Cox DVR sound problem

Username: Arrighi

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with the sound from digital cable, which leads me to think it is a cable company problem, but they deny it. There are 2 problems. First, overall sound quality is poor on non-HD channels (Motorola DVR from Cox Cable in RI). When watching some programs (e.g. Fox network), sound seems muddy and there is static coming from the surround speakers. Second, I know this will sound odd, but it's true and totally stumped the cable guys: on channel 12 (cbs), sound comes mostly out of the right front speaker; on all other channels, sound comes appropriately from mainly the center channel. If I reset the cable box, it may fix the problem, but only for a short time. This is why suspect a cable problem. I did get a replacement DVR, and the problem remains.

Any ideas? I am running it with a new Yamaha receiver. I have tried both optical and coaxial sound audio connections from cable to receiver.

Username: Crashrandall

Post Number: 1
I have COX Motorola DVR in RI also, the audio problem I experience occurs enough to be irritating but not consistently enough to pin down. The sound cuts out randomly sometimes, both on live TV and in playback. Right now my wife is watching Lifetime and it is doing it very badly... it does it sometimes on Syfy as well, but seldom this bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us