Looking For Galaxy 10R... Any Advice Please

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 56
Hello There

As I had mentioned last week, I was and did infact pick up a 33" Dish and Linear LNB this past weekend. I am now trying to track down the elusive Galaxy 10R signal for the local channels that are on there.

I do have some questions for those of you who don't mind helping someone out when in need please.

1.) What should the LNB be set to in the set-up menu for installation?

2.) If the Level Signal it 90%, does that mean I am in the right area and almost locating the signal?

3.)Are there any other little things that should be done differently for a 33" and trying to find Galaxy 10R?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am just shotting in the dark here. I have the numbers for where it should be pointed, etc., but you still need some help if possible.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 150
you can go to store and get sat finder i got min at radieo shack taks the gessing out of it

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 613
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 398
here is a copy of a post with some good info

If you can find Echostar9/Intelsat Americas13 using a sat. meter then you are very very close.

Here on the west coast Galaxy10R is at the same 34 degree elevation as Echostar7. I've heard that on the east coast its as low as 12 degrees.

If using a sat. meter the signal from Echostar 9 is too strong and will over power galaxy10R. Galaxy10R is one of the weaker satellites out there as its one of the farthest away.

Once you have Echostar 9 just move the dish a hair to the west and try to scan for it on transponder 11800.
If you don't get anything then move dish another hair and retry.

Skewing the dish should not be required to find the satellite as it is close enough to due south, but if you want to skew the LNB, only move it about 1/4" maximum to the west looking from behind the dish. Once you find signal then you should skew the LNB in order to improve your signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us