Viewsat ultra dead

Username: Soormaaz

Post Number: 10
I have viewsat ultra which i bought it like 2 weeks ago.It was working fine with bin.But today when I was waching indian channel, it says searching signal.I thought i should try switching it off then on.I did it but it didn't turn on.There is nothing on LED or on tv.But light behind reciever which says s/pdif it turns on red.i tried putting factory bin.But it just says ..resending.......and progress remain 0%.Can any one help me please.Thanx in advance

Username: Flashj24b2xonlinecom

Post Number: 1
PUNJABI, MY SYS WENT DOWN AT 230 PM STILL OUT NOT A NUMBERCHANGE PROBLEM I THINK THEY KILLED THE FTA RECIEVERS SOME HOW DON'T PANIC I'M SURE SOMEONE IS WORKING ON IT.............OK HAVE FAITH FLASH}}

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8338
How can there be NOTHING on LED or TV, but your receiver says "RESENDING" and 0%"?

I bet it says resending Zquinit, which means U haven't read anything or the manual, which will tell U that's a "communication" problem beween the receiver and your computer usually due to a defective or use of the wrong cable or comport..

Flash..did U check your keys?...Bev changed them ..Nobody killed any receivers unless it was U..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8339
U Viewsat owners need to start reading at www.totalfta.com which is the unofficial BEST Dss satellite forums for Viewsats..every problem in the world regarding Viewsats has been asked and answered there..and every file ever needed is posted there along with the newbie manuals..

Bronze Member
Username: Soormaaz

Post Number: 11
Yes Lk, it says resending zquinit.but nothing progress.I am using null cable to download file

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 60
Hi everyone;
If someone with dead ultra problem has been solved.
Please post it with the results..

I have a vs ultra, It was working perfect. One day I power it off and when I came back few hours later I turned it on and nothing happened. It only displays "on" in the front panel, but it wont respond to anything. I tried reboot it and disconnect and wait for so long but nothing seems to help...

Any help will be apreciated..
Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 41
try uploading the factory bin through RS232 cable and if it works then upload the latest bin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I tried that and won't take it.
it shows "re-sending", but nothing happens.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 954
Are you sure you don't have a clone? You can go to Total to compare the images of clones and genuine units there.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 955
As LK posted earlier in this thread, go to Total-fta.c0m and read. There's tons of info on what you're going through. Almost all of the problems are occurring on clones, not originals.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2218
"Almost all of the problems are occurring on clones, not originals." That may or may not be true. If you read the relevant thread at CCC, you will find that most of the posters there are blaming VS. I do not agree with them, nor do I think that VS is blameless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8438
Who cares what U think...U've never even SEEN a Viewsat!...and no need to comment on Hawaiian's post!...your post made no sense like U...yeah it may or may NOT rain today too!...

U are a cheap street corner hooker...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2222
I admit I have not seen a viewsat for the past 5 days, since I last went and fixed a problem for a close relative, and I also admit that I have directly helped in person only 5 Viewsat owners.
Obviously LK is claiming more expereince with Viewsat.
LK is also claiming more experience with street hoookers. I do not have that experience, so i decline to comment.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 957
I am only suggesting that there's a very good chance that the people having problems have clones. In which case there are actions that they can take to try and get a refund or a genuine unit depending on where they got it from and/or how payment was made.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 826
I'm just wondering
When they buy clone does it come with its own factory box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I finally got it back to life. I load factory bin and re-load latest bin after. now it is working like it was before. It's a little tricky the way it suppost to load bin. What I did is open Loader2 and browse the bin and click on pc-stb, and then there is when you power up the reciever otherwise it won't take the bin.

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 958
Neegha, the users guide should have come with the Loader2. It tells you to do it that way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2248
Panjabi: Get a USB stick and download the files from
http://www.totalfta.com
The first install the factory BIN and then latest (Main only).
if it does not work reinstall the Boot and the factory and then reinstall the latest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us