Selected Satellites says new. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Username: Newtofta

Post Number: 2
I Have a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic Ultra, the selected satellite box has new and when i try to pick that sats i need it wont let me. Can anyone help me please.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2057
Richard: Do Menu/system info.
Post what is there.

Post Number: 7
X-85BL DN
API:2.9OTa_EU
Boot ver: 6.0
03,Feb. 2007
Future-FTA info

Thats what it says

Gold Member

Post Number: 2060
You have the latest BIN 290T. It is a good BIN with autoroll of the keys. However it is not very good with some International channels.
What kind of viewing do you want to do?
Press OK. You will see a left 1/3 screen window. As you go up and down the channels, what do you see at the bottom - Echo .....?

Post Number: 9
i want Echo.......i have some of them whick i got on a blind scan but i cant do a manual scan because it wont let me select any birds.......i only have 69 channels and i know there are more than that. When i go to setup it says new in the selected satellite box.

Post Number: 10
sorry....119 and 110

Gold Member

Post Number: 2061
I got that you want Echo 7 (119W) Echo 8.1 (119W) and Sony television - SET Indian entertainment channel on Echo 3(61.5W) - correct?
You must tell me what you see in the bottom part of left screen when you go up and down the channels

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have 69 channels....all 110 W
dont know if this stuff matters or not
DFreq:12280(V) SR 20.000
Nagravision

Gold Member

Post Number: 2062
1. Can you confirm that by Sony you meant SET (Sony entertainment Television) from India.
2. How many dishes do you have?
3. How many channels do you have before and what kind of receiver?
4. Has there been any change besides the receiver?
5. I have to go to Airport in about 90 minutes - do you want to stay and try sorting thing out?
6. Could you please be precise and answer what is asked - exactly as asked. so I can get you sorted out easily.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2063
7. Whereabouts do you live? Just the name of city and state or province.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i live by danville illinois.....i iave 1 dish with 2 LNBs....119 and 110.......i really dont know what SET is........as long as i get same channels as D*** people do i will be fine. and no nothing but the reciever has changed.......and i would say that i had about 300 or so channels with the other one

Gold Member

Post Number: 2064
You have one dish with 2 LNBs. You want to view mostly american programming on 110W and 119W.
You are not interested in International programming.
Confirm this to me.
What is your other receiver? Is it still connected - if so how.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8043
go into your receiver menu to "antena settings" and input

119-disque port #1...110-#2
type standard (unless u have a DISH PRO LNB)
frequency 11250
22-off
scan all

NOW do the scans..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
You are correct Nalin...and no the other receiver isnt hooked up....borrowed it and the guy wants it back

Gold Member

Post Number: 2065
Go menu/Installation.
On the right side what selected satellites do you see.
Go antenna and down to Echo 8.1. On the right side what disEqC do you see?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
on the right hand side in the selected sats box most of them say new but there are a few that dont. When i go to antenna the DiSEqC is 2 on 8.1 It is 1 on echo 7

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 180
reset factory defaults
then install the satelites again, then scan for channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
eatfish......if i restore factory defaults will it take the BIN out. I am new and dont know how to load yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
no bin file wiil be fine but you will need to redo the satellite instalation.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2067
You need to do a Blind scan on each of the two connections separately.
Menu/Installation/Blind scan. A new window opens on right. first select Echo 7 and scan all including H and V polarity.
Then do the same procedure with Echo 8.1.
You should get all the channels.
Make sure your clock is set for correct time, date and time zone.
Do not do factory defaults. and keep autoroll on.
Best of luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thats the problem.......they are not on the blind scan list....but they are on the antenna set up list

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
do you know anything about the flu nalin have you used one or do you even read his posts he has done the blind scan only getting 69 channels if you dont test dont jump in when you are obviously out of your comfort zone go back to getting keys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i dont want to do anything that will mess up the receiver and take me forever to fix........just want my kids to be happy and have tv to watch

Gold Member

Post Number: 2068
New To FTA : Can you not do a Blind scan on each of the two satellites? You should be able to. Ypu have BIN 290T.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2069
Eatfish: I was not talking to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
i cant do a blind scan on them 2 sats......they are not on the selected sat list. but they are on the antenna setup list but i cant do anything with them there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
OK Nalin take an hour instead of 5 minutes. Dude sounds to me like you need to start over.
Reset receiver and instal echo 7 and echo 8 then do a scan should work.
Reseting factory defaults is basically just reseting the system I have had to do it many time with a 2500 clone in the past.
does nothing to f up the receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2070
You have to get them on the selected list.
menu/installation/antenna setup Selct Echo 7. Enter th eright window. Make sure you have your port selected. Exit. It will ask you to say OK or Exit. Say OK. The satellite will be selected and it will have a little mark there. Same with Echo 8.1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
as you know i am new.......if i reset how do i add echo 7 and 8 back on it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2071
Eatfish: Go to LK - he is out marauding looking for some action. He probably needs his medication and more help than this guy does.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Nalin.......thats what i am saying.....it wont let me select them in the antenna setup menu......it wont let me select any of them.....its like there are too many selected already and wont let me select any more

Gold Member

Post Number: 2072
Robert: I am sorry I have to leave now. These meddlers will not let anybody function on this site.
I have given enough instructions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2073
Robert: Go to each one of the others that you say are selcted and make sure the DisEqC is set to none in each of them.
The DisEqC should read 1 or 2 in the two satellites you need - not in any other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
you have given me instructions to do what i have already done.......in the blind scan menu it doesnt have echo 7 or 8 and in the antenna munu it wont let me add them either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2074
You should also go into channel edit and delete all scanned channels before doing a blind scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i already did that the last time....is there any way to delete the selected sats from the list on the right side of the installation screen?

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
ok reset factory defaults go into instalation select echo7 make sure all #s are correct and there will be an option to scan use that option.
then do the same on echo 8

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
third time I have told you this do it it will work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8046
yeah nalin...I'm looking to boot some junk tonite!....LMAO...what a fricking wacko she is!

Instructions?...how about help or provide information to a person...NOT Instruct!...ONLY U use the word "Instructions", like U are some authority figure!...Your ego is amazing!...."I instruct you to do this"....LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok......do you know the default password for the factory setting menu?

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
0000 should be the password

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
LK I agree does she even test fta receivers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
a screen came up and says press ok to delete or press exit

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
press ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok.....what should the DiSEqC be on them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
now go to instalation find echo 7 highlight it and hit Ok lnb freq should be 11250 and diseq # should correspond with the # on your switch either 1 or 2.
go down to the option to scan on this screen and hit ok it will do a scan of the sat for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
we have an ice storm here right now......if the diseqc is wrong will it not bring up any channels?
dont realle was to go outside.....cant remember whick one is which.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
oh.....and does the skew matter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
if you get it wrong you will know channels wont come in.
echo 7 has hbo espn tlc not many ppv
echo 8 has alot of ppv
an ice storm well thats probably why you cannot get any channels to scan in
but do the scan look for these channels
if it does not work I would say wait till morning and clean off your dish and rescan.
besides too much tv is not good for kids let them go outside and enjoy the ice.
lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2075
To delete a satellite from selected list.
Go to Menu/Installation/Antenna set up. Scroll down to the satellite. right arrow (volume up) key toggles it from selected to desected and deselected to selected, wheras OK key let you edit details in the right window.
Have fun.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Nalin way past that do you read obviously not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Eatfish............yeah.....they prolly would want to go outside and plat in the ice......i dont know if the ice is effecting it or not.....had the other receiver hooked up earlier and it was fine. Then the guy came and got it.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1299
Yes !The skew is very important,...now that your a newb and played everybody for a fool,lol..it's ,FU*k u!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8048
eatfish...no she isn't a TESTER...hell, she had to copy and paste the info above...she don't know about FTA!....just likes to hear herself talk...she's an ego tripper!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
its bringin in channels so far....10% done and have 45 channels so far........i appreciate your help...now my kids wont be pissed at me. Thanx so much.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
Classic ,trouble makers and idiots,somebody had to help both .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
satscanner.......how did i play everyone for a fool? i didnt do anything wrong.....just wanted to get my tv fixed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
cool no problem new to fta Now just do the same with echo 8 and remember to start one thread there are alot of troublemakers that come to this site.
Next time start one thread and wait someone will help.
enjoy the ice we are supposed to get hammered tommorow but with snow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
LK I say if you dont test why are you here. There are problems that occur that cut and paste works and other problems like this one that you need to have the hands on experience testing. Nalin if you dont test go find a forum where they discuss things you actually do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
eatfish.....i will only do one thread next time... i appoligize for any trouble i caused......i didnt mean to...just wanted cartoons for the kids....using the outside antenna sux....only get 2 channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
Eat fish...continue on...by all means...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
I will when I can get Nalin online. I dont like repeating myself but dont come here and give advice when you dont really know what you are talking about. It gives the FTA community a bad name when people like Nalin give advice and just lead people in circles as you can read above by her posts.
New to FTA
good luck to you in the future and happy testing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
if i have any more problems should i just use this thread?

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
only if it is the same problem I believe there is a thread here for the receiver you have just scroll down and find it, each new post brings back up to the top of the list. Or start a new thread with your specific problem in the title.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thank you eatfish for realizing that she wasnt gonna be able to help me and stepping in and getting it done.....you are a life saver.

Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 8
New To FTA ..yes you can or you can open another new thread if you want...this is a free country..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ok.....thank you very much

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
did it work I am waiting to see if you got all your channels back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Eatfish.....44% done on echo 8......the way it looks it is gonna be good......got over 150 on echo 7 and i have 175 right now on echo 8 so far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
cool glad to help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
been stuck on 44% for a bit though

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
it will take some time just be patient go have a smoke or a coffee it will be done by the time you get back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
ok........still on 44% tho......been on there for the last five post that we have sent. The other one didnt take this long.....just makin sure nothin is wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8051
call me a fool, but now i think that this guy "New to FTA" is just ignorant of FTA and how to use forums..and really should go and READ at another site with manuals, guides and how to's..he says his old receivers (his buds) worked fine so dish must be aligned ok, and just needs to learn some basic receiver features and options for now..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
so you are pretty much calling me ignorant for thinking that since it worked on my friends ultra na the dish should work on mine. Its just common sense that if the dish is pointed and is working and you change receivers then it should work on that one too. Nothing changed but the reciever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
eatfish....you still around?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8053
thats NOT what I said!...I said U are ignorant to FTA , using DSS satellite forums, and using FTA receivers..all newbies are!..thats OK, its how U act and react that matters..

and U are wrong...FTA receivers are NOT plug N Play...just cause 1 works doesn't mean the other will just by plugging it in!...as u just learned!...now If U want trouble, then U came to the right place and guy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
never said that i wanted trouble......i know that i dont know too much about FTA and forums....i showed that when i made more than one thread. Just clarifying what you said......and i know they are not plug n play.....have to have the right bin and then scan the birds. Thats why i was here....it wouldnt let me scan the birds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
and why would i still be at 44% with the same amount of channels.......been on 44% for about 10 mins now.

Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 9
try a polarity=Vertical scan to see if it go to 100%

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2156
This thread was originally opened by Richard who posted:

I Have a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic Ultra, the selected satellite box has new and when i try to pick that sats i need it wont let me. Can anyone help me please.

Ironically the first person assumed it was a Fortec Liftime Ultra and he clearly said Classic and Ultra in the description. So Richard - What type receiver????

By the way, there are very few testers here. Most of what some people post is nothing but Cut and Past from others and then argue that what they say is correct... If the shoe fits -- You know the rest....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2157
I can only hope he didn't flash that receiver with a 290T bin if he had a Classic. Some people should take the time to ask questions before recommending something to others and then causing them problems because the simply thought they knew it all...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
It is a fortec star lifetime ultra.....and it has the 290T auto on it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
did it work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Eatfish....didnt bring in all the channels.....only have 2 ppv and dont have my locals.....cant really tell about any others.....any suggestions

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
I am sorry I left last night got really tired. It should work with a blind scan now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
thats no prob.......i fell asleep while it was scanning. So i should delete all the channels and then do a blind scan on each bird?

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
if it worked on ech0 7 dont do that one just do the sat that didnt work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2160
There too many posts here so I'm not going to read them all, but what sats are you pointed at?

If you are only getting two pay per views then you are only getting channels from 119. You may want to check your antena alignment and configurations.

I also have a post for a perfect scan under the thread "DishPro and DishProPlus". You can use this methos to scan and will eliminate getting diplucate channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i appreciate the info PRFRMNJ.....

eatfish....yeah...i rescanned last night cause it stayed at 44% for about 30 mins so i exited and did a network scan on both birds.....got over 200 on echo 7......no locals....2 ppvs....so i will do a blind scan on ecgo 8

Username: Dambpot

Post Number: 5
Hi
I have Pansat 2500 clone..2 days ago lost all PPv's
with 289T,I tried re load 290T.doesnt work even less channels,no interntionals...Any suggestions..?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us