Which is the best receiver, and why?

Bronze Member
Username: Outdoorguy1

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 20
I have a Pansat 2700a, which I find to work quite nicely, what are all of your opinions with your recievers?
Pros? Cons? Price? Ease of programming?
Looking forward to your feed back...

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7483
VS Ultra...and get off your azz and read and find out for yourself WHY!...do we look like your slave?

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1103
Thats right, These question been answered here so many time and its always good to read and figure out ur self which stb is good for ur own use..BTW Lk suggest u one of the best stb at this moment !!!

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1104
just WAtch out for clone

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 21
It was an opinionated post I had requested, I wasn't expecting to be spoon-fed.
Such a nice friendly group you all are sometimes...

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 101
Outdoorguy...I have only been a memeber for a short period of time....Beleive me the people are only trying to HELP you by giving this advice. You could scroll down the home forum page and get literally thousands of answers to your question without opening a thread.Reading is the key to learning.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 238
go with cw600p came out with new bin 1.34 first this time and the next morning came out with the 1.35 bin but 1.34 bin wase rolling great work cw and team

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 751
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 857
I would say also read the forum.......its full of help questions on the clones, the pansats, the "off brand" ones....the viewsat is the clear choice to me. I tested a pansat and a vewsat. With the exception of last week when ALL receivers were having trouble my viewsat has worked 100% each day I have had it. Viewsat was the first with a fix and we had channels the whole time anyway...It was simple to set up and the GREAT SAT ID feature NOT found in a pansat it sure makes SAT install easer...so read the forums and see what receiver people have the most trouble with and what ones are easy to use viewsat is the true winner....

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 753
Upload

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 22
Thanks for the info FTA...appriciated....

Bronze Member
Username: Christian_pirate

Heaven

Post Number: 19
Outdoor guy...Yours is a fair question but the people here are mostly 2homo`s.

Yours is a good question. Older threads would suggest VS is #1 and rightly so for they did take and hold that spot for sometime.VS units are a little more modern as we speak but that will even out shortly I believe.

Things are beggining to even out again as BL has been having the best success just in the last week.I have 2 vs plats and 2 pansat 2700a.

Feb 2nd autoroll fix,BL/Pansat beat VS for the first time in a while(this is good news for the fta hobby as a whole) you dont want 1 leader cornering the market.

As we speak the VS plats wont roll Bev anymore But my pansat 2700`s are rolling bev as we speak.

VS is going to have to release a new bin.Bev autoroll is not the only problem with VS bin.It is also freezing and working like crap.

Stick with your 2700`s.

Also you might want to check out some better fta sites.This place is the bottom of the barrell.Try Hashhu and future_fta ,DSS tester. People are far more knowlegable as well as polite and helpful.

Mostly 3Homo`s here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7529
Post subject: X-85BL_DN_Bev_070203_290T_api.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C/P Chancysand......

Moded with Tivo / Hughes ir codes
Good For ALL Clones

Please read:
It has been my distinct pleasure to have been able help keep our Fortecs alive for the past Year. As it seems that the Pansat 2500A files will soon come to an end I will no longer be able to support the Fortec Lifetime Ultra in the future. As long as there is still a release for the Pansat 2500A unit I will continue to do my best and make a safe file for use. At this time I would like to urge all to upgrade to another reciever while prices are still competitive. We have had a long run and I feel it is best to just move on. Newer boxes are what you should be looking for as they have so many new features that you have not been able to enjoy with your older units. I urge you not to buy another clone because of price because you will be constantly strugleing with the same issues.

Enjoy!!!!!!

BTW...Chancy has ALWAYS stated that ALL Pansats are just CLONES of the original Fortecs, thats was his ONLY reason for making 2500 clone bins! (he was partial/loyal to Fortecs, since they were the ORIGINAL's)...so he is suggesting , DO NOT BUY ANOTHER PANSAT!

Bronze Member
Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 28
IMO, the Pansat 3500SD delivers the best bang for your buck. Great receiver. Updating is a breeze. Once you get one, you can't accept anything else.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7533
3500 is a simple to use beginners receiver, but with poor quality and EPG...and the pansat software is just terrible..Viewsat Ultra is even simpler to use, much better EPG, and much better quality and software!...Pansats day have come and gone, just like the old desotos's , wildcats, GTO's, 396SS, corvairs, dodge darts, and the slant 6..

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
290T 2500 clone safe - 02-05-2007, 07:17 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chancy does it again the files for dn and bev have been seperated so choose the correct one.

here is a quote I found on another site.
cp----
From Chancysand: Moded with Tivo / Hughes ir codes
Good For ALL

It has been my distinct pleasure to have been able help keep our Fortecs alive for the past Year. As it seems that the Pansat 2500A files will soon come to an end I will no longer be able to support the Fortec Lifetime Ultra in the future. As long as there is still a release for the Pansat 2500A unit I will continue to do my best and make a safe file for use. At this time I would like to urge all to upgrade to another reciever while prices are still competitive. We have had a long run and I feel it is best to just move on. Newer boxes are what you should be looking for as they have so many new features that you have not been able to enjoy with your older units. I urge you not to buy another clone because of price because you will be constantly strugleing with the same issues.

Recievers that I am testing in order of my preference are as follows:
CW600sp and Extreme View Magnum
CW600s
Pansat 3500
Viewsat 7000
Coolsa 8000
Pansat 6000
Viewsat Ultra
Viewsat Platinium
Viewsat Xtreme
Coolsa 5000
Coolsa 6000

this is his pick of receivers have good day all

Username: Azmat

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Strongly recommend Viewsat Ultra, I have been testing for a number years and with cards and FTA. The Viewstat Ultra's picture and sound quality are very good, it is very easy to update also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
have you ever try cw got wicked pitcher and is eazy to put in keys and when you get home with it if it is new cw600p it coms ready to tack the new bin 1.35 watch tv in under 5 min go cw and team

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 826
Viewsat Ultra, hands down. Oh LK, the GTO is making a comeback! lol.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 167
pansat2700 is ok but not reliable at all i have them for years . i will not buy pansat ever.
viewsat platinum is good but discontinued.
extreem is reliable but the quality stinksssssss
. i will stick with viewsat cuz they have the best tech support.
who has ultra ? the quality of picture? is it just like extreem or better?Upload

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 982
The picture doesn't suck,cartier is the one Sucks !

Silver Member

Post Number: 984
The picture doesn't suck,cartier is the one that Sucks !

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
And SUCKS ,and sucks till it's sore!

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 829
Just 3 of a list of features, Ultra over Extreme:

USB Interface
200MHz Processor
32Mb SD RAM

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 169
honolulu-time so the quality of pic is the same then for ultra as for extreem .?

Silver Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 830
I don't know about the Extreme's picture quality, but I'm very happy with the Ultra's picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us