ASTRA 19, HOTBIRD 13 & ATLANTIC BIRD 5

Username: Mr_neutron

SOUTH NUTFIELD, SURREY UK

Post Number: 1
I would like to recieve from from ASTRA 19, HOTBIRD 13 AND ATLANTIC BIRD 5 using the same 80cm dish in the UK? Is this possible? If so, would it be possible to use a monblock LNB in conjuction with a single LNB, the two being switched by a disq switch?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 627
You can get almost anything you want
But you need to know how much aprox dBW
This is a quick idea for what dish size you need:

EIRP
(dBW) Size(cm)
45 65-85
44 75-95
43 85-110
42 95-120
41 105-135
40 120-150
39 135-170
38 150-190
37 170-215
36 190-240
35 210-270
34 240-300
33 265-340
32 300-380
31 335-425
30 375-475

Post Number: 2
Many thanks for your reply. How do I calculate the dbW?

Post Number: 3
At the moment I have a monoblock LNB on ASTRA 19 & HOTBIRD 13, If I add another LNB on AB 5 can I use a disq switch between them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
Give me the angle to each Sat, also which Sat U R getting now
for example
Hot Bird 8 is 13.0°E

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
4 input DISEqC switch you can get up to 4 Satellites
Simple installation in Antenna setup 1- to each port
But the problem is limitation for angle radius
You won't get more than 22 to 25 degrees for multiple Sats on 80CM dish

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
19.2E and Eutelsat Hotbird 13E spaced 6 apart.
Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W

So yes you can do
You can install second LNBf to the right of dish looking in front of dish
Assign to different port in antenna set-up

Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 125
king tapeman. we arfe located in the usa . how could we get astra and the rest of europeen channels . i tought it's impossible to be here and get their channel . we are aiming our sat to the west . and the astra is in the east . can you explain little more it will be very appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 31
First of all the channels from this satellites are beamed only for Europe, and even if they are reaching to the eastern USA you wouldnt be able to get them if you are in Midwest, from Chicago for example you can get satellite that is on 21 degree west that is all, now you can go to Lyngsat and see what is on those satellites and see if there is any thing wort while spending time and looking for, I didnt find any thing that is worth spending time adjusting dish to any of those satellites.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
i kn ow . cuz im from europ and when im vacation there i see all that programming . and it's different than in here . i talked to many poeple and the responde was exactely like yours . no way you can have them period. hoping maybe some these sat companies get more programming from there / not to mention the encryption is different.the only coun try that use nagra is spain . and not same way we flash different .

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
John is from the UK
I have no problem helping anyone anywhere

The beam is in space
You can amplify any signal out there
If it is far away you can trap the beam with either bigger dish or with a low noise block that is capable of producing higher gain.

I'm working on it

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 165
can we get Sky Digital on Astra 2A/2B/2D & Eurobird 1 at 28.2°E in los angeles?

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
Don't be selly
I said the guy is in the UK
He just wanted to add an extra Satellite
They just changed almost all satellite names out there
I just wasn't sure which one he was talking about

The most imprtant thing is aim the dish to the sky not to the ground. Instead many providers got several beam spots. So check elevation at www-satellitenuts-com

Post Number: 4
King Tapeman, thanks for your reply. I am thinking that the only way to go is with a USALS motor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
I will solve it for you if you give me angles
Without getting a motor
Because they just changed all Satellite names and I don't know which one you are reffering to

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
KING i have crazy problem. i can easily get nimiq1.3 (91) but i dont know why i can never get nimiq2 (82). when i sacn i always get the nimiq1.3, i tried and never succed. also i was trying to get both using dish500 same story . do u have exactely the elvation and skew for them using dish500. and the elevation for only nimiq2 thanx.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
You are not trying to get it using 1-LNB are you?

Easiest way to get any 2 Sats within 10 degrees apart is a Twin LNB and assign each LNB to a designated Satellite.

I my self had trouble using DTV triple LNB (3-Phase) to get 119/110. The problem was middle LNB picks up 2 or 3 transponders.

It is important to know all hardware you got so I don't guess. But my first guess would be you got a DP plus that is not compatible with your receiver picks up only one Sat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
o never had and never will haave dpp. i know what im talking about im not newbie i m in fta world for ,ore than 4 years. u can get 91/82 using either sinlge lnb's or twinlegacy.
what i was not sure of is the skew and elevation .when you use twinlegacy or singles using dish500.
now in case if i wanna pik only 82 using 1 singl lnb i wanna know the elevation .cuz it should be almost same as 91 . and god no way i really dont know what is happening to me . i do instalation sometimes but it's very strange never piclk the sat for 82 .

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
DTV triple LNB (3-Phase) has internal switch that makes you loose signal . why not try to open it and take thge switch out .use the lnb like that .

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Is that what you got?
It is not a trap switch
It has TP response to 3 or 4 Transponders. Internal on circuit board. not much you can do

If you align to 101 you can get 92/110 and maybe strap another LNB and get all 3

You can bring the dish down and doctor with using Sat finder and cleaver alignment. Not for a nubie but good challenge to an expert installer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us