Help: only 5 channels received in my master bedroom

Username: Rad001

Post Number: 1
I just got verizon FIOS and now I only receive 5 or 6 channels on my bedroom tv (no cable box). I used to get all lower channels when I was with COX. In my attic, it seems the main line feeds into a 4 way splitter (1000mhz). A friend says if I change it to a 2ghz splitter i should get a lot more channels in my MBroom. Is this true?

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 59
OOPS. Got you.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 800
Actually I always wondered how FIOS is doing.

- Yes conrad sounds like you got low frequency splitter.
- Get one that says 900 MHz to 2400 MHz
- The other thing good cables and connectors
- Check my thread: post#745
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html
Talk to me more about FIOS
I'm looking to get it

Username: Rad001

Post Number: 2
FIOS is great. The only thing i don't like is they charge you extra for FIOS internet Security suites (Anti virus/Firwall etc..) and they charge you per computer you have it installed on. The other thing of course is that my fourth TV is not on a receiver. I'm to cheap to pay for 4 receivers. I bought a 2.4 GHZ splitter and it seems to look worse than before and less channels now. Will go back up in attic to ensure i have it screwed in all the way (which i'm sure i did. FIOS HD channels are awesome (better than COX). Also you get more channels for your money. Way more channels. I'm glad I switched.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 824
Actually I think I can help you to solve it.
Start by listing all hardware and wire connections.

Information on how to share Digital receivers but need to run an extra coaxial cable check my thread Post#624
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html

Username: Edouble

Post Number: 7
my brother called the earlier this week to getthier intent and phone. he asked about the tv, they say that you need to get a box per tv, in order to get chanels. with out the box all you can recieve is basic free chanels, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 21 etc.. all in all she said 15 chanels. not sure if she was telling the truth or just trying to get $5.00 extra per reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us