LG DR6921W - Probs playing and recording DVD's

Username: Trevturtle73

Exmouth, WA Australia

Post Number: 2
Hi all,
Here is one from left field. But seems i am not the only perons having problems with this machine!!!!!!!!!!
I have a LG DR6921W (yes i know its old, and I know its a peice of
junk) that I picked up at a garage sale for $30. I can get it to play audio CD's and VCD's, however it will not play any DVD's. I am in australia and it is currently set at region 4, I have tried Langers 000000 unlock code on region free (0) and they still dont play. the following error comes up when I attempted to play a DVD "unknown disk, plse check disk again" not sure why, maybe the laser is broken, however it still plays vcd and cd's - very strange.

Has anyone experienced similiar problems, or can anyone offer any help on this subject. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
cheers
Trev......

Username: Stickyricky

Post Number: 1
Hi Trevor
I also had issues with my LG DR6921W with the same error. Even when I inserted a commercial DVD, it would eject the disc, and display the same message. This problem has happened 3 times. Twice I got it fixed on warranty. The only info I can give you, is 'replaced drive mechanism'. Now that my LG has stuffed up for the 3rd time, I will go in and see how much it costs to fix. the warranty ran out. LG were happy to fix it when it was under warranty, but wouldn't replace the unit. Its the last time I will ever buy LG. Today I bought a Panasonic DVD Recorder

Username: Stickyricky

Post Number: 2
By the way, the second time the dvd stuffed up, the only thing that may have caused it, was pressing eject, then re-pressing it before it fully came out. Though the last time, it stuffed up, I set the timer, it recorded, then hung creating the menu. Had to pull power plug, as anything else didn't 'unfreeze' it. At that started the 'unknown disk' messages again

Username: Georges_payet

Grand anse praslin, Seychelles Seychelles

Post Number: 1
hi there Trevor, Ricky and everybody else who has Lg dr6921w, I also have problems with my LG DR6921W with the error "unknown disc". this happened after I tried to eject a full disc which was in the process of creating a menu, I wanted to record the ongoing program so much I needed to insert a fresh "new" disc, so I pull out the power plug, after ejecting the disc my Lg dr6921w can only play back DVD movies, cds but doesn't regonize it's own previously recorded dvds, or any new dvd-r+r or rw. help please, I'm stuck, thanks Georges.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us