40" LCD SONY Monitor

Username: Likwidsukr

USA

Post Number: 1
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=FLb1dKYJSN!-2073726218?O=5999&A=details&Q=&sku=418912&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation
I have a 40" Sony Tunerless LCD Monitor.HDTV. It is a Bravia. KLV40U100.
I am only running RCA cables. I have yet to hook up HD. I have a Satellite (Non HD) box that I run the red, yellow, and white cables. My regular TV Looks good but the 40" looks bad. No sharp lines. Blurry.
I also have a new progressive scan DVD player and it looks bad as well. Do you have to run HD to get a decent picture or do i have to use additional cables besides the HD cable that I neeed to get? What about the DVD player?

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Pkmaven

Boynton Beach, FL United States

Post Number: 11
The old analog cables and connections don't cut it with high resolution flat panel displays. HDMI connectivity smokes "S" cable connections, but it must begin with a receiver which allows plug in from cable box (HDMI), dvd (DVP-HDMI)and has an output (HDMI) to connect to lcd or plasma. If the flat panel does not have an HDMI input you can connect with a DVI cable end. HDMI stands for "high definition media interface". You cannot use old ananlog technology with digital. Next year the U.S. will go full digital and there will be no more analog produced. P.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us