Urgent Help!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jrpistonsfan

Post Number: 47
I have a question about setting up sattellites and receivers. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect two receivers in two different rooms to one satellite? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 760
JJJ,

What is your receivers? What is the dish type? How many LNB's? Switches used?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I have a Pansat 2500A and i will buy another receiver as long as i can have it in two rooms. The dish is a small dish network dish with 1 LNB and i dont know what switches you are talking about...

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
So you are just getting one sat? 110 or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
no i am getting Echo 8, Echo 7, Echostar ect..

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 214
if you want to hook up 2 receivers in two different rooms, most likely your lnb will have an extra port for that extra receiver. if you want to hook up, up to 4 receivers use a dp34 switch. what dish,LNB do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
How are you getting "Echo 8, Echo 7, Echostar ect" with 1 LNB ?

I could never get a LNB to see more than one sat at a time...

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 217
I agree with fta tester, if you want to hit more than 1 satellite your gonna need a DISEqC switch. your original question was "I have a question about setting up sattellites and receivers. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect two receivers in two different rooms to one satellite? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..." notice you said to one satellite

Bronze Member
Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 28
I also have problem getting signal from both satellites with DP Twin LNBF, I remember I was able to download channels from both satellites one time and next time I changed bin couldn't do it any more, I am convinced it is in the bin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
roger,
That Dish Pro is a NIGHTMARE dish....satscanner is pretty good with it but, I gave up and replaced mine with a "poor mans" set up............

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1823
Who set up the dish? is it properly aligned and all you need is to configure you antenas properly.

In your antena setting it should read:

LNB Type - DishPro
DISEqC - 119=#1 and 110=#2.

Please make sure you are using a DishPro LNB and not a DishProPlus.

It is not a nightmare with the DishPro Twin or Quad LNB's. This is the easiest setup you could have.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
If you have a one of these all you have to do is setup as indicated above. Remember a DishProPlus LNB can be used, but it is a headache to make work. With the twin all you do is run a line directly into receiver and configure as stated earlyer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1825
Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) LNB

-First you will need to reset factory defaults

-Then go into your Antenna Setup and configure

NOTE: If you are using Fortec or Pansat you will need to unselect the bird you are not scanning. To do this, use the arrows on your remote to deselect the sat.

- You will then set your LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 110 = 2).

NOTE: If you are scanning 119 then 110 should be unselected and in the DISEcQ option it should read NONE.

- Now commence your blind scan.

NOTE: At the end of this process do the same for next sat repeating the steps above. Once you have completed all scans you will need to go back and reconfigure your antennas as follows:

For Fortecs and Pansats:

LNB TYPE = DishPro
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

The remaining options will stay the same. Keep in mind that depending on your location you may or may not have any signal on the first TP that appears in your settings for 119. Do not alarm yourself with this.

For Viewsat Owners the steps are pretty similar, but all you do is turn the LNB Power Off in the Antenna Setup.

Once completed you will need to reconfigure as follows:

LNB TYPE = OSC-DP
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

Enjoy!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7444
JJJ...U cannot possibly receiving 2 sats with 1 LNB...its IMPOSSIBLE!...unless u have a motor.

U may have 2 LNB's combined into 1 casing with 2-4 outputs, these are twin or quad LNB's...and that type LNB has an internal switch...and each output is cabled directly to a receiver, and will carry 2 sat signals (82-91, or 110-119)...

there are 3 types of these Twins LNB's also, Dish Pro (DP), Dish Pro Plus (DPP), and Legacy...The Dish Pro/and DPP series actually say "Dish Pro" on them with their logo...the Legacy twin/quad will NOT work with Pansat receivers..The Dish Pro LNB will work and is very simple and FTA friendly, BUT the Dish Pro Plus is a nightmare and is not recommended for FTA use..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
sorry to all my original question had a mistake. I am wondering if it is possible to connect two receivers to one sattelite DISH...my bad and any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us