ViewSat Xtreme Problems

Username: Taxisat

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,

I bought a viewsat xtreme receiver and a 20 inch dish with two L/B's off a guy for $400. I helped him install it and we got it working. I think it's tuned to Satellites 110/119.

Everything was working fine until now (3 days later) and he will offer me no support, so I would like to find out as much information so i can do everything myself. He did give me a site where i downloaded "loader" and "zmodem32.dll". He said sometime's the reciever goes down and you have to do an update, although i think that's not the problem right now.

I tried running the loader, opened the file, then PC->SCMB (or something), but i could not transfer anything at all.

My problem right now is I get very few channels, like pay per veiw preveiw, some dishnetwork channels, and a bible channel (maybe god is telling me "tv is not free") HA!

I have tried turning it on and off, tried running the loader with no sucsess, and I dont know where else to go?!?!

Will some kind soul out there be able take a newbie under his wing, and show me the wonderful world of satellite signals?

Post Number: 2
Oh yeah! I am getting a signal and quality reading.

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 290
You probably just need to enter the new keys. Every now and then there's a key change.

Post Number: 3
How do i do that? Would you please email me? calgarytaxi@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 123
mark . sometimes the keys change . and u have to wait for the autoroll to updat your keys. you should have latest bin dated 07-02-06x.
go do some reading in viewsat site . go to viewsat extreem section . you will find everything you need there step by step. get to know your box first , this way it will be so easy later if you have any problem . if you dont do some reading by yourself about the box then you will end up really crazy. . i warn you if some one in this site is answering you in rude way dont take it personal . welcome to the fta world .
this is the site for viewsat :

www.totalfta.com

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 291
Mark, I only have experience with Pansats and Sonicviews. I do not know if the procedure is the same.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 124
mark the latest bin updat the key automaticaly for you . you dont need to enter them manually .just wait you will see on the bottom screen autoroll processing . and wait the pic will come up .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us