In need of help with DVD recorder

Username: Crash_often

Barrie, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have just bought an LG LRA-760 DVD recorder i am taking all my old VHS and transfering them to DVD to make space the movie that are not copy protected seem to be very easy it is the VHS that are copy protected that seem to be giving me a problem. I took advise from off this site and got myself a Digital Video Stabilizer. This device seemed to work in getting past the copy protection however the picture is now vibrating. I was advised to just add a second stabilizer to correct the vibration. THIS DID NOT WORK. I was wondering is it the quality of the stabilizer? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 799
Start by listing which stablizers you got
Most likely quality of stablizer you got like you suspected but hard to tell

Barrie, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
thats what i thought as the brand name isn't listed on the box it just came in a blue box with white writing that said " Digital Video Stagilizer" what brands are good and where can i buy one......keep in mind I live in canada ontario but a drive Toronto isn't a big deal if need be

Thank You
Pamela

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 804
Well
I'm still confused
"This device seemed to work in getting past the copy protection however the picture is now vibrating"

Does this mean it was working and now not?
In any case start with something basic
try different wires, different DVD player, different DVD media or VHS tape. Even if there is no encryption on media just check if can playback on TV thru stablizer

Also try different channels like 2,3,4 on TV
Or channel selector on back of stablizer
It is not that hard

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3379
Sounds more like the recorder than the stabilizer. The recorder probably has a poor TBC, if it has one at all. If you can get a Toshiba D-R4 somewhere, that should solve the problem.

Barrie, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
not sure what TBC means. is this toshiba D-r4 a type of dvd recorder because if so i have already purchased my dvd recorder and just in need of some help with high quality purchase of a digital video stabalizer. need sites that i can purchase online and that send to canada.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3381
If the recorder is letting you record, the stabilizer is working. TBC is time base corrector, it fixes flaws in analog sources like jitter. You already said you've used 2 stabilizers and it still didn't work. It sounds like the recorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us