HDMI cord and comcast,what up?

Username: Wilbur710

Post Number: 2
Tryed to hook up cable box from comcast(used to be adelphia)with a hdmi cord rather that rca plugs to view the "high-definition" channels i am paying for.HDMI cord did not work,called company and they said that this feauture is not yet available therefore i can only get analog high definition at 1080i.Plasma tv also stating analog hd.Does anyone have any knowledge on when comcast is going to be truely "hi def"they seem to want to keep this a secret..thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 63
hmm... In my area the HDMI is enabled, and works fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Aimee64

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 13
I have comcast and they just gave me an hdmi box, I plugged it in and I do not notice any difference in my high def with the rca cords or hdmi. I was wondering if there is a difference in the more expensive hdmi cords. I bought one that was only $30 or $40. Big difference from the really expensive ones. I do not want to buy a really expensive one if it will not make a considerable difference. Hdmi is not available in my area yet either but I thought having the box and the cord would still improve my picture. Maybe I am wrong???????

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1548
­
"I do not notice any difference in my high def with the rca cords or hdmi."

Amy, I assume by "rca cords" you mean the three red/green/blue component cables usually provided by the cable company when they install an HD box. If this is the case, then switching over to an HDMI cable will not usually give you dramatic video improvement, especially if the cable box and TV are processing the signal the way they should.

"I was wondering if there is a difference in the more expensive hdmi cords. I bought one that was only $30 or $40."

There are folks on this forum that are getting perfect performance from $10 HDMI cables. HDMI is a multi-pinned interconnect that streams a digital signal from one device to another. Like USB, Firewire and other serial interconnects, HDMI either works or it doesn't. There's no in-between. Over the next few years, there will be much money made from people over-paying for HDMI cables.

"Hdmi is not available in my area yet either"

Sorry Amy I don't understand this statement.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us