Samsung HLN507W Negative Image?

Username: Sniperx13

Post Number: 2
I purchased the HLN507W tv in Feb. 2003. The lamp has 6093 hours on it according the the service screen.

Here is the problem. It has been acting erratic lately and has been going from a nice color picture, to a frozen black and white negative image. The sound continues to play on with the screen just frozen as a black and white negative looking image. It can happen after 3 minutes of being on, to happening after 8 hours of being on. Sometimes it doesn't even happen and works fine. It's pretty random it seems. It will sometimes turn off using the power button, and sometimes the image still stays there but the sound will turn off. No lights ever come on so it is tough to troubleshoot what is going on. I thought it might be the lamp, but when I look at the back of the tv, I can see light coming out so I'm assuming the lamp is still good? Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have to go and spend $200+ on a part, replace it, and have the same issue. Please let me know what you think. The lamp part# on it shows it's a 100w BP96-00224C(P) lamp. I am pretty technically capable person and am confident I can replace parts. I just need to know what is wrong for sure. Please let me know. Here are pics of what it does.

James

Upload
Upload

Username: Daco63

Michigan USA

Post Number: 2
Hi James,

This looks similar to a problem I'm having on my HLR5688W, though for me it freezes only the right side of the picture. See more details on my post here: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1067832#POST1067832

My assessment is that this is a problem in the digital signal path. If it is a bad part (looking at the parts list for your model at www.samsungparts.com ), that would likely mean one of:

PCB-digital misc $590 or
engine P-DLP $890

If you and I are very lucky, maybe it's a loose connection somewhere...

Check back on my thread later to see if I've found a solution.

Good luck,
- Dave

Post Number: 3
Nevermind on this TV anymore. Was going to end up costing me almost $1000 to just fix this and after reading that this tv might nickel and dime me in the future, I was able to get a GREAT deal on a new Sony Wega 50" 2020 model for $1300 and it has a built in tuner with it. I love this TV so much more. Thanks for the help.

James

Post Number: 4
I gave this TV to my brother in law and he replaced the digital upgrade board as well as the lamp and neither of them worked to fix this problem. Needless to say he's pissed that he just put $600+ into the repair without resolve. Any other idea's out there?

Username: Dfm2

Post Number: 1
I too have fallen prey to this problem. I replaced a screeching color wheel about five months ago and set worked fine. Have the negative image problem and used suggestions from this forum to replace misc digital board and problem is the same but worse. Had talked to Samsung help desk but they wanted a diagnosis from a television repairman who would capture the error codes????? Unless someone can give me a miracle solution I am ready to go back to SONY or Panasonic. This set looks like a money pit.

Username: Jmacsuga

Post Number: 1
The problem with this set is that the DMD board which drives the DLP chip is defective. The DMD board is difficult to change due to the alignment functions. Also, you can purchase a complete LIGHT ENGINE with Lamp for about the same price as the DMD board itself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us