Viewsat ultra/ viewsat extreem / dishpro twin

Username: Tulipnoire

Hong kong

Post Number: 9
Ultra/ Dp Twin Dp Lnb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i used ultra or viewsat extreem . with dish 500 with twin lnb dishpro ( fat head dish pro)
only if i power from both sides then i can have 119 and 110 work . but if i run only one cable it will take whatever side i run it from . if i run it from 110, it will take only 110 and if i run it from 119 i will have only 119. im using diseqc using other sat as nimiq and echo 3. any suggsetion thanx . ( using the twin legacy i have no problem)

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7991
That makes NO sense!...so u are saying on your TWIN, that BOTH outputs work but the signal is ONLY 1 satellite and that signal differs based upon which output U use, correct?...makes absolutely no sense unless the internal switch was bad,.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7992
BTW...when U use the Dish pro Twin, are U telling the receiver that info, in your dish settings?

and how about when U use the Twin legacy, do u change the settings then too?

and 119-#1...110-#2...61.5-#3
type-Dish Pro
power ON
etc..

Bronze Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 65
lk i meant using dish pro lnb for 110 and 119 the (fat head dish pro) and not the 2 single ones . if i power with one cable coming from the fat head it will take only one sat not 2.as i stated the one that is picked is the one that the wire come from to the diseqc unless i run 2 cables from the fat head. and yes im using viewsat diseqc cause i have nimiq1.3 and i have echo3 . and 97w
see this is the most confusing part for you lk :
if u are familiar with the viewsat in the menu if using twin legacy , there is an option for twin legacy lnb1#119 and twin legacy lnb2#110 plus i assign the diseqc number which is the number of the port that the cable is hooked to .
but in the case of the fat head dish pro there only ocs-dp that's what you assign to both 110 and 119 there is no ocs-dp1 and ocs-dp2 :-)
so the number of the port in diseqc is also the number that the cable is hooked to for both sats. that's what make's is not acceptable unless i run 2 cables an assign 2 difference disqc port. take in consideration that
my disqc has only 4 port :
one for echo3
one for nimq1.3
one for intel5/97w
the one that left is for 110/119. so do u get my point . and im saying this becuz im testing it and im not newbie.
i hope there is solution to this cuz i have lot of customer that has dishpro fat head combined with other sats.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2152
Cartier - Eliminate the DISEcQ switch. You don't need it. Go to my thread about DishPro and DishProPlus LNB's. You'll find the correct setup for these. DishPro Twin has a built in switch so you don't need to use a DISEcQ switch. Just a cable fromt he LNB to your receiver with the setup LK posted above.

People this is not that hard. Just go read the above thread and learn a little about these LNBs. THERE IS NO SWITCH NEEDED WHEN USING THIS TYPE OF LNB...

PLEASE READ THAT THREAD AND LEARN A LITTLE ABOUT THESE LNB'S.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7998
If U do use a disque switch due to having other LNB's for other sats, then U must NOT put cable into port #2, since the 119 and 110 will be using BOTH those ports as far as the receiver is concerned...so U put the DP Twin into port #1, 61.5-#3, 91-#4..and then U're sucking wind with 97W unless U use a 2nd disque...U can NOT input 5 sats into a 4 port disque...even though U only use 1 cable from the DP Twin, its 2 sat signals still occupy both ports #1 (119) and #2 (110)...I have explained this to U, Tulip aka cartier, 50 times already!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
the question was on purpose to lk
this is the question that you did not answer correct to day i asked .it was a long time ago . and tha's how we started the fight.
you were rude and un professional . and you are now a liar. you did nor answer it 50 times. you still dont know how to answer questions . so for poepel who are doing a race on how many post you will score stop your bs here .
lk im sorry but you missed the answer and you still dont wann admit it ,. go back to your archive you will see how u answer it .
i dont understand you poeple ,when someone ask question .you say whatever to fill up the page . and i dont know why in your mind you always think that poepel are watching only 110/119 ahahahah so you always ask them no to pull the cable stright to the reciever.
. PRFRMNJ
thanx for trying to help and doing great search about dp/dpp/and dp switch . but please poepel when they ask question fopr whatever reason does not mean they dont rwad . i did read the post you had before you copied it and pasted it.
im doing lot experiences and test. im not stuck with dp lnb ,i have box of lnb that i play with . so dont suggest to poeple to go to the post about dp . we all know how to do it.
PRFRMNJ i know how to use dp34 and get only 3 sat pr dp44 and get 4 sats but using dpp lnb's.
that was not the question . im not stupid to buy switch for 100 dollars and lnb's dpp for and other 100 so that PRFRMNJ be satisfied.
i want to use my cheap diseqc. with whatever i have lnbs and sat . so stick professionaly to the question.
after all you should know how to answer to question stright with no noise and with calm and respectuful attitude . i give u exemple about my question . this is how you should answer it :
if u use diseqc with dishpro lnb the fat head . you have to power from both sides using 2 cable becuz the diseqs does not overide the internal switch in twin dp .so only 2 more sat can be added with the diseqc .
very hell simple . and dont argue again so you can have more numbers in your score hahaha

im watching 6 sat using 1 diseqc and 2 twinlegacy lnb and 2 single lnb's

take care guys. if u wanna poeple to respect you . respect your self 1 st

no heurt feeling take care guys .thanx for your time .

Gold Member

Post Number: 8066
cartier aka tulip...I answered U correctly 50 times...today and previously...and U are the one who stated here that U have a DISH PRO TWIN LNB (which can only get 110-119, or 82-91)...so WTF are U talking about again?...

and if U already know the answers, why ask again?...and why tell us how to word things?...I believe people can UNDERSTAND clearly what we are saying, but your skills are obviously NOT in "written" communication..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
do me a favor lk. dont answer poeple when u are fuckingggggggggg drunk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
and dont read the post if u are drunk . i did not say that . there a biggggggggggggggg difference between twin dish pro and twinlegacy lnb . preak

Gold Member

Post Number: 8068
cartier...first, not drunk nor even had a drink in a very long time!...last year!

who said anything about the legacy and DP being the same or different, I didn't!

U and nalin sound very much the same...coincidence?..or just same illness?...I've been noticing that alot lately about her posts and your posts..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
so are you coming for the party or not? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8069
Didn't anybody tell U?...U never gave us your address and blew us off, so we had the party elsewhere without U..

Username: Papacito

Post Number: 3
LK......right now i have a fortec working...
and i'm moving to guadalajara mex....a friend of mine, tells me that he can get me a reciever, for DN....WILL IT WORK OVER THERE? of course if i get the rith antenna...and all

Gold Member

Post Number: 8072
Sure...u should have No problems with a FTA receiver or sub sharing with a DN receiver..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2164
Cartier and all who read this: If you have a DishPro Twin or Quad LNB you CANNOT use a DISEcQ Switch. Anyone claiming diferently really knows nothing about the matter. If you are using a DP34 then you run both lines from a DishPro Twin into it and a third line for a third LNB/Sat.

THERE IS NOT SUCH THING as a DP44. There is a DPP44 (Dish Pro Plus 44) and it is not compatible with a DishPro LNB.

Bottom Line ALL DishPro Twin or Quad as well as the DishProPlus Twin LNB's have a built in switch. THIS IS THE REASON YOU CANNOT USE A DISEcQ SWITCH WITH THEM... NUFF SAID....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us