Is this a bargain?

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 252
My local flea market is selling Viewsat Xtreme receivers for $185.00 CDN, in a special Valentine Sale.
I'm still on the Pansat 2500 clone which, according to various members, is soon to be useless and out of memory. Is the Viewsat Xtreme a good purchase for its given price?

Bronze Member
Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 17
You can get C*olsats on ebay for around $129 canadian. Mine works great.

Bronze Member
Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 38
From all accounts, the Viewsat is a much better receiver. If you're upgrading, then invest in a good unit.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 254
Absolutely, I've always heard nothing but praise mainly around the Viewsat, moreso than any other receiver. But do you think the special sale price of $185 CDN for the Viewsat Xtreme is reasonable? Just wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 272
i can get it for 200 in ottawa can extreme my budy got one i went to his house last night to help him get it working it is working good but i do not think it is better then cw600p the coloer on cw is better cw is faster to load and if you have to put in keys its much faster and cost 110 can not a clone great support great price keep up the good work cw and team

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7557
www.globalwholesalers.biz are very reasonable and do NOT sell clones as genuine..I myself prefer the Viewsats, especially the Ultra..Magnum is next, IMO..

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
lk have you ever did any testing with the cw600p just wondering i put both boxes on the tv cw pictures looks sharper then the viewsat extreme my buddy is not happy cost him 200 can and cw 110 the only thing is cw is slower at changing one or 2 sec delay on channel change no big deal and cw is first out with new bins last 2times or is it 3 ? good going cw

Gold Member

Post Number: 7560
Have u ever TESTED the VS Ultra? ...(TEST does NOT mean watched it once)...I wasn't bashing CW...are U trying to insinuate I don't know CW and FTA receivers?....whats your point?

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
just wondering not trying to get you mad and no i did not test ultra but did play with the extreme and did not think it is worth 200 i can do more with my cw and it cost 110 i think cw got the best box for the doller and one more thing what do you think about the new cw3000 coming out i think on the 28 of this month im thinking of geting one thanks have a nice day

Gold Member

Post Number: 7562
bruce..I'm not mad, and still don't know your point...CW is alright, not bad, not great, IMO...any FTA receiver is a BARGAIN monetarily, if it works and gets U FREE TV..a UHF/VHF air antenna is a BARGAIN too, since thats Free also..

I myself see no need to have 900 channels, when most people/families including myself usually only watch the same 5-30 all the time...and HD and TV are not that important to me..

I would never BUY a new make/model box, until after the hardware and software bugs are worked out...luckily for me, I am provided new boxes to TEST before they go on market..IMO, the QUALITY software support is #1, then the box speed and features are what make a specific receiver better than another.. and a US $40 price difference is immaterial, when saving $100-$300 per month on a monthly subscription bill... but I am a hobbyist, and actually also subscribe, since FTA is a hobby with no guarantees..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1801
The extreme at Can 185 is slightly high priced. I just bought a Sonicview 4000 for a memeber of family for Can $220 including GST and PST. The Viewsat ultra would have been Can $245 from the same dealer.
The ultra or the sonicview 4000 are certainly better machines.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1022
Spend the extra few bucks and get the ultra,you'll be happier in the long run.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 856
You could go to the Viewsat homepage, viewsatusa.c@m and check out the dealers list to price them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us