Conditional Access Code and Videoguard

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 455
The purpose of this post is for education purpose

I have no intention to hack into any secured system or to train someone on how to

You can google and yahoo as much as you want but what I'm about to show you can only be learned from "King's Corner"

It breaks my heart to read credible posts by great knowledgeable people that has no foundation in Electronics. I'm not hear to criticize no one. But to set the correct Electronics terminology.

Digital Video Broadcasting
Digital TV transmissions used by DTV is QPSK.
(Quadrature Phase shift Keying) is a phase modulation algorithm.
Quad means 4 representing 4 encoding phases is a way to send multiple bit at a time

A digital DVB (MPEG-2) standard by all Digital Broadcasters
Receiver must detect what the FEC (Forward Error Correction)
What is the sample bit rate for required PID codes when more channels are in a multiplex
MCPC. Multiple Channel Per Carrier used for Direct to home Broadcasting,
For one channel in a multiplex, it is called SCPC (Single Channel Per Carrier).
PID codes are Program Identification Data, Receiver has to know which data is for which channel and what audio data and what is video is etc.,

- People often confused between RAM and ROM that's OK even Engineers
But this is what I tell you:
If you can write to it is a RAM even if it non-volatile. Whether if it access card, internal or external memory etc. If it has data line input. It is a RAM call it scratch pad. If it is meant for the purpose of variable data, I repeat it is a RAM.

If it is meant to operate to run programs even if required to reprogram or re-update it is a ROM
The bottom line if it is RAM or ROM there is only one way to read them via Address Memory Location. They are both can be accessed and read its contents.

- Secondly for the record I want you to know that Nagravision wasn't easy to break. I personally thought it was a lot harder than any Encryption Code. As for Videoguard it is a toy comparing to Nagravision.

Therefore I'm writing this post to clear few basic fundamental theory
What information/tools did they use to hack into and where about:
- Subscription Program Service specifications: Sounds like RAM to me
- Conditional Access: Sounds like Microprocessor and Assembly programming
- Decoder Receiver: Need to be compatible to MPEG-2 and/or QPSK
- Dish, LNBs, Cables: Piece a cake

Some of the Primitive Conditional Access Providers
Mode 1 = Free To Air
Mode 2 = Key Encrypted they are perhaps 7 or 8 Decimal digits
(not in Hexadecimal)

- VideoGuard (by NDS) 0x0900
- Viaccess (by France Télécom) 0x0500
- Seca Mediaguard (by Canal+ Technologies) 0x0100
- Wegener Compel (by Wegener Communications) 0x300

Some of the Modern Conditional Access Providers
Mode 0 = Free To Air
Mode 1 = Session Word (12 to 16 digits in Hexadecimal)
Mode E = Encrypted Session Word (12 to 16 digits in Hexadecimal)

- Nagravision (by Kudelski) 0x1800
- Digicipher (by Motorola) 0x0700
- PowerVU (by Scientific Atlanta) 0x0E00
- Irdeto (by Irdeto Access BV) 0x0600
- Cryptoworks (by Philips) 0x0D00
- Conax (by Conax SA)
- Codicrypt (by Scopus) 0x2200
- RAS (Remote Authorisation System) (by Tandberg) 0x1000
- MDS 0x2500
- KeyFly (by SIDSA)
- Betacrypt (by Comvenient GmbH / Beta Technik) 0x1700
- AccessGate (by Telemann) 0x4800
- BISS (Basic Interoperable

So if you think there is one code out there can't be broken, think again or don't let the high school kids do the work there are many masters out there as well but they choose not to break the law.

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 190
Hi King, appreciate it very much but do you really think even 5% of people here would understand what you're talking about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
About 5%
But I can tell you are not one of them
Because you didn't read it

Just spend few minutes you'll pickup something

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 191
I did read it and I do understand most of it. You're right I am not those 5% :-)

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 921
But wasn't nagra leaked not cracked.?And in theory should be piece of cake,...repeat..theory.

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
Don't mean to give you hard time
I do got some good info that many asking about

It took you less than 2 minutes between your post and mine

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
Scanner
That is a great point
Leaked yes

Hard Yes
Intellegince is a must
Impossible no

Silver Member

Post Number: 925
I personnaly think there is a working hack for dtv..just kept real quite until tha time is rite to realse it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 460
I think so
I don't know if you noticed they actually use decimal numbers instead of Hex and at most likely it is a 7 digit. Like I said it is a toy comparing to Nagra

Silver Member

Post Number: 930
Saw that so its like thousands times easiier.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7420
- Secondly for the record I want you to know that Nagravision wasn't easy to break. I personally thought it was a lot harder than any Encryption Code. As for Videoguard it is a toy comparing to Nagravision.

U are high!....Nagravision security doesn't compare to Videogard!...any engineer in the world would be an instant multimillionare if they could break Videogard..and belive me that have been ttying for years now...its not HS kids trying to break it!...its NEVER been broke EVER!

Nagravision was around Europe for years before the US, the Spanish hacked nagra2 almost immediately after release!...U cannot honest make statements that Videograd is a "toy" compared the Nagra!...obviously U haven't been around Dss long enough to know better....U may know Electonics, but U obviously know nothing about Dss and their encryptions and past history!...and there is NO present hack for Videogard that people are keeping quiet!...thats like trying to hide an elephant in a shoe box!...The money is way too much and tempting for ANYBODY to NOT sell the hack!...that statement was ridiculous!

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
Lk if you had a working hack and released it now u have to compete with wide open dn and bev and fta,if you release after fta down for the count ...then u make money.Timing is everything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7426
EVERYBODY wants DTV!...Both DTV and DN were once tested at same time , and EVERYBODY tested DTV, few tested DN...thats an old BS story about NOT releasing DTV hack cause DN hack is out and timing...the timing is THERE IS NO DTV HACK ANYWHERE!

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
DSS is made of Electronics
And this post was a message for some who knows it

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 52
Isn't Sky Mexico, which uses Videoguard, open via IKS and the ipro2000. That's the word anyway.
(John, f.u.c.k off with your spam)

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
Welcome back,Dry dent lure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7432
there is rumor that it may be...there is a recently released video to that affect...but this is not confirmed yet and most likely a rumor only..

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 53
Thank you SatScanner. I didn't know you were taking attendance or I would have had my mother call. I do have a doctors note.

Silver Member

Post Number: 954
Yes, and you have a lot of catching up to do,you'll have stay after class.lol

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 527

King you are right about one thing,
I did have electronic theory in
high school, but they didn't teach
us about breaking any codes.

Some come here to help others to
install or trouble shoot their satellite
system, so they can watch FTA TV.
I would think that electronic theory
could be useful in another site, but not here.

BTW I did leave out, that others come here to cause trouble or bullshit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Sky Digital (UK) is now becoming more and more popular all over Europe biggest absurd word that anyone can say unhacked because it is unbreakable have some patience people you'll find my notes very easy after the fact. As far as getting rich from the hack sorry my electronics background is not strong enough to take part of that share. Maybe some of my students will be some day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
Sky Digital (UK) and Sky Mexico same company
DTV of US and Sky may or may not be same I don't know
I would only assume they use same encryption like BEV and DN

One good way to find out if you can load MPEG-2 of (PAS 9 at 58.0°W) even if encrypted then they are not partners. But if you can't load (PAS 9 at 58.0°W) great chance it is QPSK almost all FTA receiver out there are only MPEG-2. Few new receivers may have both, it will say in Manuel

Don't even try to tell me 58 ain't visible I tell you it is

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
LK
Please try to read this carefully
I don't BS

The oldest and newest tricks in securing Microcontrollers, Peripheral interface, EPROMs etc. will not prevent extracting algorithm or authentication of algorithm as they use advanced or competing chips can find your way around it. There is nothing I haven't seen. All you have to do is read its algorithm. If Engineers spent years not knowing how to that's simply false or if rumors that it was leaked or cracked don't matter.
I think I made my point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7436
Show me the MONEY!...enough of the BS and talk!...U say its a "toy", then DO IT!...go ahead and hack DTV!...U are smarter than at least a million others who have been trying for 3 years!

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Yeah right and go to prison for how long?
I never claimed I was smart or smarter than anyone
You know damn well it is not a one man show!!!

I responded to false claims with simple honest answers and you tell me I BS.

Did NDS calim it is unbreakable? that I would like to see. DTV has nothing to do with hardware. But relax I do belive someone much smarter got it just waiting for right time to market. It is a chess game.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7449
DIRECTV Boosts Fraud Protection

Thinking software ... that can identify potential pirates, ferret out cheating tactics and trace down no-pay scofflaws ... has been added to DIRECTV's arsenal of anti-fraud measures. The U.S. DBS leader announced yesterday that it has selected risk management provider Neural Technologies to assist the satcaster in reducing its risk to fraud.

Said James Whalen, DIRECTV vice president, Office of Signal Integrity, "Since we've thwarted signal thieves with air-tight access cards, we've seen more instances of fraud and we're taking active steps to address these illegal activities. Based on the positive feedback we've received from NT's clients and its solid performance in the pilot study (conducted for DIRECTV), we believe we have the best solution to dramatically reduce acts of fraud against DIRECTV."

In essence, Neural Technologies utilizes software designed to mimic the human brain in identifying patterns that indicate fraud and help locate the fraudsters. Other U.S. customers for the global firm include Cingular Wireless, GE Money and Sprint Nextel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
Yes I see
But take it from me DTV has nothing to do with neither software nor hardware

Software is just a shell above firmware so it is all on a component level. Back engineering would take op code commands and extract it outside circuit. But this will Break ASSy code prevent extracting algorithm as Assy code. The way around it is to find chip specs to disarm BRK. Old trick easier say than is done. But this is theory how it is done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us