Can one dish pick up Dish and Bev?

Silver Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 102
Hi People,

I just got my new viewsat ultra and I would like to know if I have a dish 500 with dish pro LNB. Can I get 2 more LNB and catch 110, 119, 91 and 82 on the same dish. Any Suggestion? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8134
nope...need a much larger dish...

Dish 500 is made specifically for 2 LNB's...usually 110-119..or 82-91...2 LNB's for sats 9 degrees apart..

Silver Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 103
Thanks LK,
so, is there any dish that I can buy to catch 82, 91, 110 and 119 together?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8137
yeah a larger one from any satellite hardware dealer.....or have 2 dishes connected with a disque switch..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 706
You can buy a toroid dish which will get you both networks. My only complaint about the toroid (apart from price) is that it can be difficult to aim.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2258
Mickey - If you are going to do that then I'd go with LK's suggestion of the two Dish500 dishes but I would loose the DishPro Twin LNB and go with Single LNB's. The reason for this is because you would end up with Two DishPro LNB's with internal switches which would be set:

119=1
110=2
91=1
82=2

This will create a serious conflict when changing channels.

So as LK recommended 2 Dish500 dishes 4 single LNB's (dual outputs will work), 1 DISEcQ.

Username: Coolphat5k

Post Number: 2
Hey Mickey, the above suggestions are excellent and for sure the best bang for your buck. Personally, I use two DP 500's on two seperate dishes as LK said and it works great. If you have some extra money to invest you may consider a motorized setup. Much like the old BUD's but with the smaller footprint dish.

Username: Ctee

Post Number: 1
If you have a new receiver, the motorized set-up works great, both DN and Bev on one dish. Lately, the software for the older receivers coming in two different files so you have to choose either DN or BEV which negates the motor. Time to buy a new receiver I guess...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8148
Actually the latest Pansat 2500 clone and FLU (Fortec Lifetime Ultra) bin 292T and bin 292 for the genuine Pansat 2500 does get BOTH DN and Bev providers....but that could change again with the next bin..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us