Pansat Thread

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 138
instead of having so many different thread for info on pansat we should just have one thread were question and help can be provided.makes it easier

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 139
I am trying to put the time of day into my Pansat 2500a but time will not move. GMT is ok. No EPG. I am running bin 290 .Compared to my new Magnum this Pansat is primative.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1519
Why set the time anyway? It's not going to help your epg get any better,having no epg is better than a corrupt one.But in your time setting,enter -400hrs -500hrs est. -600hrs pt. to set your time zone,depending on your time zone.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 140
OK Thanks.

Username: Jerkisland

Post Number: 5
Guys help needed.
I have Pansat 3500SD.I have two dishes, one pointing east and another one west.
When I connect directly from the Dish1 to receiever I get all the channels from 119 and 110. When I connect directly from Dish2 I get all the channels from 61.5.
Problem: In order to get all the channels from Dish1 and Dish2 together,I connected through a switch in the following way, I connect the dish1 output to LNB1 on the switch and output of dish2 to LNB 2 on the switch and output of the switch to the receiver. Changed the DISEQ to 1 in antenna settings for 119 and 110 and changed the DISEQ to 2 for 61.5.
Now I get the channels for 119 and 61.5 but not for 110. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks in Advance

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2459
DumDude - I sent you a PM and I've asked you to post full information, but you still haven't and anything I tell you would be a guess. In a different thread I tried helping you but you never answered my questions and next thing you now someone else jumps in and I figured they were helping you.

Again I will ask:

What type of LNB's are you running on each dish?
What type of Switches if any?

I'm asking this because you first said you only got 110 off dish 1 and now you say you get 110 & 119. So please clarify so we can help..

Post Number: 6
Hello Prfrmnj,
I am newbie so please pardon my ignorance.
What type of LNB's are you running on each dish?
what this exactly mean ?
What I know I will try to explain
Dish1 has two LNBs and they are dish pro's while Dish2 has one LNB and is also dish pro.
I got the switch when I ordered the Pansat 3500D, here is the link to the receiver and switch I got.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PANSAT-3500SD-3500S-3500-FTA-100-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ180098498 760QQcategoryZ32845QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8363
Some serious reading is needed...suggest u go to the Pansat site...www.future-fta.info/forums

Nobody can help U if U don't even know what an LNB is or what it does...U need to know the basics and some satellite language/terminology which U can only learn by READING..

Username: Pham87

Post Number: 1
i have a pansat 2500. Today i was watching a movie then all of a sudden the signal was lost!!! Now i can't find any signal. please help!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2463
DumDude - As LK well stated! You need to do some reading. I will however, tell you that you CANNOT use a DISEcQ switch with your setup. What you NEED is a DishPro 34 switch. This information has been posted in the thread you already read. Go back and read the post that explains these LNB's and the requirements needed to make them work.

But I repeat - YOU CANNOT USE A DISEcQ SWITCH. Either change the switch or change the LNB's on Dish1 to Single (dual outputs) DishPro LNB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2464
Nancy - Need more information then what you provide.

Need to know:
What Bin?
What type dish?
What LNB?
Location?
Antena Configuration?
Have you checked your connections? etc.

This is the only way we can help. Otherwise all we can do is guess. And that gets old...

Username: Jryevols

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 1
PanSat 3500 sd customer needs assistance...please

I have set up my system and have laded channels from the 110/119. I manually loaded keys but all I get is a couple of free channels. On my dish I have two LNB'S that have two leads coming from each. I have them loaded in the 4-1 switch that came with the PanSat. Is there suppose to be two leads coming from the LNB'S and am I suppose to run all four into the switch?

When I load keys that I get from a service all I get is a black screen and then it goes to the screen that says wait for tv , but nothing ever happens.

My installation is as : LNB -- STANDARD
DISQ 2
TP - 2
There must be something that I am doing wrong. I cannot load the system by cable and computer because I cannot get the bin file to move to the loader. I have have downloaded zipfiles , but do not know how to operate or get it to move the bin file to the loader.

On my manual load screen everything seems correct , the dishnet is up in the corner and under it is the number 01-01

Please help me as I know that I must be missing something as to why it doesn't work.
Please provide me with the correct files so I will at least know I am loading the right files.

I would appreciate all that you can do for me.

Jim

Post Number: 7
Hello PRFRMNJ,
I will try the DishPro 34 switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 8369
Jim...without uploading the latest bins or any bins, other than a boot fie or factory bin, U will never get anything but the free "in the clear" unencrypted channels.....

U need to correct the "communication" problem between the computer and receiver...either learn to use the SD card, or U have wrong or defective cable or comport, and probablybgetting an error mesage like "flash failed"..I suggest U use the unofficial Pansat site www.future-fta.info/forums ...there are hundreds of "how to's, manuals, guides, instructions, etc there and thousands of pansat owners to help U..

BTW...If NOT "Dish Pro" (DP) twin LNB, then U run 1 cable from each lnb to the disque switch 119-port 1, 110-port #2 and 1 cable FROM your switch to your 1 receiver, and then "tell" your receiver in its antenna settings thats what U did..

Post Number: 8
Hello PRFRMNJ,

I read about LNBs and I think I can better explain now,
There are 2 LNBs on one dish and has three outputs,
Line1
Line2
and has LNB in.
Currently I have connected cables from Line1 and Line2 and to the Switch (DishPro 34). The ports on the switch says 18V and 13v and there are two more ports, again saying 18v and 13v but these says they are 22KHz. I connected Line1 to 18V and Line2 to 13V (not 22KHz)and from output1 port on the switch connected to the receiver.
The problem still persists, I get all the channels from 119 and very few i.e. 1 or 2 channels from 110.
What is your advice ? please let me know what has to be done

Gold Member

Post Number: 2491
DumDude - What you have is a DishProPlus LNB which two outputs and one input. You have a second dish and that LNB should be connected to your Dish 1 LNB in the Input. No need to use a switch if you are running the above setup. Each line of your DishProPlus Twin will carry the signal for all three satelites provided they are properly aligned. All you have to do is run a line directly into your receiver from the DishProPlus LNB.

In the antena setup menu you need to set them as follows:

LNB Type - DishPro
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2
61.5 = 3

Everything else stayes the same. This will solve your problem. Your Pansat 3500SD will provide enough power to run this setup so an outside power source is not needed.

Post Number: 9
Hello PRFRMNJ, Thanks for the quick response. This is exactly what I had before and was losing signal after 4 to 5 minutes. But when I reverted to the setup I explained in the previous posting, the signal was pretty good and I haven't lost signal since then.
Going by your previous repsonse looks like I need a outside power source, what you think ? Please let me know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2492
Do you have a DN receiver somewhere? This is why I asked people to read my post on these LNB's! The only LNB that has a problem with power source is the DishProPlus. Put that I stated in this post.

Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher then the regular Dish Pro which creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- DISEqC Software requirements are different for both LNBs.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners.

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

UNLIKE MOST WHO REPEAT WHAT I SAY AND THEN DO SO INCORRECTLY

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

Notice the area in RED. Very clearly stated!

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the detailed description.I will try to understand my setup more thoroughly.

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 7
everyone has been very helpful and I appreciate it very much. I have a few questions if someone would be so kind as to assist me.
A. I have the large optical dish with two single legcey LNBs attached to the plastic 119/110 yoke. I moved the dish to get echo 7 and assume that I have it , and locked the dish into place. I have a switch with four LNB inlets and one outlet for the receiver. I placed the echo 7 , 119 in port lnb 1 and the other cable for 110 in post 2. I have readings of 92 and 78 for 119 and downloaded the channels. When I go to echo 8.10 and load in disq 2 the readings are 0 on quality and 74 on upper reading , but i will not load any channels. I tried to move the dish , but get nothing. The LNB must be working , because when I load in port or switch 1 it shows the same reading as echo 7. Can you tell me what I need to do to get both sats?
B. Is there anyway to get a channel guide other that gives times etc....... like what it is your watching

Gold Member

Post Number: 8439
A...align the dish better, input correct 110 settings in receiver, scan the 110 bird

B...choose Echostar package in menu and let EPG populate..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2226
sat-man : You are probably 9 degree off. The LNB you think is scanning 110 is actually facing 91W and the LNB that is meant to scan 110 is scanning 119W.
Swinging the dish 9 degree further west is worth trying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8444
VERY unlikely he is receiving 91W and 119W...almost 30 degrees apart!...especially with what sounds like a elliptical dish 500 (20 x 24) with the 110-119 yoke!...nalin, U 're wrong again, I'm sure!...he just needs to tweak/realign the dish cause he's only getting the 119 (run cables directly to receiver, NOT switch) then SCAN both birds...and needs to input the 110 settings

Post Number: 8
still confused..... My settings for my area for 110/119 indicated as follows:
110 - 205 - 202a
119 - 217-214a
The yoke that the two LNBs are in have the LNB facing the sky to the left and 110 on the right. This would place the satellites about 12 degrees apart. the yoke is actuall reversed isn't it? If the dish is set for 119 at 214-217 then the other satelitte 110 should be to the left of 119. I can't see how I would ever be able to get both satellites if the yoke is backwards nad the satelittes are in reverse.The up and down is different as well as for 119 it is at 41 and suppose to be at 44 for 110. I am like so lost , can anyone help me.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2236
Nalin Nyda: I was slightly wrong in my earlier post. You are currently lined up at 101W and 110W - i.e.9 degrees off. Move 9 degrees West and you will be OK.
It is worth trying. Stop calculating and just do it. If it does not work, there is no harm done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2504
Sat-Man: Are you running a Dish500? If so, give me your zip code and I'll give you the correct Azimuth, Elevation & Skew Angles.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8449
This is history!...the bich had no choice but to finally admit she was wrong!...(but only "slightly")..LMAO

PRFRMNJ...save this one for your "greatest hits"...LMAO

Post Number: 9
PRFRMNJ

ZIP CODE IS 72712. PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THE CORRECT Azimuth, Elevation & Skew AnglesTO OBTAIN 110 AND 119. REMEMBER ON THE YOKE THE 119 IS ON THE LEFT AND 110 ON THE RIGHT OF EACH OTHER

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Post Number: 10
I READ THE ABOVE COMMENT THAT I SHOULD NOT USE THE CONNECTOR SWITCH THAT COMES WITH THE PANSAT 3500SD. I AM RUNNING ONE DISH WITH TWO LNB'S TO ONE RECEIVER. AM I OK WITH THE FOUR PORT SWITCH THAT COME WITH THE UNIT?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8454
yes use the external 4 port disque switch...U do NOT have a Dish Pro Twin LNB, which has a built in interior disque switch..

from the rear of the dish looking at the LNB's, the 119 should be to the left of the 110..9 degrees apart..plug the 119 into port #1 and 110 into #2 of the switch..then tell your receiver settings the same thing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I posted last night but it must not have shown up. I truly need someone's assistance. I am still not able to get both 110 and 119 at the same time and don't understand why. I now have the dish pointed at 110 and get the channels great. The elevation is set at 44. If I move the dish either way , I get nothing , espically not both at one time. I am using the yoke attached to an optical dish , but nothing. My zip code is 72712. Can someone give me the proper settings to get both satellites?

Thanks

Jim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us