Please Help Me How Do i Fix my Reciever?

Bronze Member
Username: Diesiel

Post Number: 19
Hi guys, i am having a problem with my pansat clone receiver (Says its pantec dv3).

Okay so after alot of problems with the 289T bin(Reciever rebooting every 5 min) all of a sudden it just stopped working.

Reciever turns on fine (Says "0n" on the actual box) but my Tv does not display anything anymore.

I tried reloading the 289T bin, didnt work.
I tried loading the factory bin, didn't work.

My question is what to i do now? I heard about jtag but i have no idea what it is and how to do it.

PLZ HELP!

Thank you in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1748
abde - if you receiver is turning on, it is likely you don't need a jtag. When you flash the bin, are you getting a completed message on your computer or getting a write fail message? Did you go into the menus? Try and see if you see this on your tv screen. If so, all you need to do is reconfigure you box and do a blind scan on your birds.

But this is all guessing. Please answer the questions above so I can try to troubleshoot your problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Okay exactly what is happening is this:

The bin write is a Sucess (Says completed).

When i plug in my reciever to my television, it turns on but the Tv still displays a blue screen (it is on Video mode) like nothing is actually contected to it. I press power and the receiver changes from the time on the LED display to the channel on the LED display. But nothing is displayed on my Tv except the glare of blue. I tried to change the bin to the factory one for 2500 (says it works for clones too) to no avail.

If you have more questions for me i will gladly answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1758
This has nothing to do with the bin or receiver. You need to verify the connection between your TV and your receiver...

If you are seeing the display "on" on your receiver, that means it's waiting for you to select whether you want to download your guide or not, but you can't see this because there is a problem with your connection between the tv and your receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 42
r u using rca (yellow,red,white)cable to your tv or rg58/59. if so make sure you are plugged in the IF input and not in the ANT in. i had that problem too when i first hooked up my pansat 2700 clone

Gold Member

Post Number: 1759
Yeap - That's exactly what I was refering to. LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
okay guys thanks for your help, everything is working fine now!

Funny story (true story), my fat cat was walking across my coffee table and managed to push the input select button on my VCR remote, effectively switching the input from Line 1 to Line 2. LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1762
LOL - At least you got some practice in flashing your receiver!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us