Can I Bypass the Receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 22
Is it possible to bypass a satelite or cable receiver and plug the coax directly into the TV and still get all the stations including HD, movie stations, pay subscriptions, PPV, etc??

If so how? If not how do you deal with the receiver for a flat panel television that hangs on the wall?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 720
No, you need an FTA receiver with a modified bin file to get "free" TV.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8294
LMAO...so U want to plug your roof antenna directly into your TV and expect to get encrypted coded TV signals...thats funny!...U can get FREE local AIR antenna channels like that...U could put a coat hangar on the roof too with a wire to your TV...are U really that uneducated in school, which teaches some physical sciences about wave lengths, frequencies, spectrums, atmosphere, etc..5th grade school kids know this...are U smarter than a 5th grader?

what the hell do U think your radio or receiver does?...they have tuners that are made to be capable of receiving signals and tuning them in...thats why a receiver is called a "receiver" , it receives the signals..your TV displays the signals..

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1532
Nachoman...

There is no way to plug the coax directly into your TV, there are 2 way of taking the signal to your TV..

1.- Cabling from receiver to TV.
2.- Getting something like this:
http://www.apogeekits.com/tv_transmitter.htm
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-8704.

Go to BestBuy and ask the guy for a TV Transmitter system, a system like that must broadcast a TV and audio signal, so you can see it at certain channel on your TV...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1533
I suppose that you don't want to install any cable due to esthetic reasons.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1535
With solution #2 what you will do is cabling from the receiver to the "TV Transmitter", and then broadcast that signal to a certain channel number...in that way you can watch whatever your receiver sends......

There are regulations about broadcasting, you must check that first...also if you broadcast the signal, anyone on the nearby would be able to catch that signal....so, be carefull when watching p*rn....LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 8296
My understanding is, he has no problem running the coaxial cable from the antenna to the TV, he just wants to bypass using a receiver and magically expect to get PPV's and premium channels , like a subscription etc...and "broadcast" and "transmitter" may be too big of words for this poor kid..thats if understands anything U said..

Honestly, this was the dumbest question I have ever encountered...and yes people can ask stupid questions...for example, what color is red?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
BUMP....

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 758
LK
He just didn't understand Satellite signals
Because you can do this with cable if you got QAM tuner and get digital and scrambled channels

So many people on ecoustics HD forum are getting full digital service from basic cable via QAM HDTV tuner without modifcation.
This is one of these things that are puzzling me because I'm a paying cable customer and ain't getting so on my HD QAM tuner.

Username: Nadxia

Dayton, OH USA

Post Number: 8
Hi Guys,
I bought a receiver (PowerSat PS5) & I want to upgrade it. Is thgere any Bin for that Receiver...Please help me out.

Thanx
Zia

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 195
here is a cut/paste of a section of LK's approved sites to visit to find your bin. Hope it helps
-------------------------------------------------
Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)

File Share Site - No Registration Required:
--------------------------------------------------
Good for gettting Original factory firmware:
[link removed]

Best site for DISHNET info, channels, transponders and changes etc..
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]

I would stay away from most other sites, especially the ones being spammed in every thread here by these people..these people are here to destroy FTA and use new unestablished no name sites to gather your personal info for malicious purposes..be careful of these people and all their site recommndations..

dsscommunity
RyersonsGheyArmy
psycho mofo
Lk suxit

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 196
my personal fav. for files and bin's is Dsscommun1ty but i dont know if they will have the bin your looking for. LK would prob know

Gold Member

Post Number: 8313
Hashhu.c*om should no longer be used..they are having some new recent legal issues and in fact I would avoid the site completely now...most likely some other Dss sites will incur the same soon...rumor is rom 10x will be next..

I have never heard of that receiver ANYPLACE!...its a rare breed..even google has little to no info on it..

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 23
Hey LK....next time you see a post with my username just do me a favor and ignore it.

Thanks to everyone else. I found the info I needed on my own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8345
I already knew that...why help somebody who doesn't bother to read for 5 minutes or use common sense..

BTW...I'm still trying to understand why my car doesn't just "work" by itself" when I only sit in it...maybe I should read what the key, steering wheel, gas pedal, and brakes do..

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 65
are you sure i cant just plug it in to my tv it sure would save me alot of hassle.

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 66
lk..the key starts it.. ask wife, kids, or nieghbours to get you out of the driveway. just being funny no offence.

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 24
LK....what level dungeon master are you?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 769
LK
It is true if someone read for few minutes they can find answers without asking a question. But these forums are open for people to ask anything they want. If anyone interested they respond with the answers and comments.

What you are telling this guy you can learn by reading someone elses question and how it was answered from previous threads. I encourge everyone to ask what they are looking for. I know it is tough on you being here for 3 years and see repeated questions. Simply if don't like the question just ingnore it. Let someone else wanabee get their chances.

Thanx for reading my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 793

Hey King
I have one question for you.
You have posted here many times that you are a paid subscriber to Satellite service and you will not break the law, but on the other hand you are here to help others break the law?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8346
Do U go to the Library and ask the librarian to read to U?...NO!...U read yourself and try and LEARN and then when stumped U ask questions for help from someone...same here!...and the question was a stupid one with anybody with half a brain..regardless what they know about satellites...if someone comes here and posts, I expect that they should at least take 5 minutes to read or use your 5th grade education, before asking..

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 770
Yes Kevin
I posted few times that I got 2 HDTV/Digital one with DVR/Tivo + 3 analog cable one in each room. We all pay for phone, we all pay for internet unless you are borrowing your internet signal as well. i/o cable thru Cablevision in my area got all 3 services for $90. I pay for all my upgrades $104. Phone, Internet, Cable. It is like getting cable for free.

I love Satellites I'm having fun I help others solve their installation problems I learn more than they do and I love exchanging knowledge. I joke a lot some take it very serious you'll never see me bashing or insulting anyone. I'm 45 years old. I don't need to save a buck or two.
I'm just a hobbyist I hope that answers your question.

LK
I don't like to judge questions and call it stupid. Let them ask just like many did in previous thread. It is not costing you extra money. Like I said above many newer HDTV QAM tuners accepts cable signal convert and descramble to digital signals without hacking. You just never know if questions are really stupid. It can just lead to more helpful information.
Relax.. Take a chill Pill.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2196
King Tapeman: I might have misjudged you in the past. Your attitude towards people posting here is very encouraging.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8351
and nalins bogus incorrect posts still occur!...this is an unbelieveable post from her...

Nalin Nyda
Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 07:23 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AV: I think at sites where the word "DN" is not allowed they use the word "Charlie" and they use "Dave" for "BEV".

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 25
LK....8351 posts since Jan-06....that's about 20 a day....damn you really are a loser. Do these forums constitute your entire social life?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8354
U are here , aren't U?....U should be worrying about your 5th grade education and ignorance, and how u are going to make it through life being so stupid...not my post count or my life!

U remind me of the lazy workers I use to encounter...they were always looking over their shoulders to make sure they didn't do more work than the other guys...and then would eventually crash and burn from not paying attention to their own work, while more concerned about others work habits..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8355
U are here , aren't U?.....and U registered in Dec 2004, almost 2 1/2 years ago, and are still asking STUPID questions....thats just lazy and stupid!....U are the LOSER....U should be worrying about your 5th grade education and ignorance, and how u are going to make it through life being so stupid...not my post count or my life!

U remind me of the lazy workers I use to encounter...they were always looking over their shoulders to make sure they didn't do more work than the other guys...and then would eventually crash and burn from not paying attention to their own work, while more concerned about others work habits..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2198
Nachoman91's post about LK sums up everything there is about LK.

"LK....8351 posts since Jan-06....that's about 20 a day....damn you really are a loser. Do these forums constitute your entire social life?"

LK: You have been properly and rightly snubbed.
NOW STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD.
Your last two posts here are what you always do - contribute nothing and irritate people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2199
Nachoman91: LK is a psychotic and often goes in an abusive rage when he is not taking his medication.
Having been a soldier, he has never been taught to concede defeat, so when he loses an argument, he is the most abusive and irrational.

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 26
Thanks Nalin....that explains alot. I've encountered many like him...insecure losers who spend their days hiding behind some persona on the internet acting tough and obnoxius because they have no real life.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8359
2 losers..nalin and nacho..yeah nalin needs all the friends she can get here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2200
LK: You are the only loser.

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 27
Only 8 posts yesterday LK? What's going on? Did I get to you or were you too busy working on upping your dungeon master level. Or maybe your mom was making you run some errands. I assume you still live at home with your mommy.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 790
Nacho
He is a member of at least dozen other Sat forums
It is a Territorial thing
When things go from good to bad at PTA he is the man to consult most senior member at this Satellite forum
Must of spot you trespassing

In any case is there anything you would like to fix at this satellite forum?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8367
nacho...I've been "interested" in DSS satellite for many years, have been a member of various sites for many years, and am/was also a mod at many sites and still admin at sites..am old enuff to be your father..I am RETIRED pal and have all the time in the world with all my other hobbies and interests...People like U make me laugh and entertain me , this is a comedy show here when people like U and nalin post..

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 29
So you spend your retirement sitting all day in front of your computer harassing people on internet forums. How mature of you. What a loser!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8370
kid...now U're boring me!

Bronze Member

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 30
But yet you keep responding. How do you have time to even respond to this. Or do you already have your 20 posts in on each of the dozen forums you belong to. I sure hope my retirement isn't spent harassing people half my age on the internet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us