Buying new plasma screen

Username: Shaun_g

Durban, Natal Rsa

Post Number: 1
hi i`m wanting to buy a plasma screen.can anyone tell me which is the best one to get.i also herd that plasma screens use a gas cylinder to run it and this gas runs out in about 4 years,anyone herd about this.is it true

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 253
if you can afford it, pioneer elite.
plasma is supposed to be 50% dimmer than new after 60,ooo hours of viewing. (15years).

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 51
Pioneer plasma's generate the most life like image of all TV's... especially their Elite series, if you are made of money... Elite's are the hands down winner. Panasonic are a damn close second, as long as you get the 600 series, and not the 60 series. Samsung 5053 is the cheapest choice which still looks decent. I would not consider any other plasma TV's.

A top name Plasma TV will outlast your living room.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1429
­
"also herd that plasma screens use a gas cylinder to run it and this gas runs out in about 4 years,anyone herd about this.is it true"

Ask that guy where the refill cap for the gas is.

Upload
­

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 257
"Ask that guy where the refill cap for the gas is. "

Somebdy was trying to sell an lcd.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1438
­
"Somebdy was trying to sell an lcd."

Or more likely, the pressure to sell extended warranty on the plasma was on.

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 58
I agree with Peter's general assessment except I would scratch Samsung as a serious contender.

Username: Pkmaven

Boynton Beach, FL United States

Post Number: 10
New plasma displays are good for 20 years predicated on 8-12 hours of tv viewing/day. After 20 years they reduce in brightness very slightly. 1080P, 1080P, 1080P.....P.

Bronze Member
Username: Pkmaven

Boynton Beach, FL United States

Post Number: 18
I agree with Peter. The Pioneer Elite plasma is shockingly clear and prohibtably expensive. When I viewed it at Best Buy and they told me the price, I knew that I wanted plasma, and that I sit about 80" from the screen, so a 42" set would be nice. I settled on a Sony 42PX2 Pro plasma (1920x1080P). I found it for about $1600 online. It is not sold in stores and is not part of the consumer line which is almost all lcd. It has an awesome picture that reveals all the programs boasting Hd like "club 1080" way up there in the triple digit stations on Comcast. P.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us