Cone safe BIN 292 for Pansat 2700 clones

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1586
There are two new BINs out for 2700 clones at dsstester site. They are stated to be clone safe.
I have not tested them. Try at your own risk
VorteX_87VX_070125_2902.zip
070125_292_api(MARK 7).rar

http://www.dsstester*com/files.php?cat=14
Replace * with . in above url.

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 128
yes it is but the 292 is one of the worst that mistert BL came with .. freez, depixilation. lose controling remote control. loose of signal
. and from time to time it keep rolling the keys for no hell reason even the keys are the same.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 281
I posted 2902 at dsstester and am now recommending people stay away from that site, its going downhill FAST! You are WARNED!

Silver Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 129
what you mean edenman?

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
Bad info, bad mods, it used to be good and I USED to recommend it, but, well, dont say I didnt warn you. Stick with LK's list (Minus Dsstester) and yur good :-)

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7431
I have the Pansat 2700 clone bin posted at www.dsscommunity.c*om ...in the CLONES section , in the Vortex thread...also the Pansat 3500 CLONE bin is there too..and the Pansat 2500 CLONE bin and loaders...

and the bins I have are working well and NOT the same as the one posted above by (MARK)...in fact, his last clone bin, killed receivers..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
Clone safe BINs for Pansat 2700A/E clones are not usually posted by Chancysand. The usual posts are by Vortex and by Mark. I have no idea who edenman is, but obviously he is cautioning people against using the Vortex BIN. so far there are no comments at the site.
The question to edenman is : Did you personally post it at dsstester site? That seems unusual, because that is the site where Vortex has posted before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
No, the Vortex bin 2902 is stable and testing fine. Yes I posted it. I now recommend people avoid dsstester. And the last Mark 7 bin (291)made me learn how to jtag.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1590
Files
070125_292_api(MARK 7).rar and

The DOS compare command is over 20 years old and has been used by people with complete accuracy of comparison. I have downloaded the two files at dsstester and the same at dssrookie and have compared them.

The file by Mark at dsstester and the same file at dssrookie are each 620,394 bytes long. Microsoft DOS compare command tells me they are IDENTICAL byte for byte.

The file by Vortex at dsstester and the same at dssrookie are each 404,435 bytes long. Microsoft DOS compare command tells me they are IDENTICAL byte for byte.

The files as posted are OK. If they have problems it is soemthing you have to reckon wit if you are testing. There is no point in bashing one site.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
I posted the file, because noone else had in the last 72 hrs. Someone new there was looking for it, getting bad info from mods, I posted the file, guided him to it, pointed out the error and they gave ME *hit.That was the last straw for me! Go try to help there if ya want :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jdrocci

Lisle, Ont Ca

Post Number: 11
Could someone that has a Pansat 2700a(clone) tell me which bin to download and where to find it? A bin that works and won't ruin my receiver. Please.............
Also, I have Echo 6,8 which is working fine, have enough PPV's and hockey games. My only problem is that Echo 7, comes for only mins and then goes and I'm not getting a signal any longer. Keeps doing it over and over. Should I even bother changing and downloading a new bin after hearing all the negative reaction that people are saying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7433
Don Dinero and Thadeadman create 90% of the Pansat 2700 and 3500 clone bins... Vortex, will also release these clone bins, and is assisted by chancysand who does NOT release 2700 and 3500 clone bins...MARK is new on the scene, and associated with Pantec, and I know of some people that claim his 2700 clone bill still contains maicious killer codes for pansat 2700 clones..

Don Dinero's, Thadeadman, and Vortex bins are always CLONE SAFE and available at dsscommunity.c*om...lastest WORKING and safe CLONE 2500, 2700 and 3500 bins were released 28 Jan by Vortex ..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1809
LK - Got your PM and I agree with you 100%. I chatted with him yesterday and as you said. I'll wait to hear from you and we'll go from there.

BTW - I didn't recognize this MARK person yesterday, but that bin had been posted a couple of days ago at another site. I didn't load it because I read the same thing and while I have no problems JTAG'ing units if my test doesn't work, I rather stick to the people I know...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1594
jamie rocci : The Files are
070125_292_api(MARK 7).rar and
available at
http://www.dssrookie.com
http://www.dsstester*com (replace * with .)
They are in the Pansat section.
The writers of these BINs have had a mixed reception from the Pansat 2700 clone users. As you can see above, LK, a senior poster here does not like Mark's work. I have read elsewhere that Vortex files have a problem that you cannot upload the next time. You have to how to and be able to Jtag, in case of failure. Use either of the files at your own risk. Get some knowledgable person to help you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
Yes, this is true, but the hard boot method of loading bins (pressing download bin just after powering on back) allowed me to go back to 287t, then you can load 2092 again np

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Sorry, 2902

Gold Member

Post Number: 1601
The jtagless method of uploading is probably the best for 2500 and 2700 clones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7443
U MUST use differnt loaders made speciafically for Vortex 2700 or 3500 bins, or Pansat 2700 and 3500 clones..U cannot use the normal genuine loaders for the 2700/3500 Vortex or Pansat clone bins..for Pansat 2500 clones and Vortex 2500 bins, U can use the genuine Blacklist v 1.4 updater loader

here's the Vortex loaders..
[link removed]

for the 2700, use loader
x-87.....3.38
VortexPro X-87VX downloader

also, there is a Pansat C 2700 Clone loader 27.01 in the Pansat Files section in these forums, that MAY also work with these Vortex 2700 bins..

Vortex 2700 Loader v3.38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this loader to update your vortex 2700A.. if receiver is stock and loader don't work, just turn it off from the back switch.. open your loader v3.38, select bin you want to transfer (don't hit download yet).. now turn your power switch on from the back of receiver, and as soon as you see those green lights, click download.....You can do this with any pansat or vortex receiver if it is stock and loader doesn't work...

For the 3500 clones use Vortex loaders
x-05.....35.01
x-05 ....3.40
x-05.....Vortex downloader

Bronze Member
Username: Jdrocci

Lisle, Ont Ca

Post Number: 12
I'm stuck here..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help Please

I have been reading up on my Pansat 2700A and I have come to the conclussion that I'm still confused and fustrated as I was when I didn't read any of this sh*t. When I bought my unit I wasn't told if it was a clone or not and at the time I didn't care, I just wanted to watch T.V. Over the past 2 years I stop doing business with the dickhead I bought the unit from and found someone else to help me. That person told me that my unit is a clone but he couldn't tell me how he was able to tell the difference.

I have been reading up on my unit on different sites and have come to this conclussion. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I'M WRONG. From my understanding with clones your not to use blacklist files, well I did and I'm up and running. Should I take this as saying that my unit is not a clone?

Last night my unit went down completly for the first time since late Oct(2006) so with all the bullshit about Mark and Vortex files for clones and jtag bullsh*t. I decide to try the blacklist: x-87BL_070125_292.api.bin and I understood it's isn't for clone units. My unit is working now but I have the same problem that I had last week that Echo 7 comes and goes as it pleases, does anybody have a suggestion to resolve my fustrations.

The buttom line that I'm trying to get to is:

Is my unit a clone?
How do I get Echo 7 working all the time?

Thanxs

jr

Gold Member

Post Number: 7447
With Pansat bins U need to know some basics, which U can tell usually by the Bin file name..

EXAMPLE ONLY....X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip

X- 8500 = Pansat 1500
X- 75 = Pansat 2300 bin
X- 85 = Pansat 2500
X- 87 = Pansat 2700
X- 88 = Pansat 2800
X- 05 = Pansat 3500
X- 95 = Pansat 5000
X- 60 = Pansat 6000

BL = Blacklist, a coder of Pansat bins

060927 is the date the bin was released/created by Blacklist...so 06 is the year = 2006, 09 = 9th month September, 27 is the day of the month = 27th day, 279 is the actually bin # which usually follows sequence from the previously released bin... so the above bin EXAMPLE means..

X-85BL_060927_279_db_api(N).zip....this bin was created/released by Blacklist for the Pansat 2500 on September 27, 2006...and it is bin number 279 which followed bin 278 and the next bin number whenever it is released should be 280..

Also remember that U must use the correct bin for your particular model, they are NOT interchangeable...

Also remember these bins are for Genuine Pansat receivers ONLY, NOT clones(imitations)!..they will damage your clone..

For Pansat CLONES, the bin file names are ALMOST exactly the same but usually will have the letter "T" (for Tested ) after the bin number..such as bin number 279T...if U have a clone pay close attention to this and make sure U use a CLONE safe bin...usually clone bins will also say it in the post that its a Pansat bin made and modified for clones....so READ the description and file name VERY carefully before U attempt to upload it into your receivers..NOT all "T" bins are SAFE for clones either, make sure it says "Clone SAFE", some are just modified for Tivo use and NOT Clone use..

Also Pansat 2700 Clone bins do NOT end with "T", they usually are X-87BL.. date (061108)... bin # (284v)...example X-87BL 061108_ 284v1 and STATE clearly they are pansat 2700 CLONE bin

Pansat 2500 Clone bins will always end in "T"

I have yet to see a Pansat 3500 Clone safe bin...

Lastly again, read the ENTIRE file name, NOT only the bin number, because many times different models (1500-2500-2700 especially) will have the same bin number..and again , they are NOT interchangeable, and will do much damage to your receiver if U use the WRONG bin file!

BTW...the Fortec Ultra is considered a Pansat 2500 CLONE and uses the same bins as them..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7448
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:56 am Post subject: Counterfeit Pansats aka CLONES...how to tell

I bought a Pansat model 2700A or 3500S from E-bay or another vendor. How can I determine whether it's a genuine or counterfeit product?

Answer: Panarex stopped sellin g the 2700A model in May, 2006. The current Pansat model is the 2700A but is newly labeled " 2700A(IR) " on the product packaging. There are two distinguishing labels: one titled "2700A(IR)" as well as a FCC label on the back panel of the receiver. Another change in the current, authentic 2700A(IR) product is the switch from a Pansat universal remote to a Pansat (IR) re g ular remote.

Panarex stopped sellin g the Pansat 3500S model in April, 2006. The current model we are sellin g is the Pansat 3500SD . The 3500SD model is essentially the same as the 3500S model except that it includes a 128Mb SD memory card.

* Another feature of authentic Pansat models is located on the AC power cord. Near the prongs of the AC power cord plug head is an imprint of the manufacturer's name which is "KJ-10W, Kuk Je Ton g Shin." All genuine Pansat units have this feature. cloned units have a variety of different labels on the AC power cord plug such as "HBAB", "AWIN", random numbering or a variety of other imprints.

* The remote control for an imitation unit looks significantly different compared with our original one. The imitation remote is made of inexpensive plastic (lightweight to the touch and), and of inferior quality and technology (less function buttons). Visit the products section of our website located at www.pansatusa.com to see pictures of authentic Pansat remotes.

* On some fake Pansat receivers, the front LED display shows a large green dot (1/4" in diameter). Please note that there are discrepancies in imitation receivers: we have seen the green dot appear on some fake models' LED display screens but not on others. Authentic Pansat receivers never have a large green dot appear on the front LED display.

When Panarex's application software ( 05/26/2006 version) has been or is downloaded onto a counterfeit receiver, a message will appear on the television screen that states " Warning. This product may be a cloned or defective. Please call your supplier a.s.a.p. before damage occurs. " We have developed a safety mechanism to protect our customers as well as proprietary information such as our trademark and technology. If you see this warning, please contact the seller you bought the receiver from and immediately return the product. The best way to purchase Pansat products is through sellers recommended by Panarex's sales team. We strongly urge you not to purchase Pansat products through any internet seller who does not list their full company information (i.e. address, telephone number). Our sales team can give you information on the nearest reliable sellers in your area. Feel free to contact us during business hours. Your satisfaction with authentic Pansat products is our goal.

Cheap reproductions will damage easily due to inferior technology and are not covered under our warranty.

Note: If you are a customer who submits information on a seller of counterfeit Pansat merchandise (i.e. company name, street address, telephone number, e-mail address, the seller's name, an invoice showing purchase or other information leading to the arrest of the counterfeiter), Panarex will review your claim and replace the imitation merchandise with authentic Pansat product(s).

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1828
LK - You hit it on the nose yet again!

Prime example of this "T" issue:

"By Chancysand

Moded X-05BL_070125_308T_api with Hughes / Tivo ir remote codes.

This is NOT CLONE SAFE!"

Notice how the bin ends with a "T", yet this is not a clone safe bin. It was modified by Chancy but it was only modified for Tivo codes"...

This is why I get worked up when someone says that the "T" means "Clone Safe"....

Gold Member

Post Number: 7451
Yes I've mentioned that often...

Chancysand ONLY makes a Pansat 2500 CLONE Safe bins!...NOT 2700 or 3500 CLONE safe!

His modified "T" bins for Pansat 2700 and Pansat 3500's are NOT for CLONES, but are for genuine receivers using TIVO...

There are Pansat 2700 CLONE safe bins made by don dinero, and thadeadman...these bins always end with V1 or V2 ...

There are now Pansat 3500 clone safe bins released by "luke skywalker" and have a "TC" after the bin number, like present bin X05 BL_070125_ 308TC ...the "T" signifies TIVO, and the "C" signifies for CLONES...so its both Tivo and Clones safe..

Vortex also releases Vortex bins which are Pansat 2500, 2700, and 3500 CLONE safe.. his bins are numbered diferently (4 digits), like 2902 instead of 292 for Vortex 2700 and Pansat 2700 clones, and 3008 instead of 308 for Vortex 3500 and Pansat 3500 clones....and these 2700 and 3500 Vortex bins require use of Vortex loaders...his 2500 bin is same as Chancy's in name 289T and can be loaded with genuine BL V 1.4 updater (may even be same bin, cause Chancy and Vortex are tight)..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us