Mitsubishi VS50501A Hourglass Prob

Username: Rj18181a

Post Number: 2
Hello, I was hopeing someone here could help me, I have the hour glass effect on my VS-50501A Mitsubishi, I assume it is the chips but most every other model shows 2 where I have 3 on the long heat sink mounted to the side wall on the right from the rear. The Picture does have the hour glass look and also of course is blurry.
I found no help at the mit web site so was hopeing someone here could help. Does anyone know the part number for these chips? And also, where can I buy them from? Thanks in advance, Ron Jennings RJ18181A@AOL.COM

Username: Veasnalong

Fresno, Calofornia Usa

Post Number: 7
You may need to replace STK392-xxx chips fist take it out and take alook at the chip part # then do google search for that part # am sure you will find something.If you have Three chips with the same part # just replace them all this way you don;t guessing unless you have service manual am assume you know about Hi voltage before you tuch and make sure check and resolder bad solder joint.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the reply, I changed all 3 chips with same type from Electronix.Com, was very hopeful but met with same results. The solder points are all clean and was an easy swap. The chips are located on a large, slide out panel on the side, before replacing I noticed that the former chips got barely warm, same with the new chips. A tech told me there is a Pico fuse for each chip on the main chassis and that one or more probably is now open due to one or more of the original chips failing. I do have the service manual but no schematic, I have ordered one from China (The slow boat, it has been 2 weeks now LOL.)
So now, until I get the schematic, the tech said that the fuses resemble a resistor without the markings, and most are light green. This seems probable as the new chips still do not get warm even after running for hours. I guess for now I have to wait for that boat to get here to track the fuses down. The original chips still had good connections with none "wobbling" like I had read some had problems with. The solder on the new ones went easy enough with no pads lifted and clean connections, so when the schematic makes it here, the search is on.
Thanks Again for the reply.
Ron

Fresno, Calofornia Usa

Post Number: 8
Ron,

Try to go here mabe SKSLVNV (Steve) can answer your question since i don't have Schematic its hard for me to answer. Steve may have more knowledg or he may have Schimatic and can answer question.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/143561.html

Post Number: 4
Thank You, I will give it a try,
Ron

Fresno, Calofornia Usa

Post Number: 9
Ron,

I just found this below:

Make : Mitsubishi
Model : VS50501A
Problem : Set will open pico fuse Z905 (-24V supply to Convergence) after a
couple minutes. Convergence looks good .....till the fuse opens!

I see several tips on diodes D909 (FR302) and D908 (SF64) and D913 (SF64)
opening up or becoming leaky and causing Z905 to open.

Veasna,

Post Number: 5
Veasna,

Thanks for the tips, at least now have some more leads to follow, I sent a message to Steve with a description of the problem so may get his feedback also. This thing gave no warning, in the middle of viewing just lost convergence, I was like 100% the chips would do the trick so wwas at a loss when that fell through, I was also told that Mit parts are super keen on tolerances and that aftermarket parts generally do not work, on the other hand, there are a lot of success rates with people who did as I did.
I was going to try the chips again just to chance it before discarding the whole set. I would only be out another 25.00 and know for sure that it was not them. Was waiting on checking the Picos before that and really stuck till the schematic gets here.
I am going to pull the Convergence panel, and chassis again and see if the board has the diodes labeled,if so, can check them and may find the Pico's close by.

Thanks Again For The Help!

Ron

Fresno, Calofornia Usa

Post Number: 10
Ron,

Steve has sugested to buy I.C from MCM Electronic cost just $3-4 higher,,,, from some other place not be good due to spooky parts and tolerance.

Veasna,

Post Number: 6
Will do,, I thought that may be worth a shot, will get to it in a day or so, Thanks Again Veasna, And let Steve know I appreciate it also.
Ron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ron,

I just wrote an email to electronix.com
regarding Original part. Here is the reply back from the sale see below:

These are NOT original. They are generic replacements. We do not
carry the originals.

thank you,
sales

veasna Long wrote:
> Is this Part Part# : STK392-570 that you have was Original Sanyo part? I have
read online forum regarding this part did not work with Mitsubishi rea
projection TV due to not Original Sanyo part. Please provide me some information
I just want to make sure before I oder this part and hate to return if not
Original Part.
>
> Thank you,

Post Number: 7
veasna,
Thanks, when I got your message yesterday I went to MCM's website and ordered 3 new chips, They are Sanyo.
I will swap them out when they get here but I am betting the fuse(s) are also probably open, at least 1 or more. The diode numbers you gave me may help in finding the fuses, they are probably close to the diodes, If I can not find them, hopefully the schematic will be here in next couple of days. Steve also emailed me and said that he would see if he could locate anything in his schematics. I will be getting back into it as soon as the new chips arrive.
Thanks Again for the help :-)
Ron

Username: Vin1x

Post Number: 1
Hi Ron,

I seem to have similar problem on my Mitsubishi VS50501A where picture seems to be hour glass shape/concave and blurry. It happened after my 1yr old was randomly playing with buttons on the panel. I tried to fix using convergence on the menu but it seems the problem is bigger than that.

I will probably have to call the technician. Wanted to ask if you were able to get the issue resolved and any idea on the cost. Thanks for your help!

Vin

Post Number: 8
Vin,
I changed convergence chips twice, thought the first set were possibly inferior. No luck there, I got a schematic on the chassis and located the 3 Pico fuses and they checked out ok (Were not open). They are located on the main board, towards the front, almost center and are printed on the circuit board. The diodes are right off the fuses so I pulled one leg on each and they too are ok but I tested w/o load.
When I get the time I plan on soldering a lead to each one, power up, and see if they are putting -24 volts to the convergence board. I got several estimates from 200+ to come out and just estimate, and from 50+ if I pull the chassis and bring in. If I get nowher on the diodes I will give up, it is 10 years old now and 3-400 (minimum if I am lucky) would be better off going towards a new TV. There are pass codes on your remote that lead to technical menues that are not intended for consumers, I found this out in the schematic/manual but it did me no good.

Ron

Username: Kandij12

I have a Mitsubishi model VS50501A and am having a problem with the TV just going black - the power is still on. I turn it off for about 30 minutes and it will come back on and sometime it will stay on with no further problems and other times it will go back off. Suggestions?

Username: Taz1mia2

I have an issue with the same model (Mitsubishi model VS50501A ). My problem is that when I turn the power on a few seconds later it turns off. I get no picture or anything. Any ideas of what the problem might be ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us