Tint on Samsung LN-S2338W LCD (or similar Samsung 23" LCD)

Username: Djl31065

NY USA

Post Number: 2
I purchased a Samsung LN-S2338W and use an HDMI input. The picture clarity is excellent on HD content and relatively good on SD.

Samsung greyed out the tint control. I find at times the tint to be a bit on the pink side. I also find a bit of greenish cast on some colors (especially yellow).

I accessed the service menus and found a tint control but it has no effect on the picture. Can someone suggest how to adjust the tint and remove some of the greenish cast. Can anyone recommend some changes to the service menus that I have not seen yet. I am going to record the test pattern on HDNet this Sunday.

Also .. . what are the default settings in the serrvice codes, in the event I mess things up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 26
I have the same TV here. Why would Samsung make the tint control unaccessable??? Makes no sense to me.

JF

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1453
­
This blanking out tint is not an HDMI requirement.

Disabling the tint on HDMI sources is part of that "we know better than you" corporate hubris. They think stupid viewers will mess up the pix through ignorant and gratuitous tint control diddling....

I believe Samsung is the only one doing this.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us