Can I get 148 and 119 on same dish?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrperfect2007

Post Number: 13
Hi guys im currently on BEV 91 and 82. Im intrested in buying a 20 inch dish with two LNB so I can get 148. Im wondering if I can also catch 119 with the same dish? Since I will be having two LNB and one will be used by 148, is it possible to catch any other satellite like 119 or 110 on the same dish?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2206
You can't catch 148 and 119 with the same dish. These numbers represent angles. The difference is too much for one dis to cope. The 91/82 combination (BEV) and 119/110 combination (DN) is unique that the two big provders have given you the means of catching two satellites at once and have given you access to special twin and dual LNBs to catch them with.
There are problems with using DN LNBs and switches with FTAs and you should get sound professional advice before using FTA receivers with DN equipment and switches.
A SuperDISH will pick up 110/119 and EITHER 105 or 121 depending on which model it is. It WILL NOT under any circumstances pick up 110/119 and 148

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
So is there any other satellite I can pick with 148? Something closer to 148 because I will be having an extra LNB and would really want to make use of it. Would be using something called Dish 500 it has skew azimuth and elevation. Receiver will be sonicview 1000

Bronze Member

B.C. Canada

Post Number: 15
Ok im actually intrested in getting some South Asian hindi channels. Would it be possible to receive 119 and 121 on same dish? Since I will be having dual lnb on my dish?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2210
If you get a superdish you can get 119/110/121 together.
You might want to opt for a seperate Dish for 148W on its own and the 119/110 on 1 20" dish with standard LNBs
There is also AMC16 at 118.8 which can be covered by a special circular LNB which takes in both Echo 7 and AMC 16. The Indian channels on 118.8 are not the same as on 148(61.5) or 121. I beleive there is an LNB made by DN which takes in 119 and 118.8 and also 110.
There are many choices if you have DN receiver. If you are using FTAs, take proper advice from an installer in your area who knows.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8423
the 121 is a linear LNB...82-91-110-119 are circular LNB's..don't expect to get a 3rd satellite with a dish 500...U would either need a superdish (110-119-121 0r 105-1110-119) or a 30 inch dish for 3 sats...or another dish for the 3rd LNB..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2211
LK: You have not added anything to what I have told Mr. Perfect. Do you always have to post? O have already told him this "If you get a superdish you can get 119/110/121 together". For God's sake, read before you post.

Mr. Perfect: If you are using FTAs, take proper advice from an installer in your area who knows.

Bronze Member

B.C. Canada

Post Number: 16
Hi Nalin and everyone else. Thanks for the post my problem is I really dont have a professional help since here people all have things under their sleeve but nobody wants to even talk about it. Anyway if I forget all other satellites and only concentrate on 121 do you know which dish would I require and do I need to have a compass and other stuff? Would it be fairly easy to install 121 alone, compared to 110 119 or 91 and 82?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 801

Hey Mr. Perfect
You have heard from the rest, now check out the best. Forget about all these Dishes, LNBs and Alignments, just for 4 or 5 Satellites.
You only need a 36" Motorized Dish with a LNB Invacom QPH-031 and little bid of patience,and you will scan in the world.

Bronze Member

B.C. Canada

Post Number: 17
Man I dont want to go with that hitec dishes since I dont want to look odd from the rest of the world. The more odd you appear the more suspicious. Just like all my neighbours I want to have a dish which will receive indian channels. I already got 82 and 91 and thinking to buy a dish which would get me indian channels which are diff then 82 and 91.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2212
If you only want to add Indian channels, just add a separate dish with 148W on it.
Motorised dishes as suggested by Kevin are great, except that when you change channells there is a time lag as the dish moves.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8425
nalin...fukkc U bich!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8426
nalin...fukkc U bich!..U failed to mention using another additional dish until I posted it!...and U failed to mention to him that the 105 and 121 are linear, NOT circular LNB's..

so blow and get off my azz...U don't have EXCLUSIVE rights here to posting...I can give U shi*t everyday if U want!...so STFU or I will haunt U here daily! ...your credibility here already sucks, like U!

Silver Member

Post Number: 804

Hey LK
You don't like Nalin ,do you?
Lel me ask you a question.You have being here long enough to know what goes down.Who do you think was using Thunder when the BS was down?
Your honest answer,don't worry about the S of a B
he is only a pusssy.
BTW I am getting tried of this Rum & Coke,what would you suggest? Being in the service for 30 years & was married to a Greek women I know that you have tried them all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 805

Hey LK
You don't like Nalin ,do you?
Lel me ask you a question.You have being here long enough to know what goes down.Who do you think was using Thunder when the BS was down?
Your honest answer,don't worry about the S of a B
he is only a pusssy.
BTW I am getting tried of this Rum & Coke,what would you suggest? Being in the service for 30 years & was married to a Greek women I know that you have tried them all.

Bronze Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 63
minn rock = thunder

Gold Member

Post Number: 8431
yes...Minh rock admitted in another Ecoustics forums here to Jennifer, that he was using thunder as an alias

can't help U with your drink of choice..Scotch drinkers swear they never have a hangover, but I dunno, I hate whiskey, scotch etc...I'm a beer, Tequila, Vodka, Ouzo, Matakza, Jamieson, Gin and tonic guy...but I quit drinking and smoking last New Years..try a Long Island Ice tea, they're always good! ...enjoy yourself...just don't drink and drive..

Silver Member

Post Number: 806

Hey LK
My uncle told me that if you quit drinking
late in life when you have been drinking most of you life you will die. My uncle been drinking most of his life he is now 82 years old still works and drinks nite & day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8434
well I'm not "late in life" so I wouldn't know, and I never heard that saying...LOL...moderation is the key, but eating when drinking is the real key to a healthier life and liver ..coats the enzymes in your stomach and saves the liver and slows the absorbtion..women get screwed on this, they don't produce these enzymes...they get cocked quicker and destroy their liver sooner...I love my beer, but decided to give it a rest for awhile..for how long , I dunno...I made it thru St Paddy's day, which is my biggie every year and increased my daily physical workouts...the cigarettes were easy to quit and go cold turkey and don't miss them at all...but I'm sure I will have a few brews eventually again..enjoy yourself, just eat and don't drive..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2216
LK is totally drunk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8437
nalin is a cheap street corner hooker!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2221
LK: This kind of post will only get you into trouble.
Go and take you pills

Gold Member

Post Number: 8447
Nalins running a special, this week...buy 1 get 1 free, so bring your buddy ... and don't look at her, get good and drunk and bring a flag... LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 2235
LK: Go and take your pills
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us