PANSAT 2500 CLONE

Username: Manny180

PR Puerto Rico

Post Number: 3
I have the blacklist 1.3 loader and i was uploading the bin 290t and after a while it says write faild[ER1] NOTHING HAPPENS can someone help pls. thank you

Username: Jjmg

Post Number: 5
Are you using the correct cable? It's the straight one not the null. I always use blacklist 1.4 loader, no problems with 290t. There are some great instructions on how to load bins and what cables to use on this site. Look around, you'll learn a lot. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1320
Emmanuel...

You need the RS232 "Straight" cable, I will recommend you to use the 1.4 loader..the cable configuration is this....

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7791
FLASH failed is usually vaused by using either the wrong or defective flash cable (straight or null modem , they look identical)...or use of the wrong comport on computer and settings..

also most FTA receivers are NOT user friendly with USB ports with adapters on the cable, and are intended for use with older computers with serial ports....another common newbie problem is that they are trying to upload a .zip file without EXTRACTING the bin from it first, using winrar or winzip utility..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7792
FLASH failed is usually caused by using either the wrong or defective flash cable (straight or null modem , they look identical)...or use of the wrong comport on computer and settings..

also most FTA receivers are NOT user friendly with USB ports with adapters on the cable, and are intended for use with older computers with serial ports....another common newbie problem is that they are trying to upload a .zip file without EXTRACTING the bin from it first, using winrar or winzip utility..

PR Puerto Rico

Post Number: 4
thanks guys I was using the wrong cable. I had the cable I use for my pansat 2700A. Didnt know there was a different cable for the fortec. Thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Fidarahman

Post Number: 89
I think it is not the cable, please check your com settings, COM 1 or 2.......Emmanual

Bronze Member
Username: Wk66

Post Number: 16
Keep also in mind that when you open the bin file in your loader there must not be any additional letters or signs that would destort files name.If this happens you get the "flash failed" message.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1328
Emmanuel....

Good you finally found the problem...

The cable for Pansat 2700 is not the same as the one for the 2500....the 2700 uses the "Null modem" or "crossed cable"........the 2500 uses the "straight" cable as in the pic up here...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7804
Nice to see everyone contriubute and no bashing in a thread for a change..

congrats to U all of U...me too, LOL...I didn't bash anyone either..

emmanual, a 5 minute read before your post would have solved your problem...try reading first next time..

PR Puerto Rico

Post Number: 5
i always try to read first LK but in this case was a little lazy but thanks again got the box up and running.

Bronze Member
Username: Rtap

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 38
I've used the rs232 cable for both 3500 and my 2500 clone and never had a problem.whats the difference between both cables.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1346
RTAP....

These are the differences.........

Upload
Upload

Username: Warged

Post Number: 1
How do you find out if your 2500a is a clone or not?

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 46
if it doesn't say oansat 2500 outside then its a clone.Bin files for clones end with a (T)example
X-85bl 290t

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1968
Particularly for Pansat 2500A real or the clones, play it safe and use the clonesafe BIN file 289T or 290T. That way it does not matter if you have a clone or the real Pansat.

Bronze Member
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 34
Thanks for help me. Where can I get the Bin file 289T or 290T ?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1970
Fortec or Pantec section for the BIN
The above sections or Pansat section for BL updater 1.4 and for instructions.
Radio Shack or similar for straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
Follow the instructions explicitsly. Have computer literate help with you beofre you start if you think you might need help.
Always unzip the files before using them.
Best of luck

Username: Biflora

Post Number: 4
Anybody can help to locate 290T for a pansat 2500A clone?

Thank you

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 51
biflora you can get the bin in ftalife.com they have a section on clones.

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL MIAMI

Post Number: 52
al you need to do is register its free.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7904
Copy/Paste of Chancysand's post......

Moded with Tivo / Hughes ir codes
Good For ALL Clones

Please read:
It has been my distinct pleasure to have been able help keep our Fortecs alive for the past Year. As it seems that the Pansat 2500A files will soon come to an end I will no longer be able to support the Fortec Lifetime Ultra in the future. As long as there is still a release for the Pansat 2500A unit I will continue to do my best and make a safe file for use. At this time I would like to urge all to upgrade to another reciever while prices are still competitive. We have had a long run and I feel it is best to just move on. Newer boxes are what you should be looking for as they have so many new features that you have not been able to enjoy with your older units. I urge you not to buy another clone because of price because you will be constantly strugleing with the same issues.

Recievers that I am testing in order of my preference are as follows:
CW600sp and Extreme View Magnum
CW600s
Pansat 3500
Viewsat 7000
Coo*lsat 8000
Pansat 6000
Viewsat Ultra
Viewsat Platinium
Viewsat Xtreme
Coo*lsat 5000
Coo*lsat 6000

Please remember this is only my personal preference.

Enjoy!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-85BL_DN_Bev_070203_290T_api.zip

Direct link to the 290T bin...
[link removed]

Remove the * in the link...copy/paste into your browser...must register for FREE...loaders, bins, and manuals there too..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us