'No signal' error code on Magnavox MRV 660 DVD recorder

Username: Yzoldowl

Union Furnace, OH USA

Post Number: 1
I have tried everything and every conceivable hookup for this bloomin' thing and I still get 'No signal.' The DVD recorder in question is brand new in box, bought in late 2005 and just never tried to use 'til now. TV is a Toshiba 26DF56 on a Dish DVR 510.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3305
Connect the DVR to the DVD with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 567
Just try to understand you
You got:
- Magnavox MRV 660 DVD recorder
- Toshiba 26DF56 TV
- Dish net receiver DVR 510

Try something simple first:
Use 3 input RCA cable (Y/R/W) out from dish receiver to input (Y/R/W same cable) to your DVD recorder Port #1. Another 3 input cable from Magnavox Recorder Port#1 to your TV.

If you use input port#1 in your DVD recorder find out on your remote to enable input#1 you may have to consult your manual on how to enable input using remote control.

You may not see any signal if you havn't selected input#1 on your Magnavox DVD recorder.
Good Luck

Union Furnace, OH USA

Post Number: 2
Thanx guys, I am reeeeally tech challenged here. This is the hookup that 'da book' calls for as being 'best,' and right now I also have an s-video and CVBS (yellow-white-red) set hooked up right alongside it. Tried the same hookup on In-Ext 1 and 2 and still, nothing. I am beginning to think maybe the ________ recorder is not compatible with the rest of my equipment?Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
I don't think it is the recorder
I told you how to do an easy hook-up. Use the 3 next to it on top of each other

Yellow, White, Red
In-EXT-1 (from dish receiver)to Out-1 (to your TV)
Change input selection on remote control (won't work unless select input)

Union Furnace, OH USA

Post Number: 3
Okey-dokey, let's see if this ol' tech-challenged farmer has it straight: the antenna cables are in the right spots, correct? That's Receiver-DVD-TV in that sequence. Now, I want to put a yellow-white-red set on 'Output 1' on the receiver, and connect that to 'In-Ext 2' on the DVD? Or 'Out 2'?

Silver Member

Post Number: 571
You can come out of the Dish receiver as Coax
Then you must select Coax/antenna as your input on remote

Or you can come out of Dish receiver as Y/W/R to In-Ext1, then you must select In-Ext1 on your remote.

Your DVD recorder doesn't know which one is your input unless you specify where does your signal come from. This is why you ain't getting a signal

Union Furnace, OH USA

Post Number: 4
Darn it! I tried it off of one side then the other from my Dish receiver -- and still get "No Signal"! Remote menu does not give me any option for where the signal comes from, I guess that would be in the initial setup where the machine detects the settings itself? But I can't find where to re-run that option. I am just that close to throwing the durn' thing out in the snow!!! }

Union Furnace, OH USA

Post Number: 5
WOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!! Cel-a-brate!!! I actually got it to WORK at last! Many thanks, guys I couldn't-a done it without you!}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us