 110 dish 119 and 97.0W (globecast)...so 3 satellites

the LNB type i dont know off the top of my head...if u tell me what my options are, i can tell u b/c i always play with the settings and i see one option there for LNB TYPE

but ur saying you're leaning towards it should work...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8462
U do NOT have globecast..unless u subscribe

options in settings..Dish pro or standard..and U must have 'standard" cause U would have mentioned "dish pro" already..

yes it will work but U will need to change your receiver 22kz settings..and look at all 4 receiver settings now and write them down...and SAVE them someplace!..

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
i am subscribed :-)
still hoping the GC will have a fix, but for the time being I am subscribed

yes you are right, options say it's STANDARD

once again LK thanks for your time and patience...i will update this thread once the new switch is installed

Gold Member

Post Number: 8463
Remember to unplug ALL receivers when connecting new switch and cables...and keep switch "weatherproofed" in attic , basement or a tupperware container..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us