HL-P5063W GHOSTING

Username: 60adante

Post Number: 1
I have a 2 year (25 months) old HL-P5063W rear projection DLP tv. I did not have any problem with the tv, except yesterday that the picture appearing on the TV has double images. I called Samsung and was told that it is called GHOSTING, also told me that it's out of warranty. Anybody knows what is the problem and how & how much to fix it.

Post Number: 2
Anybody that could help ?

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1032
Need more info.
What signal source?
Cable box? Sat box? Off-air?
Digital signal or analog?
Do other inputs like DVD or gaming "ghost" too?

Component video cables or DVI cable?

Post Number: 3
FYI - thanks for responding.
The signal is coming from the cable box (Motorola DCT 3416 Dual Tuner DVR). It is connected by component video cable. It is getting digital and analog signal - both are having the "ghost". When I played the DVD it is giving me the "ghost" too. I tried to unplug the cable box and also the TV but is still giving me the problem.
FYI - thank you. I have seen your messages and has been very impress with the knowledge that you have.

Gold Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1034
That doesn't sound very good.
I'd press the issue with Samsung. Escalate past the naysayers. If you are the original owner, there is a level that will work with you. Be polite, but very persistent.

Post Number: 4
FYI:
Thanks.
I called Samsung, yesterday, and was told that my case will be evaluated by their Executive Customer Relations. Was given a Ticket No. and was told that they will call me back within 3 to 5 working days. Hope they will cover the cost of the repair.

Post Number: 5
Samsung's Executive Customer Relations asked me to submit a written Repair Estimate. Their authorized service center was here this afternoon and told me that they need to replace the DMD board. The estimate was $800 (parts, labor, transportation). I will submit this estimate to Samsung tomorrow. Hopefully they will shoulder the repair cost. The TV is 2 years old and out of warranty.

Username: Omalley2001

Hephzibah, Georgia United States

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone.
I have a Samsung HLN5065WX DLP rear projection TV that I purchased in 10/03. The TV has performed flawlessly up until a couple of weeks ago. I notice that the Motorola HD cable box would shutoff for several seconds then come back on by itself. This would happen every 10-15 minutes. The cable technician came out to troubleshoot-used three different cable boxes only to achieve the same results. Unplugged TV hoping it would reset but same problem. He selected a different component connection on the TV for the HD component video but netted the same results. The TV would not recognize the HD component video cable connection from the cable box. Sound is okay. Also the TV would make a high pitch squealing noise on the HD channels as if it was trying to fine tune channels. At first I was able to receive several HD channels in High Def while other HD channels displayed a "Not Supported Mode" prompt without a picture. But eventually all HD channels displayed the same "Not Supported Mode" prompt w/o a picture. Called 1-800-Samsung and described to tech support what was happening;he suggested calling a repair techincian. Luckily, I purchased an extended warrenty from BB that's good until 10/07. Cable guy disconnected the HD component video cables from cable box, maintained direct cable feed into the box then into the TV, and the TV receives all channels including HD channels, but w/o the High Def. Later, the repairman arrived and connected the DVD cable into the three different component connections on the TV and they all recognized the DVD player, but not the HD component video from the cable box. So the repairman wanted to take the TV to his shop on the back of his pickup, but I wouldn't allow it. I plan to call BB in the a.m. for more options. Any thoughts?

Post Number: 6
Samsung is out of stock for DLP lamp for model HLP5063WX/XAA. They are on back order for 4 to 6 weeks. Could anybody suggest a reliable dealer for Samsung DLP lamps. The Samsung Part No. is BP96-00826a.

Gold Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1052
http://search.ebay.com/samsung-lamp_W0QQfromZR40
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us