Pansat 2500 - Cannot download bin

Bronze Member
Username: Skypatel

Post Number: 38
I have pansat 2500A receiver, and I am not able to download the bin file in the receiver. I have used 2 diff softawre to download, but the software doesnot recoginze it. It say write fail

Does anyone know the problem?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1680
Sky Patel:
1. Cable must be straight RS232 DB9 F/F
2. The BIN file must be unzipped and the BIN extracted from it.
3. The uploader you use is BL updater 1.4.
4. If COM1 does not work try other COM ports.

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 52
in the stp model slot...try typing in key:global instead of pansat 2500A works fer me

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 68
Hey Sky, r u sure you are trying to load a 2500 bin? Make sure it is not a 2700 or 3500 bin. I did that once by mistake and I almost fried my mechine.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 538

Hey Patel
Also do a Factory Setting before
you download the Bin file.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1738
C/P Authored by Chancysand on releasing the latest 290T BIN for Pansat 2500A, pansat 2500 clones, and Fortec Ultra
'
X-85BL_DN_Bev_070203_290T_api.zip

Moded with Tivo / Hughes ir codes . Good For ALL

It has been my distinct pleasure to have been able help keep our Fortecs alive for the past Year. As it seems that the Pansat 2500A files will soon come to an end I will no longer be able to support the Fortec Lifetime Ultra in the future. As long as there is still a release for the Pansat 2500A unit I will continue to do my best and make a safe file for use. At this time I would like to urge all to upgrade to another receiver while prices are still competitive. We have had a long run and I feel it is best to just move on. Newer boxes are what you should be looking for as they have so many new features that you have not been able to enjoy with your older units. I urge you not to buy another clone because of price because you will be constantly struggling with the same issues''

[link removed]
'
Once you have downloaded the zip file, extract the file relevant to your needs. There are two types of files.
1 file for BEV for serial load, you use this to upload to your receiver if you are scanning BEV.
1 file for BEV for jtag. Same as above but for jtagging
1 file DN for serial load, you use this to upload to your receiver if you are scanning DN.
1 file for DN for jtag. Same as above but for jtagging.

You will need Blacklist updater 1.4 for uploading to your receiver.
It is available at many sites.
You may also find the BINs and instructions there.
http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.dssrookie.com
http://www.dsstester*com
http://www.dssevolution.com

Bronze Member
Username: Skypatel

Post Number: 39
I am using BL updater 1.4. and using the correct bin for 2500A, and using DB9 cable. It is still not working. It seems that the software is not recognizing the PANSAT receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1740
1. Cable must be straight RS232 DB9 F/F
2. The BIN file must be unzipped and the BIN extracted from it. From 290t zipped file extract the BIN (DN or BEV) you want to use.
3. The uploader you use is BL updater 1.4.
4. You must bring the appropriate file in the BIN window.
4. If COM1 does not work try other COM ports.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1927
Don't forget to disable any firewalls or anti-virus software as this may also creat a problem in communications depending on the settings.

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 55
sky patel....try typing key:global in the stp model slot instead of using your model number....i'm not gonna tell ya again

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1064
Sky Patel....

You said you are using DB9 cable, there are 2 kinds of DB9 cable to download receivers...RS232C (This is the null modem cable, this is crossed inside) and RS232 (This is the straight cable), you need this last one, you must be sure of using the right cable, just check it....If you are using BL Updater 1.4 you don't need to put the STB model....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us