Sey Hey! HackMOñke¥

Username: Hackmonkey

Post Number: 1
Hey all..Im new here. I will just lay it out as

I have a few questions about old stuff
and
A few questions about new stuff

I was a big Dave DTV tester..had the H-emu and a dozens HU cards, my programmer, and crazy bins. As we all know, they put the Kabosh on that with the P4/P5 jazz. I signed off my home site and never looked back. My first question is...have they found any use for those old H and HU cards?? Can they be programmed for anything else?? what about my old programmer?? Any other uses for it??

NOW ON TO THE NEW STUFF.
My buddy just dived back into the new scene and got a cool(thingy) cardless rec. I do not even know where to start with this FTA stuff. There are so many sites, tons of different hardware, new Terms that I am not familiar with, etc..
If I wanted to start from scratch, what kind of turn-key system is best ?? I trying to learn about this new method by reading posts but Im a little lost: Multiple Sats to point to, multiple provider companies, cardless receivers, auto-roll, etc, etc... Now remember I was not a DIsh tester...I only have DTV experience. Can some one lay it out for me ??

Much appreciated.

HackMOñke¥

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 285
From my understanding the Hu cards are long done with. For your old programmer, I don't know if you still have any use for it. There are carded fixes out there but i personally don't know much about them. Besides the cardless receivers are cake.

For the cardless receiver, it's simple. I found out how by just reading these posts and asking questions here. Most will give you helpful advice.

Multiple sat pointing-there are a few birds for each provider. Here are some programs on Echo 8
http://www.lyngsat,com/packages/dish110.html replace the , with .

Providers-DishNet for North America, BEv Bell Express Vu- Canadian provider
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us