Samsung HL-R6768W problems

Username: Gill7

Post Number: 1
About one year ago purchased a Samsung DLP TV
Model # HL-R6768W
It cost me just under $5000.00 with extened warranty
Registered with Samsung on line and got and extended warranty period
Making my warranty with Samsung 15 months
After 11 months the TV stop working,picture froze ,then a loud noise, with a winding sound
Called Samsung and they came after 2 weeks, and replace a part they called the light engine.
The Tech said that they were have problems with the light engine
The part cost approx. $1200.00 to $1500.00
After 4 months and 2 weeks the TV stoped working again,(picture below) Samsung said it is out of warranty.
Luckily I also purchased an extended warranty. that uses Samsung for repairs.
They said the light engine needed to be placed,the part is on back order,and don't know when they will get the part.
I am now stuck with a TV that cost me thousands of dollars and not working after 1 year
After reading a few forums on line,Samsung has a big problem with the light engine
How can Samsung be allowed to sell a product costing thousands of dollars to customers, that last just over a year if that long.
Upload

Post Number: 3
Its going on a month now and my
Samsung 67" DLP rear projection(HL-R6768W),still have not been fixed
The part needed is a Light Engine,it's on back order,with no estimated time from Samsung
Samsung is haveing alot of problems with DLP Light Engine.
This is going on the third light engine on my 1year old tv.
The first one the color wheel blew apart.
The second light engine the color wheel started to making noises,and the screen became a grainy black and white image on half the screen
Upload

Post Number: 4
When my Samsung 1080p 67" was working I am very happy with the picture(amazing),and thats before it was calibrated.
Now I am disappointed,I did not spend thousands of dollars on a TV to last just over a year
Yet Samsung will not state there is a problem, with the DLP Light Engines
Problems with the color wheel coming apart,taking out blubs etc.which is all located in the light engine
Picture Below is of the Light Engine,when it was changed the first time

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1029
Escalate to Executive Customer Relations.
Ask politely for a new model. Be firm, but polite. With your set's history, they will replace the set with a new "S" model.

Post Number: 5
that would be nice
Well try
thanking you fyi

Username: Daco63

Michigan USA

Post Number: 6
Hello gil,
Did you get your set fixed? If so, can you share some details of what they did?
Dave

Post Number: 7
I did as FYI recommend (thank you FYI)and called Samsung,they gave me a ref.# and asked me to fax the estimate from the service company, and they would present it to the Executive Customer Relations for review.About 2 hours later I received a call from the service company for my area ,they had gotten the part They came to my home that same day and replaced the complete light engine assem. it took approx. 5 minutes. Wow showed as when the set was new,I calibrated it using dve.
After approx. 3 weeks has gone by and I started to get a shaded bar on the left edge of the screen that last about half a second then goes away for a few hours or so Called Samsung explained what was going on and gave them the ref. #,Samsung said that they had reviewed my file and that they would be giving me an exchange unit HLS 6767 W This as you know made me happy.I then went on line to compare the spec. with my HLR 6768 W ,I did not feel too happy .Called Samsung again after spending approx. 20 minutes on the phone with them They told me that I can get the an upgrade to the HLS 7178 W but it would cost me $250.00 I need not to say I accepted I am now waiting for delivery.will let you guys know how it work.

gill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us