RCA HD50LPW62A NOISE

Username: Cliff7

Ladson, SC USA

Post Number: 1
I have the above model RCA. Picture is great, but since December I have a loud buzzing noise that is getting progressivly worse. RCA no help line basicly told me to turn up the volume. The noise does not come from the speakers. If the lamp door is open there is no noise. A friend said it could be the fan, however the fan is the same type used in computers and I have never heard one of those make this kind of noise.
Any Ideas??
Cliff

Username: Robinson81

Post Number: 1
I have the same model listed (HD50LPW62A). My bulb has burned out. I still have warranty. I already sent my old bulb back to Thomson, who ever they are. I'm waiting for my replacement. They say its not in stock and they don't know when it will be available. I'm out of a TV. The customer service people at Thomson are not nice. I keep requesting a number for RCA. I can't get anywhere. I shelled out 1800 for my TV. I can't believe I can't get better service. Anyone got any ideal?

Username: Cliff7

Ladson, SC USA

Post Number: 2
Robin, I have found through replies to my message that my noise is coming from the color wheel. My TV is out of warranty so I ordered the part from Tritronics they are a parts supplier and are very helpful http://www.wehaveparts.com/.
They may have the lamp you are looking for.
Cliff

Username: Robinson81

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply Cliff. I checked out the site you suggested. The replacement bulb is $500 bucks. I will just have to wait until the warranty department sends me a new replacement bulb. If I spend $500 bucks, it will be on a new TV with better reviews. I wish I had done my homework better before purchasing this RCA. Everyone needs to beware and get reviews before purchasing this set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us