Information on Captive Works

Silver Member
Username: Destine0429

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 162
I recently purchased a Captive Works CW 600S Premium box. I was wondering, whichupdater do I need for the download? Which download file is the good one for now, and, my husband is trying to make a null wire for the download, does anyone know which wired number goes to which? Or, which wire it is that we need? Thanks
}}}

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8070
U can use the straight cable and buy a cheap "null " adapter at radio shack..no need to make a new cable..

All the Dss sites have the latest bins, manuals , loaders, how to's, guides etc for that receiver..try using futurefta, hashhu, or al7bar or any other tye "RECOMMENDED" satellite sites thread!

Username: Papacito

Post Number: 2
LK......since you are here.....can you please help me.......i'm moving to mexico guadalajara...
a friend of mine tells me that he can get a reciever for me..will i be able to watch DN?
THANK YOU...

Bronze Member
Username: Da_one

Post Number: 28
PREGUNTALE A TU AMIGO!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 335
julie whiteyou will love that new cw i us the 106 loader and the latest bin 136 and if you got the cw100-r pvr add on the bin is 137 all is good with the 136 for about 3weeks i think you will be happy with this box great support and great price hope you enjoy your testing with cw

Silver Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 163
Thanks LK and Bruce. My hubby is going to check to see if he has an adaptop like LK sugguested.
Hope this box will work eventually. Since we've had it, my hubby said it's been nothing but problems.
So many different loaders, and bins, and he's looked on the main captive works site and there was a whole bunch of ways to make a null adaptor.
Well, he will just have to keep trying.

Silver Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 164
OK, I spoke too soon. My hubby couldn't find one.
He wants to modify his adaptor to fix the box. All he wants to do is, he has cables, 9 pin cables. What are the pin numbers that need to be crossed so he can fix the box?
He knows he can go and buy the wires, but he wants to try to fix the box tonight. Seeing as it's 12:30am. Can anyone let us know which numbers of the wires cross with what? What color crosses with what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8075
Radio shack sells the adapter very cheaply...but here ya go...pin 2-3 are crossed..

Upload

Want to know what cable you need to flash that shiny,new receiver ? There are two types of cables used, and both look the same on the outside, but are wired differently internally. They are the straight DB9 RS232 female to female cable, and the Null 9 pin RS232 female to female cable. The straight DB9 cable has all pins connected the same at both ends(pin 1-1, 2-2,3-3,etc.). The Null cable(also known as a Null-Modem) has pins 2 and 3 crossed(pin 2-3, 3-2). You can use a straight DB9 cable to program receivers requiring a Null cable, by purchasing an inexpensive Null adapter to attach to one end of the straight DB9 cable. This allows one cable to be used for any receiver.

Silver Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 165
He crossed the 2 - 3, 3 - 2, 5 - 5, with no handshake, and it didn't work. THen went on to do the 7 - 8 - 1, 4 - 6 - 1, full hand shake and partial hand shake. Still with no luck. Any ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
julie white call computer store and get cable it is under 10 dollers if you go to the source you will pay somthing like 30 dollers for cable

Silver Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 166
Yeah, I guess we will have no choice on that. But my hubby said there was no communication at all. The box would not communicate with computer at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
did you buy it new or is it secend hand ?

Silver Member

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 169
we bought the box new

Gold Member

Post Number: 8079
First get a adapter for your straight cable...then plug in and see what U have..U may have to use another serial comport..U have NO communication cause U have NO working correct cable..

Bronze Member
Username: Atul_shah

Post Number: 16
Hi LK,

I have ACE 2700 not able to get American Channels. Need Help! is there a special scan or settings need to be configured??? Also this box keep saying scrambled or bad channel and i have to unplug and plug it back it in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
julie white did you and your hubby get that cw600p going if so let me no if you and your hubby like this box and what you think of it thanks

Username: Candyrain

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 6
Hey bruce no we haven't. We are going out today to get the wire. My hubby said it's supposed to be a really good box. We're going to wait and see and I will let ya know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
cool hope all work out for you and your hubby
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us