Second receiver in bedroom . Splitting signal

Bronze Member
Username: Book77

Post Number: 45
Can I split the signal after the switch and then to each receiver . Or do i need two get a dual LNB

thanks Jeff

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8327
Dual LNB for 2 receivers and 1 satellite signal...if more than 1 satellite then made need disque switc/switches or DP or DPP switch/switches BEFORE the receivers, between the Dish LNB's and receivers....it all depends on how many satellites, dishes, LNB's, receivers and what type LNB's U have on your dish/dishes..

"splitters" are NOT used for FTA, except to split a signal AFTER a receiver to 2 or more televisions, and each TV will have the same channels on all the time because they are fed from the 1 receiver..

U really need to explain what U want to accomplish and exactly what hardware U have..even receiver types may affect your capabilities..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I have one dish with two lnb's 1 pointed at 110 and 119 and then going into a switch with imputs for 4 LNB's . only two being utilized .
Is there a switch with two outs after the LNB's

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 134
You did not say what kind of dish you have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Is an eliptical dish .

Gold Member

Post Number: 8332
U're still not providing the info needed to help U...what type LNB's...what receivers etc..without that info , its impossible to help any more that whats been posted already....U should go read the setup manuals for your receiver and the newbie guides wherever U get your files from..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Lets start saying that i am receiving 119 and 110 with OK signal and quality.. using a Captive Works 600S . I have a switch capable of taking 4 lnb's . 2 of them are being utilized.
I want to add a second receiver so i can receive all the channels in my bedroom.
Whats the best way to set up

Gold Member

Post Number: 8337
Lets say..If U have a Dish Pro (DP) Twin LNB, all U need to do is run 1 cable from each output of this LNB DIRECTLY to each receiver with NO switches...your dish must be aligned correctly and your receiver antenna/dish settings configured properly and scans of each satellite completed properly..

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 764
Jim what you are trying to do is similar to this:
Instead of (2)SW-21 use (2)DISEqC switches.
Upload
- Instead of 2 Dishes in your case 2 LNBs
- Each outlet from single LNB goes to 2 different switches
- use port-1 for 119, port-2 for 110
- Maintain same DISEqC/antenna setup to both receivers
- If you decide to add another Sat later just simply add on to input 3 and 4 on DISEqC

Ask more questions if need more help
Good luck with your installations
Check my other posts on:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 8342
single LNB's have ONLY 1 output and receives 1 sat signal ONLY and CANNOT be used for 2 receivers...

dual LNB's have 2 outputs (for 2 receivers) and receive 1 satellite signal..

Twin LNB's have 2 outputs (for 2 receivers) and receive 2 sat signals...also has internal switch that combines these 2 sat signals into 1 cable from each output of this LNB..

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 766
Sorry Boss
I think I got it right now
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8344
Looks good...its a simple thing...just wanted to clarify "single" versus "dual" and "twin" LNB's...those words get used erroneoulsly often and that can creat simple communication problem amongst peeps..

Nice diagram of 2 DUAL LNB's and 2 disque switches in use..now if the receiver antenna/dish settings are inputted exactly as the actual port switch #'s and correct LNB type and frequency , then all should be good when using 2 DUAL LNB's with 2 receivers..after a proper scan is performed..

BTW...I'm no "boss", just another slug here like the rest of us..

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 768
LK I'm just playing with you
Thanx for your complement
Good luck Jim, LK agrees it should work, hopefully you got the dual LNB

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 794

Hey King
I have one question.
You have posted here many times , that you are a paid Satellite subscriber and will not break the law, but on the other hand you are here to help others break the law?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 771
Kavin
I had no idea you work as a cop part time
I promise I'll quite soon
I'll be careful next time
You look like a dog with that logo

Gold Member

Post Number: 8352
I subscribe too and don't break the law either...I didn't inhale either...LOL

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 469
Jim, a option for the 2nd receiver is to connect it to the loop-out on the cw600--it works best when the first receiver is off--not good for two receivers on at same time--(still get tv,but limited)

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 795

Hey King
Iam not a cop,or the cop's man son, but I will be the man untill the cop man comes.And I will also promise this to you, if we all here go down,you will also go down. Down Town, can you dig it?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 772
Well done
I guess it worth saving my cable receipts for the man down town. I'm an explorer Scientest I will explore anything on the privacy of my house. I'm not transmitting or obstructing any Utilities. I do have the right to decode. Is like if I intercept police radio channels and you want to prosecute me for listening to it. I will take care of my defense.
I knew it, you don't sound like a cop
Nice try anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Gophone

Post Number: 12
Can I plug the signal from my cable company into one of the ports on my DISEq. I dont want to drill another hole in the wall for a second coax cable?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 803
Not to DISEqC

- Out of DISEqC is your Satellite
- You can combine cable with Satellite
- You'll need 2 Diplexers: 1-outside your house, 1-inside your house
- You treat cable signal as antenna

I got a simple thread easy to follow
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 154
king about the standard dual lnb connections, wouldnt be neccesary both cables out of the right outputs go to the same switch, and both from the left outputs on the lnbs go to the other switch???

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 806
- Out of the LNB it doesn't matter either outlet
- into the DISEqC U must maintain input#
- Into antenna setup U also must maintain same assignment

But it will never hurt to keep all to prospective order. I would keep everything into a respective order.

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 156
somewhere on this board i read that left outputs on an lnb handle a certain voltage and right ones handle another something like 18 and 13, and if you combine them you interfere one stb with another.

just as info, not meaning to down your post.
thnx

Gold Member

Post Number: 8420
U are referring to Dish Pro TWIN LNB's..

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 813
Vertical TPs are 13/14 Volts
Horizontal TPs are 17/18 Volts

What sets the voltage to control the polarity is supplied by the receiver. It controls the polarity switching on the LNB

Bottom line is if the antenna setup is done first your choices will be limited. What I'll do is set your hardware first followed by Antenna set-up.

Great question
Ask any questions you want.
King
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us