Entering Service Menu on Sony KF-60XBR800

Username: Luigi_sutinni

Post Number: 1
Hello
I have an older Sony set. Model year is 2003.
I need to get into the service menu. The picture has ghosting. It is very noticeable on text.
Using the "auto" settings in the user menu does not correct this nor do any of the other settings offered such as 1, 2 or 3. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Username: Orionkhan

Post Number: 5
Louis,

I've got the same TV and similar problem. Mine is noticeable on HD channels. I found this on another board.

<<Well, folks. I finally got tired of steaming and took matters into my own hands. This fix is not for the faint of heart.

1. On main menu set image revision to 1.
2. Go into service menu.
3. Find category D-GM TG.
4. Find variable 1 name POS CTL.
5. Possible values are 0 - 15. Choose the value that best fixes your ghost images. I changed mine from 1 to 4.
6. Save the new value.

Please note: entering the service menu voids whatever warranty you may have remaining, and there are over a thousand control parameters in there. If you don't know what you're doing, pay a service tech to do it. You can really screw this TV up if you change the wrong values or do this at random. I am now watching a perfect picture with no red fringe ghosting whatsoever. >>

I haven't tried it yet. I've got an extended service warranty. I'll try that first.

Wade
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us