What would your dealer do???

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 143
In january 2005, I purchased a denon 2910 dvd player, a denon 3805 receiver, and a full b&w speaker system 5.1 with asw675 sub, b&w 604s 601s and 6 center. I purchased the extended three year warranty on the denon 2910 dvd player for an additional $100. I spent a great deal of money in this shop and planned on being a future customer as well as now i'm in the market for a new 5/7 channel power amp. So, my denon dvd 2910 stopped playing cd's altogether and is hit or miss with dvds. I had to pull my old denon dedicated cd player out of the closet to listen to cds and used the denon 2910 for dvd only. Well, I brought the dvd player into the shop with the warranty paperwork and they said they would call me when it was fixed and gave me a slip of paper indicating that they had my player for service and I would need the tag to pick up the player when they call me to say it is fixed. I then preceded to be extrememly unhappy with this. In my opinion with my extended warranty and being a good customer, they should have done far better than this. So, I expressed my unhappiness with the outcome and they then gave me a used cheapo dvd player with no hdmi or multi channel audio capabilities as a "loaner" unit to use until mine was fixed. Is this acceptable??? Is this "good" customer service??? Are my expectations too high and I'm being unreasonable that I think that they should give me at least the same quality dvd player on a loan until mine is fixed? I have never had an issue with any of my equipment failing this being the first and I assumed my dealer would have really came through for me, but I'm not sure if what I would consider good service is feasible. Any comments would be great as I now am not sure if I should go back to my normal dealer or if I should find a new dealer for future purchases.

Thanks
Jeff

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 153
bump.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2062
??ok, so they took your DVD player and gave you a receipt to hold until they called you when it was repaired. How could they do better? Most places don't give ANY "loaner" equipment for you to use until yours is fixed. In my opinion, they went beyond what is called for.
As far as the extended warranty, all it does is extend the length of the original warranty, it doesn't get any beter service.

Like I said above, this is the first time I've heard of anyone being given a "loaner" to replace their equipment until it is repaired....seems like they did a pretty good job to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us