Viewsat and pansat companion problems

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1551
My pansat 2700a works fine,my vs ultra works fine.Both sets worked fine for a coulple of months,now I have a problem with the pansat losing signal on all sats ,as soon as the vs is turned on in the other room.The vs works fine reguardless of the pansat on/off.I checked all coax connections ,replaced switches again!and still the same problem.I replaced coax from lnbs to the switches also.I'm running duall standard and duall dp lnb's,with disecq and 22kz switches,all is good until the vs turned on then signal diappears on the pansat,never a vs problem though.whats causing this?Also connected new ground wires to switches,no difference.Also all left lnb terminals are to pansat and all right lnb terminals are connected to the viewsat.This problem occured from nowere on its own after months of working fine.What can cause this?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 835
If each one working fine on its own
It must be a setup
Some how you either enabled/disabled a switch setting

It is however a polarity switching problem due to voltage from VS or 22K tone signal

Gold Member

Post Number: 1552
nope i've reset the settings and rescanned,both recievers,It's driving me nuts,I thought a back feeding issuse so i grounded the switches,but didn't help.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 344
make sure you are runing the cable from the same side of the lnb to the same receiver.
use left side lnbs to one and the right side of the lnbs to the other.

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
sorry i did not pay attention about using left to pansat and right to viewsat . from my experience pansat has this problem of losing signals and not reliable . try to flash again and see what will happen . but the best is have an other dish only for pansat cuz you will for sure get crazy . i hate pansat i will say it the rest of my life.
satscanner using profanity is against my religion .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1553
Yeah,already did that and replaced the coax too,but thanks for trying to help cartier.I'm thinking like King,some kind of voltage or backfeeding issue,but only place the the sepperate systems combine is the power outlet,wich is fine and correct parity and gfi and surge protected.And at the lnb's,but since there duall's it should operate independatly ,reguardless of what lnb or polarity the vs is operating on .I mean I just completly rewired and installed all new switches,double checked and marked all new coax with proper connections and same problem as before.I factory reset and rescanned,both work fine until vs turned on then signal lose on pansat only.wtf?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8452
Does the Pansat have a much longer cable run from the switch than the Viewsat?...and have U tried flip flopping the receivers and see what happens?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1554
It can't be the lnb's,maybe one could go bad, but six at once?I also switched around the switches from pansat to vs ,with out any difference.So that leaves two possible faults,either the pansat software[bin] or defective pansat tuner?But again works fine without vs turned on.Anyone heard of this problem before?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1555
Both receivers have the switches with 4ft. of coax to the receivers.I'll try that tommorrow,flipping them around,thanks lk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1556
Oh, the Vs has a longer cable run to the dishes,about 50ft. longer, the pansat is closest.Go figure eh?....lol... but good thinking LK.Its late so I will tackle this again tommorow night.thankx

Gold Member

Post Number: 8455
Viewsat is SW switch friendly, the Pansat is not...also Pansat antenna/dish setiings must be correct...I believe one of these is the cause of your problems..either your cable/switches configuration or the Pansat settings

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, Northwestern... Canada

Post Number: 898
I am using a VS and pansat receiver, I have almost the same setup, but the way it works for me is using the LNB's power off in the VS setup, and using the same diseqc # en both receivers

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, Northwestern... Canada

Post Number: 899
BTW. I had to change 2 LNB's sometimes there is a bad LNB's and that happens on the pansat's side only

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 837
Scanner
6 LNBs a lot!!!
List to me all the hardware parts LNBs, switches, dishes Sats etc .
I will sketch to you a complete diagram to follow.

Also it doesn't mean if it was working before that it was setup correctly. You may try setup PS first followed by VS or vice versa with fewer SATs.
Also possibility just one internal SW of dual LNB went bad causing strugle of voltage switching thru out all other LNBs.
Start with a list and will take it one step at a time.
Whatever you do don't reflash.
Well get it fixed, Piece a cake!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8456
U may need an inexpensive inline amp for that Pansat..

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
do what juan says . turn off lnb power for viewsat .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1557
Ok,I changed the lnb's,no difference.The antenae settings are the same for both recievers and there are connected in the same the order.I switched the pansat and viewsat locations.I factory default and rescanned again,no difference.I used to run a inline amp on the pansat but removed it ,because it might have been causing the problems,again no difference.It's definatly a pansat issue,either it's the tuner or its the bin.Either way,pansat sucks! I could have bought another ultra for what I spent on switches ,cable,lnb's and had money left over for beer!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1558
And it doesn't matter even if the pansat is on bev,with a sepperate dish,as soon as vs is turned on ,even to dish,I lose signal on bev.I will try the lnb power off on vs,I can't think of anything else to try,other than another "new ultra/cooolsat 6000",scrapping the pansat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
Hey juan ,I turned off the lnb power and then there is no power to the lnb's, so no signal at all on the vs.How can that work for you? It can't even make the viewsat work without lnb power.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 860
First your cables and bins are fine, don't touch them

6 LNBs x (v) & (H) TPs = 12 different polarities
I don't see how yo can get all without 0/22kHz

V= 13/14v
H= 17/18v
2 different receivers even with 22Khz= 8 different combinations yo still short

There are few tricks you can do with view sat and duel LNBs get all 12 polarities. I'm guessing 61.5, 97, 82/91 110/119

Like I said above
List to me all the hardware parts LNBs, switches, dishes Sats etc .
I will sketch to you a complete diagram to follow.

Also try a simple test:
just do 82/91 on both receivers and see if they still got the companion issue.

I bet you one of the LNBs got a broken coil or zenor causing unregulated voltage

Gold Member

Post Number: 1568
Ok, sorry for the delay in reporting,here it it is short and sweet,

diseqc 1 sat:129w echo5/t7
22kz off

diseqc 2 sat 121 echo 9
22kz off diseqc off .[not using linear at this time,only during ecm/emm]

diseqc 3 sat 119 echo 7
22kz off

diseqc 4 110 echo 8/10
22kz off

diseqc 1 nimiqc 1/3
22kz on

diseqc 2 nimiqc 2
22kz on

diseqc 3 echo 3
22 kz on

both receivers are same antanae settings and both locations same wiring set up.

unit 1 is vs ultra and unit 2 is pansat 2700a

All lnb's are DP duall's and standard duall's

After starting from scatch,installing new lnb's ,new quad shield silicone coax cables,with "O" rings and silicone jell sealant on terminals,all new swicthes,I have located the problem!

It was a defective new out of the box vs diseq switch.The benefit to upgrading the coax cables and switches and re-aiming the dishes is a 30% increase in quality and a 10% increase in signal.
I now pin the signal meter in quality in most sats and tp's, AWESOME !

Thanks to all for your support,having so many swithes and connections and two recievers is a nightmare when a problem like this occours.

Best is to rebuild system from scratch .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1569
And I have a Garage full off gently used/abused sat stuff get get rid of.

Not kidding,years of collective testing from C band , to today's current equipment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1570
And remember,when ever there's a promblem,It's most probally caused by the pansat!...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1571
King , my linear is a round 33" with duall standand linear lnb.I can move it seperatly to most sats I choose,[the tree in the way problem excluded].My brother has pet beavers that can take care of those trees overnight. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8501
what doesn't make sense is that if the problem was a disque switch, then why didn't it affect the Viewsat receiver when U flip flopped it with the Pansat?...that makes NO sense!..and why didn't the Pansat work then too?...your explanation isn't making sense..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1577
Thats,what I thought too,but if you touched the dishes you could get a shock,tingling voltage leak,even after grounding the switches.I'm thinking a voltage leak from the switch,and maybe the vs has more power output?But they both worked independatly ,only when the vs powered up the problem occurred.All I can say after setting it up from scratch ,testing as it was being rebuilt it came to the new switch out of the box.My only fear is that for some reason I seem to go through a lot of switches,maybe the pansat has something failing inside the unit causing exess voltage output burning my switches.Other than that I have no other explaination for this.Your guess is a good as mine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8504
Viewsat is notorious for bad switches..

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 181
mornin LK

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 72
LK, can you please elaborate on VS notoriety for bad switches. I am not familiar with the issue. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Reza6652

Post Number: 33
i have a VS ultra and i also have gone thru 3 switches in the last 3-4 months since i got the Ultra.

and it switches fine now but the quality isnt alsways very high. i might also have to change the cables, but the Ultra just eats a lotta switches for me

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 874
Hi Scanner
sorry I'm so busy at work this week

First try a simple test like:
110/119 just like you got above
along with 82/91 with same settings above. Without all other sats.
You may also do PS before Vs or vice versa as process of elimination

Whatever it is nothing but voltage conflict or pulse conflict. It can damage your equipement

Gold Member

Post Number: 1578
King it's ok now, I got it fixed.But I just thought of something,Wev'e had a few big thunder and lighting storms here last few days,some I have seen the lightning bolt strike the ground and all power go off right when it hits,My dishes aren't grounded,maybe thats the cause of my problem this time ?Lightning !!! ?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 876
No it is not
Grounding is for static electricity found in the air. And can prevent damage to house equipement in case of lightning getting picked by the metal antenna. It is a good precaution but that is not why you having this issue.

Like I said the simple test can be a start to know what is really wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1579
Before there was hack for bev,only dishnet worked,so I used a dp34 switch on echo 3,8/6,7.My lnb's are/were dp duall's.I never had any switching issues,Still have that switch in a box .Then after bev fix was out I upgraded to more sats and used diseqc with 22kz switches.The 22kz work well with little or no failure.Diseqc is cheap troulblesome and low quality ,every diseqc gives a different signal % strengh and are prone to crapping out at will,there inexpensive and no quality control on them.I have had many bad ones right out of the box,and all have different switching carracteristics and performance.We need better quality more expensive 4/1 diseqc switches,that last.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 879
Glad you got it solved

What are you getting out of 129W anyway?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
61 channels of "W" channels and some dn engenering and test channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1582
Oh,only 5 tp's live now,there used to be a lot more,but they moved to other sats.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 883
Do you actually watch any of the 61 W channels?
I only watch sports, I feel like I got ripped off buying an FTA receiver that I don't watch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1583
Nope,Think I watched a few during last summer's ecm wile they were last to go down..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1584
never watch any echo 3 either,some nimiqc 2,most miqc 1/3 and echo8/10,7

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
satscanner why u askd what version of msn to be hacked but you never gave the answer

Gold Member

Post Number: 1585
Because you turned back to being a as*hole,insulting everyone,so no help from me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
i never knew how empty fuckerrrr you are . i insult who ever insult me and i respect the ones who respect me .you are just asssssssss kisser no dignity no fuckkkkking respect for you ever as long as im in life . by the way you know nothing and you are fuckkkkking poor miserable squirel living in fuckiiiing dirt. fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu faggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 886
Is this considered to be language abuse?
Where are you cartier when i needed help last week?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8514
Chietah and Spaun make very good disque switches, but are costly...

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 888
SW-44
designed for modern receivers 2 sats 4 receivers
Four different polarity combinations
14V, 18v, 22K, 0k
If set-up right no polarity problems for up to 4 receivers

What do you think LK?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums