ViewSat-Restore Default Factory

Username: Kareena

Post Number: 1
I have a huge problem with my satellite
My ViewSat Xtreme was workin fine.I went to menu and then hit the factory default button by mistake
Now my satellite wont turn on, it says 'on' on the box but no channel is showing or anything. It isnt turning on and i cant even go to menu meaning it is totally dead. I heard somewhere that Im supposed to download new factory bins but i dont know how to do that.

Can someone please help me out?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2214
You will have to rescan the satellite(s) you were scanning before.

Bronze Member
Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 22
rescan go to menu and then to installation then to antenna setup and scan your channels press f1 to scan make sure u scan the right sat #1 should be 119 and #2 should be 110 do one by one . if this don't help u can look around it's posted some where in these forums

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8428
nalin is a rat..BEWARE of her!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8429
nalin...U ARE an idiot...how can the guy do a scan if he doesn't even have a MENU...U know NOTHING about FTA!

Post Number: 2
i cant see anythin.. it wont turn on
the screens jus black

btw im a gurl =p

Post Number: 3
i cant find it anywhere mike..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8432
kareena...go to www.totalfta.com and do some reading there..they specialize in Viewsat receivers!...good luck..

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 812
Kareena
When you turn it on from the back you still have to turn on again from remote control.

Try that then go to the menu to set antenna for a new setup.

Post Number: 4
kk thanks LK

actually i found out...
my uncls a computer guy..
and i asked him and he told me ur suppose to buy a serial cable then download some file which hes going to send me soon

Thanks anyways you guys :D

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2242
Kareena: Better check with your uncle, whether you need a serial cable or a null modem cable. My info on Viewsat Extreme is that it needs a Null modem cable DB 9 F/F.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2505
Kareena - I'm not sure if you understood what Mike was saying, but if you did a Factory Reset, before scanning for channels you need to configure you antenas in the Installation Menu.

Your configuration will depend on what type of LNB's you are using and who installed them. What I mean by this is your DISEcQ Software setup in the antena installation.

If you were watching channels before you did the factory reset, you do not need to reload software, but you do need reconfigure antenas and rescan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8450
I believe kareena knows NOTHING about FTA and won't have a clue whats being said..especially if she just "learned" that U use a cable to upload bins into the receiver..she's a newbie and just need to read...and probably had someone set up her VS for her

Post Number: 5
i cant go in the installation menu cause the staelitte isnt working.. if theres another way canu guys explain it to me

i wasnt i had laready like wrecked the channels .. it said no tv channels in that lil blue box on the screen

i don't/ i have no clue
i did.. okay ill start reading stuff then
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 23
it could be u have the night rider u need to put the last factory bin then the last bin scan your sat and do a receive guide. make sure your auto tp are on but u need the null cable . this is the last help i can give u . u need to read we all read when we started learning. it just take time be very careful what bin u put in . good luck

Post Number: 6
kk thanks mike :D

Post Number: 7
okay i have bought the null cable
thanks everyone who tried to help

Im going to go read now
hopefully i can fix it

Post Number: 8
where can i find the bins 119 and 110 mike

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 846
Try www-binmart-com or www.dsstester-com

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2508
For viewsats get your pgm (Bins) from
www.totalfta.com
www.dsscommunity*.com
www.ftabins.net

Gold Member

Post Number: 8466
LK
Gold Member

Post Number: 8432
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 07:25 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kareena...go to www.totalfta.com and do some reading there..they specialize in Viewsat receivers!...good luck..

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 63
Kareena, I had same problem with my vs ultra,
Just get on the thread for viewsat ultra dead in this site and you will find out what I did to reslove the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Kanthan

Post Number: 23
hi kareena! i had the same problem like u, i accidently did a factory reset, everything went blank, nothing came up when i turned it on except for "on".

this is what i did to fix it.

first i loaded up the receiver with an original factory bin, after that i got the receiver back to life.

after all that is done, i loaded the latest program file and i was good to go. Then i was able to go to the menu and do the rest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us