Need help with fortec..please

Bronze Member
Username: Mustang88

Post Number: 27
I have a fortec star...lifetime ultra..I need aloader and a bin but not sure which ones I should us....the lifetime loader or the ultra loader... or the fortec star loader can someone help me please

Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 3
terry..http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-ultra-files-font-b/

X-85BL_DN_B_070203_290T_api.zip
Blacklist Updater 1.4.0.0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thunder...can you help me with the use of the uploader or where I can find info on this....ty

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2042
The loader to use is BL updater 1.4. You will find it at the same site as the BIN and you will find the instructions as well. Look at Fortec section. You may also find the updater in the Pansat or Pantec section.
Make sure you unzip files before using.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2154
1. You will need a 9 pin F/F cable - for Fortecs it is a straight DB9 RS232 cable.
2. Download the 290T BIN. Unzip it using winzip.exe
3. Download BL Updater 1.4

NOTE: This next step is optional and only if your receiver will not reach the computer where it is located at. YOU WILL NEED TO DISCONNECT THE STB FROM THE WALL BEFORE THIS NEXT STEP.

4. Disconnect the cable from the LNB or Switch coming into your receiver.

NOTE: You will need to reconnect the power cable to the wall after you have disconnected all LNB cables.

5. Keep the receiver off and connect the DB9 cable to the receiver and computer.
6. Start (Run) BL Updater. Default COM1 should be OK in most case, but if it does not work you can change it to COM 2.
7. Select BIN and get the 290T Bin ready in the window for uploading.
8. Turn your receiver on from the back and allow it to complete its BOOT Sequence.
9. Once you see the "ON" on the front display, turn it off from the front.
10. Now commence your download and wait until it is completed and the receiver has shut off and powered back on.
11. Disconnect the receiver, connect it to the LNB or Switch and turn it on.
12. Let the autoroll work - if it does not, turn autoroll off. Make sure the time and zone settings are correct. If necessary, install the keys manually.
13. Scan your satellite if necessary.

It is very important that you follow these in order to avoid getting night rider lights!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Thanks for everyones help,,I like this site because people all work together here so we can all watch TV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us