Samsung HLN617w lamp replace and still doesn't work

Username: Nicknyc

Post Number: 1
I recently replaced the lamp for my dlp tv and am still getting the blinking green light on the front of the tv. The old lamp is obviously broken (shattererd inside the bulb) and the new one seems to be installed properly. Is there something obvious I could be missing before calling a service company and spending more money?

Username: Chrisman

Lockport, Illinois

Post Number: 2
I'll be watching your post - just had the same thing happened to me... bulb is on order. My wife turned on the set and said that she heard a 'pop' and then the screen went dead - then got all (3) leds on. Turned the set on and off a couple of times and got the same thing. Ordered the bulb and was just checking the old one to see how big of a job it was going to be to replace it and found on inspection that our bulb was shattered as you describe. Have you attempted to do the hard reset again as you described in your post? Shoot me a reply if you would as the tale unfolds - I'll do the same for you. Good Luck be with ya...

Username: Nicknyc

Post Number: 2
What is a hard reset?!?

Username: Chrisman

Lockport, Illinois

Post Number: 3
I seem to get the impression that a hard reset is just unplugging the thing for a while and maybe hitting the power button a couple of times - I've seen other Samsung DLP related posts mentioning it - frequently in fact - but came up short an any details - and too many hits in Google. Maybe you can do a search... If I find anything I'll let you know.

Chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us